• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Gerrard to Saudi Arabia

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly don't care. We can act all high and mighty, but when the PL approved the Newcastle take over that was that.

Football is a business now, whether you like it or not and it's gonna get worse.

The way certain clubs are dominating their respective domestic leagues, it's a question of when and not if a "Super League" will be created and the players will always follow the money.

It’s Always been a business Modo. No issue with that. But countries owning clubs and this is all about sports washing the Saudi name ahead of a World Cup bid to cover all their human rights abuses, awfulness towards women and so on.

But look it’s just a few moaners like me. They don’t have to worry about.

It’s just a long way from the romance of the game that I’ve had for 46+ years

It’s Always been a business Modo. No issue with that. But countries owning clubs and this is all about sports washing the Saudi name ahead of a World Cup bid to cover all their human rights abuses, awfulness towards women and so on.

But look it’s just a few moaners like me. They don’t have to worry about.

It’s just a long way from the romance of the game that I’ve had for 46+ years

I'm with you on this. I hate seeing this happen to the game I love, but I don't see how we're able to stop this development.

They should be amigo. But he’s helping politics and sports be entirely intertwined be lending his name to a sportswashing affair.

I thought Liverpool fans were a bit more aware than the Ethiad-ers up the road?

I mean it’s not like he needs the money. You or me making that decision is one thing. He’s already secured his family’s financial future

Bit of a stain on his name now for me at least
A single generation could piss that future away. This will secure the next 10 generations future.

Kinda think we'd let Hendo decide and pretty much accept a reasonable fee. I mean we accepted £30 mill for Mane.

We did well to get that from Bayern in the end, not sure we will get the additional 5m based on how he performed last season though…

It's not like I don't agree but you know Klopp.
Also what's up with this Matip hate.
We're short on decent CB's as is.
Gomez is a lot worse than Matip.

The argument against Matip is that he’s injury-prone and too slow to cover the ground like Konate does. Gomez fits the profile on paper, but his real-world performances have not been good enough. Both need replacing.

The argument against Matip is that he’s injury-prone and too slow to cover the ground like Konate does. Gomez fits the profile on paper, but his real-world performances have not been good enough. Both need replacing.
In an ideal world yes, but I don't see us buying two CB's.
Also Matip has always been slow. It's nothing new. I think he'd look OK if he didn't have to cover for Trent all the time.

Also Matip has always been slow. It's nothing new. I think he'd look OK if he didn't have to cover for Trent all the time.

Well, I didn’t expect us to sign 3 first team ready midfielders, but here we are. Anything is possible in a world where Schmadke stole John Henry’s credit card…

Well, I didn’t expect us to sign 3 first team ready midfielders, but here we are. Anything is possible in a world where Schmadke stole John Henry’s credit card…
Three? I count two...have I missed something?
Although you do have a point

People have short term memories and he was pretty poor last season when he did play, covering for Trent or not.

Now we know the real reason Stevie accepted the Saudi offer…to help us by prizing away our fodders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom