• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Finding the right balance

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluebell

Well-Known
You can decide who to sell who buy and who to promote. The net transfer spend is about £100m. Most of all you can change formation and style.
At the moment the Chemistry isn't there and there is an in balance.

What are we using for valuations for players?
Press? I mean whoever you think has been given a value by the press. For example, Nunez sale price according to the press is £85m. Salah if he goes Saudi £80m, but if he goes anywhere else then probably £30m. Jota probably £50-60m. Gomez is £50m+. Alisson £85m, he is only 31 and has at least 5 good years in him. Trent £100m. Konate probably £70m. Diaz £50-60m? Robbo £20m? CJ £40m. Go with what you think is realistic and reasonable.
If we sold Diaz, I don't think we need to look for Diaz replacement. We might be better off getting a 9 like Sesko and moving Nunez to LW or promote Danns to the 9. You decide

Press? I mean whoever you think has been given a value by the press. For example, Nunez sale price according to the press is £85m. Salah if he goes Saudi £80m, but if he goes anywhere else then probably £30m. Jota probably £50-60m. Gomez is £50m+. Alisson £85m, he is only 31 and has at least 5 good years in him. Trent £100m. Konate probably £70m. Diaz £50-60m? Robbo £20m? CJ £40m

Right… so we’re clear then… we can pick imaginary numbers out of our arses to do whatever we want.

Someone… and we all know who… will be selling Salah for £150m and signing Bellingham for £65m or some shite.

What I’d suggest…link it to the value listed in… say Transfermkt - at least it’s a consistent base line that we can all use and nobody can use pretend valuations to fudge figures.

Press? I mean whoever you think has been given a value by the press. For example, Nunez sale price according to the press is £85m. Salah if he goes Saudi £80m, but if he goes anywhere else then probably £30m. Jota probably £50-60m. Gomez is £50m+. Alisson £85m, he is only 31 and has at least 5 good years in him. Trent £100m. Konate probably £70m. Diaz £50-60m? Robbo £20m? CJ £40m. Go with what you think is realistic and reasonable.
If we sold Diaz, I don't think we need to look for Diaz replacement. We might be better off getting a 9 like Sesko and moving Nunez to LW or promote Danns to the 9. You decide
Realistic and reasonable? These figures are insane.

Get a random forumite that everyone loves and trusts to be the final arbiter of all player prices, on a no-speaking valuation basis. No appeals.

Some people on here think Michael Edwards is the Messiah. He's in charge now. And if he IS the Messiah, Bluebell's numbers are probably on the low side 😉 .

More seriously, it's really hard to tell from one summer to another what the going rate for players is going to be, and there's the uncertainty of the Saudi factor this year, although I reckon they will have a better sense of value now and won't pay the kind of money they did last year. But we need to see a few deals go through to get an idea of where the market is. In fairness, that is an area where Edwards was astute historically. If he sensed the market was going to drive prices up then he tended to try to do business early before everyone cottoned on. He's usually quite good at detecting which way the wind is blowing.

Being the first season where we've seen points deductions for FFP things, it makes me thing this summer is going to be very very light on big money transfers for most of the league; only the larger sides will invest heavily

Realistic and reasonable? These figures are insane.
My figures are insane? Palace asked Byern for £85m to release their manager. Openda after 1 good season is now touted to be worth €100m.. The Saudis are still looking and probably will pay a decent sum for Salah. Use what ever figures you feel are justified, but lets see some solutions

Some people on here think Michael Edwards is the Messiah. He's in charge now. And if he IS the Messiah, Bluebell's numbers are probably on the low side 😉 .

More seriously, it's really hard to tell from one summer to another what the going rate for players is going to be, and there's the uncertainty of the Saudi factor this year, although I reckon they will have a better sense of value now and won't pay the kind of money they did last year. But we need to see a few deals go through to get an idea of where the market is. In fairness, that is an area where Edwards was astute historically. If he sensed the market was going to drive prices up then he tended to try to do business early before everyone cottoned on. He's usually quite good at detecting which way the wind is blowing.
After the way, the Saudi league has panned out do you think players will be interested in moving there. I guess money always talks.

Right… so we’re clear then… we can pick imaginary numbers out of our arses to do whatever we want.

Someone… and we all know who… will be selling Salah for £150m and signing Bellingham for £65m or some shite.

What I’d suggest…link it to the value listed in… say Transfermkt - at least it’s a consistent base line that we can all use and nobody can use pretend valuations to fudge figures.
You use what ever reference points you want to come up with for player valuations.. The situation is how do we address the imbalance? You want to sell Nunez, fine, do you promote Danns? Diaz looks like he has been twerking his ass for Barca, would you sell him? Are you still on for keeping Salah even if it means he runs down his contract? Trent looks like he doesn't want to do as much running, keep him inverted, play him in MF or tell him he is a RB and he has to play like one?

After the way, the Saudi league has panned out do you think players will be interested in moving there. I guess money always talks.
I can see players near the end of their careers giving it serious thought, but if they're not talking to some of the guys already out there then they are idiots.
I'd be more interested to see who leaves the Saudi league this summer, rather than who goes there.
And incidentally, the Guardian reckons Saudi clubs still have their eyes on Mo and fancy a bit of Alisson as well.

You use what ever reference points you want to come up with for player valuations.. The situation is how do we address the imbalance? You want to sell Nunez, fine, do you promote Danns? Diaz looks like he has been twerking his ass for Barca, would you sell him? Are you still on for keeping Salah even if it means he runs down his contract? Trent looks like he doesn't want to do as much running, keep him inverted, play him in MF or tell him he is a RB and he has to play like one?

So basically, one of those 'God mode' / 'Make a Wish' thread? Or are we talking about outgoings only?

Here my buys
Frimpong (he is classed as homegrown) (£40m)
Quentin Timbers number 8 role (£30m)
Matt Weifer (£40m)
Inacio (£60m)

Promotion to first team
Danns
VdB
Bradley
Spanish Steve

Gone
Matip,
Thiago
Adrian

Sold
Tsimikas (£15m)
Diaz (£70m)
Endo (£20m)

1 out 1 in
If Salah or Nunez leave then Sesko

Move Trent to MF, play 2 upfront like the old days, and learn to close shop when there is a 2 goal difference, no high lines. Klopp's old team use to hit teams in the first 20mins to get a goal

so diaz is in the top 3 minutes played this season, even with his dad being kidnapped. are you not replacing him?

ah i read further, 2 up top. is this how slot sets up?
We have lots of wide players, if he gets Frimpong that's another wide player. Gakpo and Nunez can play LW and Jota, and Nunez can play a 9. Salah would used as a second striker.
You can disagree with me and come up with personnel and formation that you think will win us a league or at least challenge

Here my buys
Frimpong (he is classed as homegrown) (£40m)
Quentin Timbers number 8 role (£30m)
Matt Weifer (£40m)
Inacio (£60m)

Promotion to first team
Danns
VdB
Bradley
Spanish Steve

Gone
Matip,
Thiago
Adrian

Sold
Tsimikas (£15m)
Diaz (£70m)
Endo (£20m)

1 out 1 in
If Salah or Nunez leave then Sesko

Move Trent to MF, play 2 upfront like the old days, and learn to close shop when there is a 2 goal difference, no high lines. Klopp's old team use to hit teams in the first 20mins to get a goal
So a midfield squad of Endo, Mac Alister, Szoboslai, Elliot, Jones, Gravy, Timber, Wiefer, Spanish Steve, Trent (10). Not to mention a couple fo other youngsters knocking on the door. Sure we have enough?

So a midfield squad of Endo, Mac Alister, Szoboslai, Elliot, Jones, Gravy, Timber, Wiefer, Spanish Steve, Trent (10). Not to mention a couple fo other youngsters knocking on the door. Sure we have enough?
I sold Endo. Bradley and Morton would go out on loan to a prem or Bunderliga team. So who else are you gonna promote? There's Fabio, I would see how he does preseason to decide his fate.
Honestly though, I would love to sell Jota but I've made lots of changes.
I would like to see your plan.

We have lots of wide players, if he gets Frimpong that's another wide player. Gakpo and Nunez can play LW and Jota, and Nunez can play a 9. Salah would used as a second striker.
You can disagree with me and come up with personnel and formation that you think will win us a league or at least challenge

if frimpong was left footed i’d be all for him

my take is that fullbacks who are tireless runners with at least some pace and crossing ability are essential, so a new LB is a must. Perhaps Robinson at fulham, perhaps some random that Slot is familiar with.

some people on here are very sensitive about endo but i think we can all agree that time waits for no man and we need to be looking for someone new that runs a lot and has longevity over a season in DM. Wieffer is the obvious option here.

i’ve lost interest in darwin to be honest, Gakpo can play there unless we find an interesting option

i’ve shoehorned trent in there, i’m not sure what’s to come from him. my expectations are low but it needs to be given a chance. if this doesn’t work, Szob to 10, Mac into trent’s position and one of the other forwards can come in.

konate also given the asterisk of death because he has been injured a lot and crap upon his return a lot. i hope we’re shopping for an indestructible cb who can play either side. not sure about options here but we could go for someone like Tosin for free to at least replace Matips body in the squad.

NotDarwin
Diaz Mac Szob
newDM Trent*
newLB virgil konate* bradley
Ali

I’d sell Mo if a reasonable offer came in to cover most be the above, then look for something exciting in attack with whatever cash is left.

oh i’d definitely sell darwin too but i don’t see an acceptable offer coming in

I sold Endo. Bradley and Morton would go out on loan to a prem or Bunderliga team. So who else are you gonna promote? There's Fabio, I would see how he does preseason to decide his fate.
Honestly though, I would love to sell Jota but I've made lots of changes.
I would like to see your plan.
I don't have a plan; I leave that to people who know what they're doing.

If I did have a plan it would probably be keep everyone we have, as I always believe everyone is either going to remain good or is about to come good. So you see what I mean about "people who know what they're doing" ...

Ooops - forgot I had actually already posted my plan. Pay attention

If I was in charge, I'd get the £100M in used fivers, spread it out on the dressing room floor, and roll around naked on it.

Obviously

Nobody uses Transfermarkt. If we could actually buy at the valuations they give we'd be able to buy a completely new world class team this summer!

Nobody uses Transfermarkt. If we could actually buy at the valuations they give we'd be able to buy a completely new world class team this summer!

The point was not about the accuracy of Transmarkt but of consistency of source, and not using whatever number appears in a specific newspaper or pops into the head of one of the more “excitable” posters.

We’re already seeing it in the Gordon thread where the highest value is being quoted for Diaz vs the lowest for Gordon, so that they’re close together.

Even with the current squad, ithink this formation could work better,

Bradley-----Konate----VVD-----Robbo

------------Trent--------Endo----------

-------------------Ali Mac---------------

----------------Dom------------------------

--------Salah-----------Jota-----------------

Slot won't play this formation ofcourse as he likes his wingers. However, he does play with a double pivot, and allowing Trent in MF to play in the double pivot a with a CDM could give the back 4 more cover and allow Trent to be that deep lying playmaker

Even with the current squad, ithink this formation could work better,

Bradley-----Konate----VVD-----Robbo

------------Trent--------Endo----------

-------------------Ali Mac---------------

----------------Dom------------------------

--------Salah-----------Jota-----------------

Slot won't play this formation ofcourse as he likes his wingers. However, he does play with a double pivot, and allowing Trent in MF to play in the double pivot a with a CDM could give the back 4 more cover and allow Trent to be that deep lying playmaker

You named this thread "Finding the right Balance" and now you're proposing a
4-2-1-1-2 formation with no wide players?

Fuck me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom