• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Hatton Vs Pacquiao

[quote author=The_Prof link=topic=32633.msg857568#msg857568 date=1241322446]
[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=32633.msg857566#msg857566 date=1241322403]
Manny v Floyd (assuming he beats Marquez) will be a fucking belter
[/quote]

Yes. That should be before Christmas.
[/quote]

Ooooh Yes... Can't wait.

Sad way to end a career though. But theres no way back from that knockout.

It'd be nice for him for finish by fighting Junior Witter at the MEN though ;)

Realistically that's it though. No point carrying on.

[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=32633.msg857573#msg857573 date=1241322861]
It'd be nice for him for finish by fighting Junior Witter at the MEN though ;)

Realistically that's it though. No point carrying on.
[/quote]

Junior Witter? No way. He can't sell out for shit. Hatton should take Marquez at Wembley.

I mean purely for a local thing since Witter has been slagging him off for over a decade. I know it's not a big fight but would be nice for Ricky to finally finish him in a round. I doubt he'll have the motivation for it though.

Marquez is too small isn't he?

I think thats the lot from Hatton, his fiancee looked distraught... if he carries on after that he's a mug. He was clean out cold... It's been a long time since I've seen a boxer in that state.

Goodnight vienna.

Marquez is fighting Mayweather at 147 - IIRC. He currently fights at 133. Hatton's natural weight is 140.

Surely it was Khan? That was some fucked up shit.

Gavin Rees a year before fighting in some barn in Wales. He was battered by Kotelnik.

I didn't see the prescott fight, was Khans eyes rolling around for 2 minutes though like Hatton's? I actually feared the worst for a moment for him.

Mayweather - Pacman should be a great fight. A modern day Leonard - Duran. I'd have my money on Floyd as he's the naturally bigger man and has skill and speed to keep up with Manny.

As for Hatton, well, I suppose he could have a farewell fight against Witter which would sell, but as someone mentioned, it's hard to see how he could be motivated after such a crushing defeat. I bet within a week, he'll be 15 stone. He'll need some strong people around him, because when you train that hard, and tell yourself you're going to win for so long, only to be KTFO in such a spectacular fashion, that can kill a man's soul.

[quote author=IGotALuvlyBunchOfCoconuts link=topic=32633.msg857560#msg857560 date=1241322267]
Fucking killed him hahaha.

Pacquiao is way tooo good for this chump. Shame on the people thinking Hatton could actually beat him haha.
[/quote]

Hahahah I'm wasted.

HAHAHAHA that was fucking fantastic.

Hatton beat Kostya Tzu who was pretty much at the end of his career.

Hatton has come up against Pacquiao and Mayweather - 2 boxers with incredible hand speed - and got his arse handed to him.

Absolutely destroyed.

Never a contest from the beginning.

Months before the fight, I laughed when I saw Manny was gonna fight Hatton simply cos I knew nobody would realize what Hatton's in for.

Put my money where the horses mouth was and thank you very much, Mr Pacman.

Wham Bham in 2 rounds. 'The Hitman'....pfftt.....what a joke.

And if Mayweather's gonna fight Pacman...my money's on Pacman. Easy peasy.

I've seen Manny train in person and let me tell you this, when they say he fights for his entire nation, he really shows it. Even when he's only in training. That alone says it all really.

Tbh, it's basically Phillipines vs Mayweather/Hatton/anyone else for that matter.

Just got up and watched it. Dear lord the Manc got has arse handed to him on a silver platter.

Hatton's gonna clobber him indeed.

[quote author=Roger REDerer link=topic=32633.msg857608#msg857608 date=1241339315]

Months before the fight, I laughed when I saw Manny was gonna fight Hatton simply cos I knew nobody would realize what Hatton's in for.

I've seen Manny train in person and let me tell you this, when they say he fights for his entire nation, he really shows it. Even when he's only in training. That alone says it all really.

Tbh, it's basically Phillipines vs Mayweather/Hatton/anyone else for that matter.

[/quote]

Yes... no one knew what he was in for ::) I take it you haven't read the whole thread as per usual Rog!

You really are SCM's very own
Inbetweeners460x276.jpg

[quote author=Roger REDerer link=topic=32633.msg857608#msg857608 date=1241339315]

[/quote]

Haha piss off.
Easy my ass, he's capable of beating him sure. But Mayweather knows how to defend, I reckon it would go the distance and Manny to win on points.
Mayweather is undefeated and a champion in 5 weight classes for a reason.

We were up watching it, big effort, lots of empty whisky bottles.

Having watched a few of the 24/7's, you'd think some one would have told hatton they we showing exactly how they were going to take him apart. Everyone was calling it, hatton throws a punch, pacman steps aside and nails him with the right. To be fair, i didn't think he was going to get taken apart like he was. But i was expecting pacman to due bruce lee waaaaa's! all the time.

Hatton looked liked a goldfish out of water. For a second we though he was brain dead, was a huge relief when he came round.

I know he wasn't technically the greatest, but would that have happened if he was still with Billy Graham? He never had a defence I know, but maybe trying to learn new stuff made the problem worse? I don't know.

[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=32633.msg858173#msg858173 date=1241383011]
I know he wasn't technically the greatest, but would that have happened if he was still with Billy Graham? He never had a defence I know, but maybe trying to learn new stuff made the problem worse? I don't know.
[/quote]

I think you are clutching at straws... he got destroyed by Mayweather Jr. Because he didn't move his head.

Mayweather Sr. Hit him in training with the pads... on the head. To teach him how open he is.

Come fight night, Mayweather reminds him to keep moving.

Ding ding... Hatton resembles an Eastern European boxer... in head straight forward march, totally disregarding everything taught in the training camp. And thus just doing the same as what he did against Mayweather Jr.

It's just such a shame Calzaghe would never make the weight to face either pacman or mayweather when he was in his prime, because he'd have given them a good fight.

[quote author=Mr_V link=topic=32633.msg858194#msg858194 date=1241386153]
I think you are clutching at straws... he got destroyed by Mayweather Jr. Because he didn't move his head.

Mayweather Sr. Hit him in training with the pads... on the head. To teach him how open he is.

Come fight night, Mayweather reminds him to keep moving.

Ding ding... Hatton resembles an Eastern European boxer... in head straight forward march, totally disregarding everything taught in the training camp. And thus just doing the same as what he did against Mayweather Jr.

It's just such a shame Calzaghe would never make the weight to face either pacman or mayweather when he was in his prime, because he'd have given them a good fight.
[/quote]

Yep, I said exactly the same thing to my mate when watching it again today. You could see Mayweather's annoyance in the corner after the first telling him to move & defend, cos he just wasnt. I'd watched him do it on 24/7 in training, then as soon as he got hit & lost his rag he started fighting on instinct & ignored it all.

I think it really is a case of old dog, new tricks. How you respond to being hit is something that you have to teach yourself over & over again. When he gets head his years of reacting a certain way just takes over.

Hatton's only hope was to turn it into a brawl and he was trying depserately to treat it like that. However, Manny was just too skilled to get pulled into it.

The speed, accuracy and above all, timing of his shots, was supreme. The only fighter who can compete with Pacquiao in this form is Mayweather due to his technical ability.

I read some shit about Pacman running for some position within the Philippines government next year, and Phillo political experts reckon that he will eventually become President of the country if he chooses to persue that path.

Will be interesting to see what happens.

Comes across as a nice guy.

I'm sick of boxers talking trash and all that bullshit.

Pacman was very gracious in defeat.

I hope he does Mayweather if they ever fight, so sick of that flamboyance-cockyness.

Pacman is the peoples man!

Back
Top Bottom