• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Hatton Vs Pacquiao

LadyRed

Very Active
2nd May.

I hope Pacquiao beats him, I'm sick of Hatton talking about he's the best pound for pound fighter.

Pre-fight hype in here.

Manny's been knocked out by much smaller people than Ricky (more than once) and I expect him to get knocked out again.

And to my knowledge, Hatton doesn't say he IS the best pound for pound, more so that he wants to prove he is by winning these types of fights.

Correct. Ricky's not making any assumptions yet - he knows it's a title he still has to win.

I'm not so sure about the outcome of this fight though. I wish I could share your confidence, but IMO this is a very dangerous test for the Hitman. If he does win it, he'll have earned it.

I expect this to be a great fight, both attacking fighters.

If hatton can nullify mannys speed then I thikn he may pick him off and knock him out in rounds 8-10.

looking forward to this, its going to be a tough test for hatton and should make for better viewing than the khan fight.

I don't get the whole anti hatton thing, yes he can be cocky, but he's a great boxer who like Joe just wants to prove how good he is.

Is it because its not british to have a swagger?

[quote author=Rouge Penguin link=topic=32633.msg840228#msg840228 date=1239131518]
looking forward to this, its going to be a tough test for hatton and should make for better viewing than the khan fight.

I don't get the whole anti hatton thing, yes he can be cocky, but he's a great boxer who like Joe just wants to prove how good he is.

Is it because its not british to have a swagger?

[/quote]

I don't get it either. I usually cheer against any English team / sportsman but I like seeing Hatton succeed.

Hmmm... It's a toughie... I'd love to see Hatton knock him out. But my head says Pacman will be too fast for him.

Fast but no power. May mark him up a bit yes, but if Ricky can get a few body shots in it will change things rapidly.

[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=32633.msg840330#msg840330 date=1239135940]
Fast but no power. May mark him up a bit yes, but if Ricky can get a few body shots in it will change things rapidly.
[/quote]

If Hatton is allowed to get close yes... otherwise it will be another Mayweather.

[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=32633.msg840382#msg840382 date=1239136685]
Mayweather had more power and a better defence that Manny. I'm rather optimistic.
[/quote]

A tiny part of me wants to see Manny v Mayweather though... I really think Manny would out think him.

Hatton has said if he beats Manny he will be pound for pound the best fighter.

I don't *hate* Hatton but he does irritate me with his whole 'I'm a normal lad who likes to eat pie and chip' bit. Whatever.

[quote author=Anita link=topic=32633.msg840421#msg840421 date=1239138783]

I don't *hate* Hatton but he does irritate me with his whole 'I'm a normal lad who likes to eat pie and chip' bit. Whatever.
[/quote]

Which he is, and always has been, and always will be.

Maybe you'd prefer him if he was called Amir Hatton?

I think its a tough fight to call. Pacquiaos a brillant fighter and im a big fan. Think im going to go with Hatton though, Pacquiaos never fought anyone as physically strong as Hatton. I think that will be the deciding factor.

[quote author=Brendan link=topic=32633.msg840745#msg840745 date=1239191863]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ha

:eek:

[quote author=Brendan link=topic=32633.msg840745#msg840745 date=1239191863]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes, ofcourse. I only like brown people.

[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=32633.msg840111#msg840111 date=1239124413]
Manny's been knocked out by much smaller people than Ricky (more than once) and I expect him to get knocked out again.

And to my knowledge, Hatton doesn't say he IS the best pound for pound, more so that he wants to prove he is by winning these types of fights.
[/quote]

agreed, hatton is not that type of fighter. he was very gracious when he lost to mayweather. This will be a great fight - ideally you hope it is so good that in conjures up a magical rematch as there is little else for these fighters to do after a match like this -maybe a comeback from mayweather could be a lovely bonus for the winner.

Wheres the fight, is it in the US or the MEN?

Really looking forward to it, the build up programs have all been great.

Lol at Brendan.

Back to topic. I think that unless Manny decides he wants to get involved in a brawl, then he'll outpoint Hatton. If he gets baited into a scrap like a fool, then Hatton will knock him out early doors.

[quote author=Rouge Penguin link=topic=32633.msg850626#msg850626 date=1240397573]
Wheres the fight, is it in the US or the MEN?

Really looking forward to it, the build up programs have all been great.
[/quote]

Its in America mate, so gunna be another late start. Probabaly 4am or something like that.

uh oh. The brother in law's going to have revenge on his mind after the khan fight.

Weeks leading up to it, he was telling anyone who'd listen he was going to get me battered. Guess who was chucking their guts up an hour after the fight. 4am's a scary prospect.

Cant wait for this now. I'm thinking I will actually pay to get the PPV

Tried finding a stream for the Amir Khan fight and it was a nightmare.

Although he's an obvious dick, Mayweather Snr's reference to 'Freddy "the joke coach" Roach' made me chuckle.

Tough figt to predict, im a fan of both fighters. If Hatton comes at Pacquiao in a straight plane all night, i can see Pacquiao picking him off and maybe stop the fights on cuts.
I can see it going either way, but gunna go with Hatton by late stoppage.

deffo a tough fight to predict, but wouldn't the longer it went on help Hatton?

His size and strength would have more of an effect on manny...

personally I don't know who will win, I think it will be close and if it goes long then Hatton amy well prevail.

Back
Top Bottom