• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • Repeating an offer I made a while ago. If anyone wants me to change their username then just DM me (@Dee)

Finding the right balance

Even with the current squad, ithink this formation could work better,

Bradley-----Konate----VVD-----Robbo

------------Trent--------Endo----------

-------------------Ali Mac---------------

----------------Dom------------------------

--------Salah-----------Jota-----------------

Slot won't play this formation ofcourse as he likes his wingers. However, he does play with a double pivot, and allowing Trent in MF to play in the double pivot a with a CDM could give the back 4 more cover and allow Trent to be that deep lying playmaker
Playing Becker next to Macca is a stroke of genius and it might just work

What does Trent do? I wouldn't know... I'm not the one who's stuck him next to Endo in a double pivot.
He likes to make that occasional darting run outwide and chip in a cross. By all means critique it but also suggest an alternative formation

Even with the current squad, ithink this formation could work better,

Bradley-----Konate----VVD-----Robbo

------------Trent--------Endo----------

-------------------Ali Mac---------------

----------------Dom------------------------

--------Salah-----------Jota-----------------

Slot won't play this formation ofcourse as he likes his wingers. However, he does play with a double pivot, and allowing Trent in MF to play in the double pivot a with a CDM could give the back 4 more cover and allow Trent to be that deep lying playmaker

Where’s the width in that formation

He likes to make that occasional darting run outwide and chip in a cross. By all means critique it but also suggest an alternative formation

Well, Slot plays 4231 or 433, the latter being similar to our current set up.

It’s not fucking hard to envision it thereafter.

However, you’re missing the point of Slot - it’s not going to be about direct rapid progression up to the forwards - we’ll move the ball fast, but with short, sharp passing and then retain possession.

Klopp’s high risk / high reward strategy gets replaced and we’ll start to look and play more like Arsenal or City.

Back
Top Bottom