• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Hatton Vs Pacquiao

[quote author=Dahuge link=topic=32633.msg856227#msg856227 date=1241099193]
deffo a tough fight to predict, but wouldn't the longer it went on help Hatton?

His size and strength would have more of an effect on manny...

personally I don't know who will win, I think it will be close and if it goes long then Hatton amy well prevail.
[/quote]

IMHO the answer to your first question is "no". Hatton's the one with more weight to carry, and the heavier fighter is usually the one to suffer more from increasing tiredness as a fight goes on. Of course Pacquiao will be affected as well, but the effect on Hatton ought to be the greater.

It's certainly a tough one to predict, and if Hatton can draw Pacquiao into a brawl in the first half of the fight I'd expect him to knock Pacquiao out. Nor am I saying that defo couldn't happen later in the fight. I hope Hatton wins, but if I were a betting man that isn't where my money would go.

[quote author=Judge Jules link=topic=32633.msg856250#msg856250 date=1241103169]
[quote author=Dahuge link=topic=32633.msg856227#msg856227 date=1241099193]
deffo a tough fight to predict, but wouldn't the longer it went on help Hatton?

His size and strength would have more of an effect on manny...

personally I don't know who will win, I think it will be close and if it goes long then Hatton amy well prevail.
[/quote]

IMHO the answer to your first question is "no". Hatton's the one with more weight to carry, and the heavier fighter is usually the one to suffer more from increasing tiredness as a fight goes on. Of course Pacquiao will be affected as well, but the effect on Hatton ought to be the greater.

It's certainly a tough one to predict, and if Hatton can draw Pacquiao into a brawl in the first half of the fight I'd expect him to knock Pacquiao out. Nor am I saying that defo couldn't happen later in the fight. I hope Hatton wins, but if I were a betting man that isn't where my money would go.
[/quote]

I understand what you are saying but Hattons weight will be natural therefore soemthing he is used to carrying whereas manny with be carrying extra weight he isn't used too, this may then tire him out quicker especially if he is getting some smack around the gut.

It'll be a goodun no matter what.

This should be a classic.

I think Hatton has a good chance of an upset so long as hes learnt how to combat a southpaw. I remember him getting a fortunate decision against southpaw Colazo some time ago and he must have learned from this fight.

Pacquiao is class. Speed and accuracy. His fight vs De La Hoya was a master class but i think DLH fought at a stupid weight for him. He was less than Manny ffs. Must have been an empty shell whereas Hatton is going to be at his ideal weight and strong for it.

I really don't think its the foregone conclusion the bookmakers have it in Mannys favour. If Hatton puts on a performance and lands some body punches then he could hurt Pacquiao as he will never have been hit by someone as hard as Hatton.

Really looking forward to it.

I hope Pacquiao wipes the floor with Hatton. Don't see it really, but having been to the Philippines a few times now, they are proper boxing fans, not the Engerland assholes who will be making Vegas that almost impossible little bit worse.

huh? You're hoping Hatton loses because of the fans? Uh, ok.

Would you prefer his supporters to turn up in suits and pocketwatches, shout bravo and well done old boy in a faux posh accent?

These are the same people that may support liverpool by the way. Maybe they should just get fat, turn up with white tube socks, shorts, caps, oakley's and trainers shouting you the man.

Hatton ftw.

[quote author=Rouge Penguin link=topic=32633.msg857105#msg857105 date=1241253282]

Would you prefer his supporters to turn up in suits and pocketwatches, shout bravo and well done old boy in a faux posh accent?

These are the same people that may support liverpool by the way. Maybe they should just get fat, turn up with white tube socks, shorts, caps, oakley's and trainers shouting you the man.

Hatton ftw.
[/quote]

TBF Rouge mate, a large majority of the Hatton travelling fans you see on the telly do look like chavs, typically the chavs that follow England.

[quote author=Rouge Penguin link=topic=32633.msg857105#msg857105 date=1241253282]

Hatton ftw.
[/quote]

I'm well aware of who supports liverpool, and thank fuck when you get a crowd of them together it doesn't look/behave like traveling Hatton fans. My Uruguayan friend is a big boxing fan and got called a Paki by a gang of fucking retards at the Malignaggi fight.

It isn't just that, I dislike Hatton, I dislike his boxing style, and I know this will mean more to the Philippines than it would to England. They are absolutely boxing crazy, and with all their flyweight etc success, it'd be nice to see have a consistent winner on the biggest stage. It would mean so much more to them. They replay their championship winning fights on loops on late night tv time after time after time. You could have a Pacman president, honestly. Plus regardless of form and expectation, I think Pacquiao is an underdog in this weight class.

[quote author=Farkmaster link=topic=32633.msg857289#msg857289 date=1241278824]

Hatton ftw.
[/quote]

I'm well aware of who supports liverpool, and thank fuck when you get a crowd of them together it doesn't look/behave like traveling Hatton fans. My Uruguayan friend is a big boxing fan and got called a Paki by a gang of fucking retards at the Malignaggi fight.

It isn't just that, I dislike Hatton, I dislike his boxing style, and I know this will mean more to the Philippines than it would to England. They are absolutely boxing crazy, and with all their flyweight etc success, it'd be nice to see have a consistent winner on the biggest stage. It would mean so much more to them. They replay their championship winning fights on loops on late night tv time after time after time. You could have a Pacman president, honestly. Plus regardless of form and expectation, I think Pacquiao is an underdog in this weight class.
[/quote]

I'm from the Philippines but we'd still trade a Pacman victory/victories for Liverpool to win #19. every time. :)

[quote author=cpt.fauxpas link=topic=32633.msg857498#msg857498 date=1241308036]
[quote author=Farkmaster link=topic=32633.msg857289#msg857289 date=1241278824]

Hatton ftw.
[/quote]

[/quote]

I'm from the Philippines but we'd still trade a Pacman victory/victories for Liverpool to win #19. every time. :)
[/quote]

I think you are definitely in the minority. The correct minority. Actually, I haven't yet met many Philipinos who are into football, most prefer boxing and basketball. Are the people at my work just awful human beings?

[quote author=red_maradona link=topic=32633.msg857524#msg857524 date=1241318334]
streams please anyone, the one posted before is not working, please?
[/quote]

refresh.

[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=32633.msg857532#msg857532 date=1241320114]
What odds on the English booing the other national anthem?
[/quote]

Do they usually do that?

The main fight is coming up.

[quote author=IGotALuvlyBunchOfCoconuts link=topic=32633.msg857534#msg857534 date=1241320268]
[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=32633.msg857532#msg857532 date=1241320114]
What odds on the English booing the other national anthem?
[/quote]

Do they usually do that?
[/quote]

Yes.

Well, HBO's Jim Lampley has just said if Hatton were to win, it would be an upset. Personally, there's no difference between them. Pacquiao has amazing speed, adaptability of stances, good movement whilst Hatton is possibly a lot more defensive sound (now), better on the inside and delivers a better body shot.

I guess with Manny being southpaw Ricky needs to watch for a clash of heads too as he's had cut problems previously (admitedly some time ago now).

Back
Top Bottom