• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Happy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreambeliever

From Doubter to Believer (to doubter again)
Cover for left back
Top class CMer who’ll dictate play
Big step up from Origi/Shaq off the bench cover for the front 3

Not a bad window for a summer where we weren’t going to have any transfers.

I’m happy considering Covid.

Jimenez would top it off but overall very happy.

Yeah, that's what I wanted at the end of last season: cover for left back, top quality cover for the front 3, can never complain when a world class midfielder comes in. Ideally we'll sign CB cover, too, but today has been a good day.

Jota is impressive every time I see him, really hard worker and strong finisher. I know everything points to Thiago being an amazing signing but Morientes has left me with a fear of 29 year old Spaniards coming to England for the first time.

Jota is impressive every time I see him, really hard worker and strong finisher. I know everything points to Thiago being an amazing signing but Morientes has left me with a fear of 29 year old Spaniards coming to England for the first time.

Certainly a possibility but very different circumstance bar the 29 year old Spainish bit.

Bars a lot lower for Jota too.

I feel like he’ll be superb. He’ll score Sunday if he comes off the bench.

Certainly a possibility but very different circumstance bar the 29 year old Spainish bit.

Bars a lot lower for Jota too.

I feel like he’ll be superb. He’ll score Sunday if he comes off the bench.

There's also the klopp factor, he rarely doesn't get the best from players.

We've plugged 3 major holes in the squad.

And yet somehow I feel we'll still have people moaning on here.

If Covid wasn't a thing, we'd have probably spent more, and sooner.

Like I said last week, the window isn't closed yet. We could still drop some of the deadwood around the squad and sign one or two more.

If we don't, I'm still happy with the squad. We've got a strong first team, and a respectable 2nd team (with quite a few first teamers in that)

Alisson
Usual 4
Thiago
Gini
Hendo
Front 3.

==

Adrian
Neco Matip Fab Tskimikas
Jones
Keita
AOC
Jota
Minamino
Origi/Shaq/Elliot/Brewster
==

There was a post on RedCafe that someone linked to the other day suggesting that we under promise and over deliver.

I think that does sum this window up quite well.

I’m happy but a large part of that is down to the fact that a day or two ago it looked like we were getting no-one.

The 3 new signings along with a nice recent show of form from Keita give me a lot more confidence in us retaining the league. I was quite nervous about the same old same old, even it was only Bobby Mo and Sadio.

Diego Jota is not my dream signing, however, if the club is willing to go and pay £43m for him there must be something they see that most us don't.

Like I said last week, the window isn't closed yet. We could still drop some of the deadwood around the squad and sign one or two more.

If we don't, I'm still happy with the squad. We've got a strong first team, and a respectable 2nd team (with quite a few first teamers in that)

Alisson
Usual 4
Thiago
Gini
Hendo
Front 3.

==

Adrian
Neco Matip Fab Tskimikas
Jones
Keita
AOC
Jota
Minamino
==

Our constant moaning and negativity is what filters out into the world, and eventually finds it ways to the counter party of both our ingoing and outgoing transfers, they subsequently believe we are on the brink of liquidation, and we get charged favourable fees as a result. If you non-moaning people had it your way, talking us up and revealing our hand to the entire world, the transfer window would have ended up like the scum's one. A modicum of gratitude would not be out of line.

If Jota is as seemingly a done deal as suggested, then the only thing needed to take me from very happy to delighted would be centre back cover.

I'm guessing the idea is that Fabs can cover there, or even that the young lad Koumetio might be able to step up, but with Gomez and Matip's injury records, that notion makes me slightly nervous

Yeah, I know nothing about him, but after raising eyebrows at some previous signings and being proved totally wrong if we're getting him I'm happy to place faith in the recruitment team and say that this window is nigh-on perfect.

Werner would've been nice, but Covid eh? *shrugs*

I thought we were signing that Brazilian kid? Plus whatever happened to that lanky Irish lad?
I think the Brazilian kid is literally a kid isn't he? Like 16? Or have I remembered that wrong?

Kelleher is still on the books, he's only 21, so don't see him being ready for the first team even as backup, the old adage "If you're good enough you're old enough" doesn't apply to CB's & GK's cos IMO more than half their ability to perform adequately is due to experience rather than just talent.

I think someone, maybe Macca, said that Kelleher will be sent out on loan if Karius stays while he will be third choice if Karius leaves.
All going to plan he will replace Adrian as second choice next season.

Yeah, Carragher was complete shit and basically talentless. He just played through the abuse until he became good enough
He didn't play at CB to start with though, he did his dues & got his experience at full back.

Almost every young CB at a side at the top level that I can remember gets a year or two at full back for the same reason I gave.

Alisson
Usual 4
Thiago
Gini
Hendo
Front 3.

==

Adrian
Neco Matip Fab Tskimikas
Jones
Keita
AOC
Jota
Minamino
==
Haha as if Fabinho isn't first XI!

........... Fabinho

... Thiago.............+1

A year ago, I thought our midfield was our weakest area of the pitch, now it feels like one of the strongest, so yeah, pretty happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom