• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Gerrard to Saudi Arabia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys its a bit worrying, if we lose Hendo, and Thiago this window. We need some experience in that midfield area when called upon. All our signings seem to be under 25, and to be hinest I think VVD is a fucking shit captain.

Bit gutted, was hoping he’d coach a team like Leeds, thrive and do brilliant like he did at Rangers for a sustained period of time, then come to LFC in the future.

Hard to see that happening now.

Bit gutted, was hoping he’d coach a team like Leeds, thrive and do brilliant like he did at Rangers for a sustained period of time, then come to LFC in the future.

Hard to see that happening now.

It’s for the best - he should have taken Souness old seat at Sky & got stuck into Roy Keane.

Very easy money given they are a midtable side and there are much bigger teams in the likes of Al Ittihad, Al Nassr and Al Hilal. As long as they don't flirt with relegation, he's got a stable job.

View attachment 2775

Looking at that manager overview he can enjoy being there for a year before he gets sacked.

Guys its a bit worrying, if we lose Hendo, and Thiago this window. We need some experience in that midfield area when called upon. All our signings seem to be under 25, and to be hinest I think VVD is a fucking shit captain.

This is a good and legitimate question and maybe merits its own thread. I think even with Milner, Hendo and Thiago gone, we still have enough experience and leadership in the group between Robbo, Van Dijk, Salah, Alisson and Fabinho. We’ve added MacAllister who is a natural leader, Szoboszlai who is already a Hungary captain and the likes of Gakpo, Konate and Trent look ready to take responsibility on their shoulders if you allow them. Maybe it’s time to cull some old branches to make room for the new growth.

Last edited:
I do feel Trent could step in to the role as well. He's popular and commands respect amongst the team, does a lot outside of the club. If given the responsibility I think he could run with it well

Kinda think we'd let Hendo decide and pretty much accept a reasonable fee. I mean we accepted £30 mill for Mane.

For me I'm on board with this. To be honest, I don't want him to go unless it's for a stupid fee. He deserved as much of a send off as bobby and milner got (if not muc more), and it'd be a crying shame if he didn't get it.

I do feel Trent could step in to the role as well. He's popular and commands respect amongst the team, does a lot outside of the club. If given the responsibility I think he could run with it well
Agreed I think Trent would make a great captain

Kinda think we'd let Hendo decide and pretty much accept a reasonable fee. I mean we accepted £30 mill for Mane.

Mane had one year left on his deal and informed Klopp that he wanted to leave. After he said that he wanted to join Bayern our hands were tied in regards to a fee.

Mane had one year left on his deal and informed Klopp that he wanted to leave. After he said that he wanted to join Bayern our hands were tied in regards to a fee.
True and it's a damn shame we let his contract run out like that considering how much Spurs are asking for Kane.

Anyway, I'd be very surprised if he's sold. I think Hendo is looking to finish his England career with the Euro's next summer. Going to Saudi Arabia or whatever would definitely end his chances of being part of the squad.
At the same time, can he really expect to be in the starting XI with our two new midfield signings?

Money aside because that's all they have to offer but I hope all these players love living in such a shit hole with shit stadiums and male supporters all wearing white. It's a fucking farce the whole thing.

At least at this stage, a player moving to Saudi Arabia would be like moving to a retirement home and collecting a massive pension. I would be surprised if Henderson is ready to do that, and the only way it will happen is if he absolutely wants to.

From our point of view, it wouldn't be ideal to lose so many experienced midfielders at the same time. Yes, we have two new midfielders, and might well see one or even two more, but I wouldn't be expecting them to all start together straight away. It will take a bit of time. Unfortunately, if you have a slow start in the Premier League then your season is pretty much over, and you are more likely to have a slow start if you are waiting for your new signings to click.

I wouldn't expect Henderson to play that many full games next season, because he wasn't even doing so last season, but I would expect him to play a part in the majority of games, especially in the first half of the season.

Money aside because that's all they have to offer but I hope all these players love living in such a shit hole with shit stadiums and male supporters all wearing white. It's a fucking farce the whole thing.

They probably love the life tbh, I can imagine European foreigners that travel or live there are treated like royalty especially the super rich, sadly.

With the new midfield the only one older one I'd want to keep is Henderson, for his brilliant leadership skills.

But that won't bother FSG if they're being offered Saudi bubble cash on their rapidly depreciating asset.

They probably love the life tbh, I can imagine European foreigners that travel or live there are treated like royalty especially the super rich, sadly.

Without a doubt. But they are footballers(mostly thick cunts) living in a medieval kip. It'll end in tears.

Hendo's influence on the pitch might be waning but it is worth bearing in mind that he was completely overworked last season which will have been partly the cause for that,
His influence elsewhere will be as vital as ever and with the loss of the leadership of Milner already, I feel it would be a grave mistake to let Hendo leave and
I would be surprised if it is something he wants to do right now

I doubt they would see much of Saudi Arabia beyond their huge, luxury, purpose-build communities.

Isn't football normally played in front of like 85% men?
I don't know about shit stadiums, they look pretty modern, but it seems like most have that running track around the pitch which takes away from the atmosphere.

At least at this stage, a player moving to Saudi Arabia would be like moving to a retirement home and collecting a massive pension. I would be surprised if Henderson is ready to do that, and the only way it will happen is if he absolutely wants to.

From our point of view, it wouldn't be ideal to lose so many experienced midfielders at the same time. Yes, we have two new midfielders, and might well see one or even two more, but I wouldn't be expecting them to all start together straight away. It will take a bit of time. Unfortunately, if you have a slow start in the Premier League then your season is pretty much over, and you are more likely to have a slow start if you are waiting for your new signings to click.

I wouldn't expect Henderson to play that many full games next season, because he wasn't even doing so last season, but I would expect him to play a part in the majority of games, especially in the first half of the season.

The goalposts shifted when Ruben Neves moved in all honesty. Now it seems everyone will move. Henderson doesnt strike me as a person that would move at this stage of his career though. Maybe a year or two when he's close to retiring.

I’d imagine Hendo would be prepared to wait a year or maybe 2 and go on a free to Saudi - particularly if he fancies an international swan song at the Euro’s.

He also strikes me as the kind of guy that would want to play a part building a new leadership team before handing the keys over.

How's Women's Soccer out there?

I’d imagine Hendo would be prepared to wait a year or maybe 2 and go on a free to Saudi - particularly if he fancies an international swan song at the Euro’s.

He also strikes me as the kind of guy that would want to play a part building a new leadership team before handing the keys over.

This, then a season with Sunderland and a year in a league making money from beheaders.

I will be very surprised if Hendo agrees for the move with Euro 2024 in sight. By the way, I also think, if Hendo wants to prolong his club career, he should be retiring from international football. Take a look at Milner. Also, don't think Hendo is physically as robust as Milner and relies a lot more on his energy than Milner. So it is even more critical for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom