• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Gary Rents Boys on Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skirted injured apparently. Carragher rumoured to be the replacement. Not good if true.

I think Carra might be playing himself into a bit of form. For some reason, I've got this feeling that he has one more decent spell left in him before he drops out of the manager's thoughts altogether. A swan song if you will. I hope so anyway. He certainly deserves it.

This could be painful.

I'd go for:

------------------- Jones -----------------

Johnson --- Skrtel --- Agger --- Enrique

------ Allen ------ Gerrard --- Shelvey

---- Suso -------------------------------- Sterling

----------------- Suarez ---------------

Wisdom needs taken out of the firing line. Shelvey's been a bit disappointing lately but i'd still put him in to add a bit of presence to the midfield. Other than that, the team picks itself.

Hope to fuck we're not gonna be disgraced.

That team minus shelvey who's dogshit for the last month or so, and I'd swap assaidi in for suso

I wouldn't go bandying possession stats around but there's no doubt we've been kicking it long more since Jones came in. I think Jones has been given more license to do that because Rodgers doesn't trust him with the ball at his feet. We could argue all day about how irrelevant that is in tbe grand scheme of things but for the style of football we're trying to play, Pepe is clearly better suited. And as a defender, if you asked me who I'd rather play in front of, it would overwhelmingly be Pepe, and I dare say the vast majority of professionals would agree with me.

Tony Barrett sounds a wee bit peeved:

Tony Barrett
Published at 12:01AM, November 10 2012

“Judge me after ten games.” With those words, Roy Hodgson damned himself to an unflattering appraisal of his opening months as Liverpool manager, from which he never recovered.
Brendan Rodgers never committed himself to such an early assessment and his refusal to do so appears particularly shrewd in the wake of his record being marginally worse than Hodgson’s over a similar period.
In the ten Barclays Premier League games that Liverpool have played this season, they have won only two, giving them one point fewer than Hodgson achieved in 2010-11.
By that stage of his Liverpool career, the England manager had already fallen foul of the Kop. It is the treatment of Hodgson that makes the emphatic support that Rodgers continues to receive all the more striking.
Rodgers recognises that the time is rapidly approaching when he will be judged on results rather than potential or possession. “This is the business we are in,” he said. “The performance levels have been good and we have to keep moving forward.
“I have got so much respect for the supporters because it must be frustrating for them, considering what they have had in the past at this club and where we are at. But I also believe we cannot keep everything in our rear-view mirror.”
The feeling persists that Rodgers is the first Liverpool manager of the modern era to benefit from the lowering of expectations. Rafael Benítez and all who preceded him post-Bill Shankly were expected to win the Premier League; Hodgson and Kenny Dalglish were expected to guide them into the top four. Rodgers? He has merely been tasked with improving on the eighth-place finish of last season by Fenway Sports Group, the owner, which has made it clear that cup football should not distract him from that challenge.
Another key difference from Hodgson’s ill-fated tenure lies in the style of football that Rodgers wants Liverpool to play, in keeping with the club’s pass-and-move traditions.
More than anything else, it was Hodgson’s rudimentary approach that lost him support, but, given Rodgers’s fundamental commitment to possession, there is no chance of him going down the same road.
The likelihood is, though, that the time for a more critical judgment of Rodgers is approaching. Already there have been murmurings among former players and managers of a lack of variety in Liverpool’s play and the need for the club to return to the pragmatism that laid the platform for their glory years.
One former player used an anecdote to illustrate that it never mattered how Liverpool won, so long as they did. Everton and Manchester United played friendly matches against Tranmere Rovers in the early Eighties to help to raise funds for the cash-strapped Merseyside club. Both tried to play a passing game on a mudbath of a pitch at Prenton Park and lost.
By contrast, Graeme Souness, the Liverpool captain, took one look at the state of the playing surface and ordered his team-mates to play it long instead. Liverpool’s possession statistics plummeted, but they won 3-1. It is that kind of streetwise pragmatism that Liverpool have lacked more than anything under Rodgers.
Tomorrow, Chelsea will become Rodgers’s eleventh league opponents, against whom Hodgson reached the same landmark. Even under a manager who was not long for the job, Liverpool managed to win — albeit at Anfield.
A repeat of that result would be the most positive indication that future statistical comparisons with Hodgson will be more flattering to Rodgers.

Can't you read? Seriously, what the hell is your problem? It's an article. Read it or ignore it.

Where is the Skrtel news from? Cant find it and he's in the team that was just posted on another site

I think we'll get a draw and be lucky to get it. We'll always have a chance once that head banger David Liuz is on the field. I can empathise with what Barrett is saying. I think the game against Anzhi the other night was primed in the latter stages for someone like Carrol to come on. A different option. I think Rodgers biggest threat to his job is his philosophy. I appreciate what he's trying to do and hopefully it will come together soon but If we get hammerd today the knives will be out.

They will, but the constant comparisons with Hodgson are nauseating, Hodgson had us playing with no direction or style, just a complete lack of cohesion. That's the difference, you can see where we are going and what's missing. It's not rocket science, but people continue to try to beat him with the same stick.

They always come out when we lose though. And I expect us to lose today.
There is so much attacking talent in that Chelsea side that we're bound to concede a few goals, and our own goalscoring issues will probably come back to haunt us again.

Obvs hope I wrong.

Let's just keep Rodgers, that should set us up nicely to win the league next year!

I tend to give up on managers after 10 games though, so I think he's shown all he's about - fuck him off. We should have done this with Daglish last year, and we'd have saved ourselves a miserable season!

I tend to give up on managers after 10 games though, so I think he's shown all he's about - fuck him off. We should have done this with Daglish last year, and we'd have saved ourselves a miserable season!

Arf.The hypocrisy on here is painfully transparent.

Nah, he won't score.

They'll win comfortably, but he won't score

Back off Einstein. We would have missed out on those Wembley trips and a cup win!

I know, I was in the same boat as you were last year ... you should really be in mine (free drinks AND sushi!)

As for today's game, is this taking it too far?

fernando-torres-saville.png

I wish we had an unlike button.

Seeing as we don't, I am gonna go find old posts of every one of the cunts saying we will lose which I have liked in the past, and unlike them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom