• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Hillsborough - Judgement Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
This hasn't affected me even close to as much as it has too many, I haven't lost sleep mourning, I haven't had my loved ones called scum, thieves and countless derogatory slurs, I haven't been a victim of this tragedy at all.

But today, as a Liverpool fan, and more importantly as a human in this excuse for a society we live in, it's a heartwarming victory for what's right.

RIP

Well done the families, campaigners and the people of Liverpool. Emotional just watching the news and reading the reports God knows how the families and survivors are feeling.

Special shout out for Anne Wiiliams a pity she didn't get to be there in person for the verdict. She can now rest in peace.

YNWA

No words to describe what those wonderful families have had to endure. Their patience and continued fight is something I cannot truly comprehend - I know I'd have given up.

Imagine just for a moment what that feeling must have been like for them today when that verdict was handed down. There are no victors in this 27 year episode, but my heart sings just a little when I think about that instant feeling those families must have had at that moment. Bless them.

4398.jpg

Look at the happiness on Margaret Aspinall's face.

Just look at it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03s9ds1

Martin Kenneth Wild, a life-long Liverpool fan, was one of the 96 people killed in the Hillsborough disaster.

He was the only victim not represented by a family statement at the inquest into the deaths.

Instead a statement about Mr Wild, who was 29 when he died, was read aloud by a solicitor based on historical police statements and publicly available information.

It is believed his father, step-mother and only brother have all died. His sister-in-law declined to speak to 5 live's Rowan Bridge at the time he compiled this report.

Inquests into the Hillsborough disaster ruled the 96 fans who died on 15 April 1989 were "unlawfully killed".

This clip is originally from 5 live Breakfast on Wednesday 27 April 2016.

Nice to hear that they tracked down his best mate and that he also got a sort of family statement in the end.

YNWA

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03s9ds1

Martin Kenneth Wild, a life-long Liverpool fan, was one of the 96 people killed in the Hillsborough disaster.

He was the only victim not represented by a family statement at the inquest into the deaths.

Instead a statement about Mr Wild, who was 29 when he died, was read aloud by a solicitor based on historical police statements and publicly available information.

It is believed his father, step-mother and only brother have all died. His sister-in-law declined to speak to 5 live's Rowan Bridge at the time he compiled this report.

Inquests into the Hillsborough disaster ruled the 96 fans who died on 15 April 1989 were "unlawfully killed".

This clip is originally from 5 live Breakfast on Wednesday 27 April 2016.

Nice to hear that they tracked down his best mate and that he also got a sort of family statement in the end.

YNWA

It's all so heart-breaking. Well done 5 live for tracking down his mate.

Had the s*n done something similar this morning they may actually have won a modicum of respect back.

I find it appalling, but sadly predictable, that they haven't made any effort at all to address the issue. A paper isn't a constant, it is an evolving thing, changing with its editor & staff, so there is really no credible explanation beyond a deeply cynical one that they believe it won't gain them any readership but may lose some amongst those readers of the type who still blame our fans (a simple twitter search will sadly show you there's many of them still about).

I don't think I can embed this.

This will make you angry, upset & probably a range of other emotions too, David Conn wrote much of this in his article, but it somehow hits home harder alongside the video of events. It's harrowing, & hard to watch, but I'm glad I did. Luke has been asking about Hillsborough recently, & I struggle to find the words to explain it without getting too upset, I'm debating letting him watch this to explain it as it will do it better than I ever could.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...lsborough-inquiry-anatomy-of-a-disaster-video

I was in Anfield for the memorial on 15th.

I went because for 27 years I had been saying that I would love to attend the memorial, but never did. When I heard that this was the last one at Anfield I planned the trip.

In the meantime the Europa League draw threw up the Liverpool v Dortmund match on the night before. Unfortunately I couldn’t get a ticket, and the night before I travelled, missed Woland’s kind offer of one because I didn’t read his pm.
When I realised what had happened I was gutted and spent the rest of the trip cursing myself.

Now, after watching those families yesterday, I realise that the important event was the one I DID get to. I now realise what a privilege it was to listen to those people, especially the inspirational Trevor Hicks and Margaret Aspinall. I realise what a privilege it was, for even a short couple of hours, to share the families’ grief with them.

RIP to the 96. Best wishes to their families and to all those survivors who have being living this 27 year hell. I hope you can all get some sort of closure now, and I pray that those responsible for your mental and physical injuries, and the deaths of your loved ones, get all that they deserve.

YNWA

If only we knew someone on this site who worked in say, a Head of Strategy role for The Sun, who could explain to us his and their rationale for this continued disgraceful stance.

Wow. She's a bit of a cunt.

Disagree. She's a widow whose husband probably came to feel guilty about his part in the cover-up and who's trying to defend his memory, perhaps with extra emphasis precisely because she knows he was at fault. What she says is garbage of course, but she's to be pitied more than anything IMHO.

Last edited:
Had the s*n done something similar this morning they may actually have won a modicum of respect back.

I find it appalling, but sadly predictable, that they haven't made any effort at all to address the issue. A paper isn't a constant, it is an evolving thing, changing with its editor & staff, so there is really no credible explanation beyond a deeply cynical one that they believe it won't gain them any readership but may lose some amongst those readers of the type who still blame our fans (a simple twitter search will sadly show you there's many of them still about).

Too true. As you say, the main culprits at the rag are long gone on to other means of space-wastage, so the current mob could quite easily - with sincerity or, more likely, deep cynicism - wash their hands of them and denounce what happened, but instead I've just heard a couple of hacks on the radio saying how embarrassed they are. What will they say next - 'We were only following orders'? Pathetic cowards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom