• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

FAO Australians - AFL Thread

Ryan

The Prophet
Couldn't find one.

Any fans out there? Cats again this year by the looks of it.

For anyone who wants a quick guide to AFL, watch this videos.

[flash=300,300]http://www.youtube.com/v/9wm9WEfXq-w&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

;)

there's a tournament in melbourne now Ry for all the int'l teams ... i tried out for the Israeli-Palestinian one but didn't make it ...

been a Geelong man for the past 19 years.

Watched us lose 4 grand finals (89, 92, 94 and 95) and last year was just an incredible feeling. I couldnt sleep the night before the game, in fear that we would fuck it up again.

We deserve it again, and the only team that i can see stopping us is Hawthorn.

The most impressive thing is that our core players are still only 24-27, so hopefully we can dominate for a few more seasons yet :D

when i was in aus i chose the Kangaroos as my team.. we went to see them play collingwood on our first whole day in melbourne and at half time when the game was something like 54-58 I went up to the shop and picked myself up a Kangaroos jersey. Cue the most one sided half of footy ever which ended up around 112-64 to Collingwood!

I record the odd highlights show on eurosport but i dont really have the time to get too into and I know about each team/ players etc. I love it as a game though and wish it was played here as I think it is actually something I could be pretty good at

[quote author=Jack the Lad link=topic=26436.msg656222#msg656222 date=1219655418]
been a Geelong man for the past 19 years.

Watched us lose 4 grand finals (89, 92, 94 and 95) and last year was just an incredible feeling. I couldnt sleep the night before the game, in fear that we would fuck it up again.

We deserve it again, and the only team that i can see stopping us is Hawthorn.

The most impressive thing is that our core players are still only 24-27, so hopefully we can dominate for a few more seasons yet :D
[/quote]

Well the Hawks couldn't do it earlier in the year when you were without Ablett and Ling, so I can't see them doing it in the Finals either.

I fancy the Saints do to quite well in the Finals. They won't win it obv.

the cats are by far and away the best in the afl and will probably eclispse the the bombers of early 2000s but if buddy franklin can kick a few more bloody goals and convert those behinds, the hawkers just might have a chance.Cmon you hawks!!!

Franklin's kicking style ensures he's always gonna miss as many as he kicks. The rough with the smooth and all that.

I think this Finals series is gonna throw up a big surprise somewhere. All it takes is for the Cats to have one bad day.

when the grand final?not been to a hawks game for a few months and im in brisvegas at the mo and didnt see the excitement of watching the lions this year?i go back to england on the 28th so i dont think i catch it over here!

[quote author=Ryan link=topic=26436.msg666359#msg666359 date=1220423503]
Franklin's kicking style ensures he's always gonna miss as many as he kicks. The rough with the smooth and all that.

I think this Finals series is gonna throw up a big surprise somewhere. All it takes is for the Cats to have one bad day.
[/quote]
They'll have a second chance.

I'm emigrating to Perth next week. Who will I be supporting? Are they any good? Where's the season up to?

Cheers!

[quote author=Pandabear link=topic=26436.msg666412#msg666412 date=1220430214]
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=26436.msg666359#msg666359 date=1220423503]

[/quote]
They'll have a second chance.
[/quote]

Well obviously, but I was alluding to the Grand Final, etc.

[quote author=LarryHagman link=topic=26436.msg666483#msg666483 date=1220434566]

I'm emigrating to Perth next week. Who will I be supporting? Are they any good? Where's the season up to?

Cheers!

[/quote]

Bad timing Larry.

You've got a choice of the Fremantle Dockers or the West Coast Eagles, who are both shite at the minute. Personally I'd go for the Eagles, as they have less cunts in their list, and have better long-term prospects.

anyone watched any games so far this weekend hawkers breezed thru and great win for the pies from being down early doors

There's a great game going on at the moment between the Swans and the 'Roos. There's been a few dodgy refereeing decisions though.

42-40 to Sydney atm.

looks like the cats are still unstoppable on last nights form against the saints.hawks v cats final must be nailed on cant see anyone making an impact on these two on the way to the grand final!

[quote author=livvy185 link=topic=26436.msg668322#msg668322 date=1220699236]
There's a great game going on at the moment between the Swans and the 'Roos. There's been a few dodgy refereeing decisions though.

42-40 to Sydney atm.
[/quote]

It was actually the worst game of the whole weekend.

Sydney are fucking awful to watch. Very impressive performance from the pies though.

cats v bulldogs and hawks v saints surely it has to be the top two teams !if the hawkers get to the grand final im gonna miss it as ill be stuck on a fucking plane back to blighty!anyone know if i can catch it back home?

I think the Cats will win by about 60. The Dogs are fucking wrecked, and are carrying players over the line.

The Saints could trouble the Hawks if Hawthron play poorly. I hope not though, cos a Hawks Cats Grand Final would be immense.

agreed although for our sake id take the bulldogs id still like to see a decent grand final!chapman still out for cats but they are far too strong at the mo i think we have a couple of doubts as well!gonna try and catch the matches as im at the queensland roar v jets on fri night and im out on the piss sat for the hawkers game so should catch a bit of it depends which bars in brisie have it on

[quote author=Ant link=topic=26436.msg677816#msg677816 date=1221698440]
agreed although for our sake id take the bulldogs id still like to see a decent grand final!chapman still out for cats but they are far too strong at the mo i think we have a couple of doubts as well!gonna try and catch the matches as im at the queensland roar v jets on fri night and im out on the piss sat for the hawkers game so should catch a bit of it depends which bars in brisie have it on
[/quote]

My mate's just signed for the Jets.

is he in the first team obviously there the champs but lost a lot of players last year,whats his name ill keep an eye out for him

[quote author=Ant link=topic=26436.msg677820#msg677820 date=1221698811]
is he in the first team obviously there the champs but lost a lot of players last year,whats his name ill keep an eye out for him
[/quote]

It's Daniel Piorkowski mate. He's well known.

He played in the same team as me last season.

cool mate!ill let you know how he played if ya not watching it on fox etc!what team did you two play for then?

[quote author=Ant link=topic=26436.msg677850#msg677850 date=1221701382]
cool mate!ill let you know how he played if ya not watching it on fox etc!what team did you two play for then?
[/quote]

Whittlesea.

[quote author=Ryan link=topic=26436.msg677854#msg677854 date=1221701479]
[quote author=Ant link=topic=26436.msg677850#msg677850 date=1221701382]
[/quote]

Whittlesea.
[/quote]

The Dirk Kuyt of Whittlesea Zebra's.

Did they renew your contract or give you the arse?

anyone catch the grand final?i know my beloved hawks beat the cats what was the game kile thou etc stuck on plane home so not seen it yet

Back
Top Bottom