• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Hull

Status
Not open for further replies.
united will finish above us, we will be lucky to finish in the top 8, im not tryna be negative but ive lowered my expectations. Thats a great point against an on form hull.....
Like arsenal for last week?

united will finish above us, we will be lucky to finish in the top 8, im not tryna be negative but ive lowered my expectations. Thats a great point against an on form hull.....
Can you even name 7 teams who could finish above us?

Yeah because he's a good impact player

We didn't exactly win the game when he came in did we?

Jesus Fabs. For 60 mins we were shite. When Coutinho and Lambert came on we stepped up two gears and actually looked like a team.

Another game of seeing that 2 up top makes us effective/ dangerous.

Lambert had some great touches and brought players into the game. Mario looked a bit more comfortable knowing he was able to drift/ come deep with another striker occupying the space up front. Shame not to score but we kept a clean sheet which is promising. Coutinho was fantastic when he came on - I don't think he can do a full 90 like that though. In our quick starts last year he was one of the players who would be absolutely flying but then be knackered by 60th min - would prefer that than only get 25 mins from him at the end of a game.

Jesus Fabs. For 60 mins we were shite. When Coutinho and Lambert came on we stepped up two gears and actually looked like a team.
Because Mario want getting marked out the game and we had 2 up top. Space opened for the midfield and strikers which we could abuse

I'm getting pissed off with rodgers not starting with 2 up top.

chelsea, city, united, arsenal, southampton, west ham, everton and spurs
Everton and Spurs have been much worse than us this season.

Arsenal and United have roughly been on par.

West Ham and Southampton will inevitably fade.

Reactions: mom
Manquillo was infinitely better than Johnson - better attacking and defensively. Has to start ahead of him.

I want to see Lambert start the next game. He makes things happen. Was involved in a shit load of good movements in the final third. Clever player, a beast in the air and will work his bollocks off even when it seems a lost cause.
And Coutinho has to start as well, surely. If he's being ineffective, fine, take him off.

Simply put, to get the most out of Coutinho and our midfield, we need 2 up top.

I don't know that, as Fark suggests, that was a better performance but I didn't think we went backwards.

Didn't think Mario was bad - actually thought Rickie showed a lot of good touches though he drifted in and out a little after he came on plus one really bad touch.

All that said, second half of last season we had two lethal strikers turning those 75% chances into goals. Right now we've got nobody turning them into goals and that's making a massive difference to the confidence of the team.

We looked better as a team because we can now space to exploit because we actually had more men up top. Centrally. Not wide. Not deep. In the opposition half, in the middle.

Another game of seeing that 2 up top makes us effective/ dangerous.

Lambert had some great touches and brought players into the game. Mario looked a bit more comfortable knowing he was able to drift/ come deep with another striker occupying the space up front. Shame not to score but we kept a clean sheet which is promising. Coutinho was fantastic when he came on - I don't think he can do a full 90 like that though. In our quick starts last year he was one of the players who would be absolutely flying but then be knackered by 60th min - would prefer that than only get 25 mins from him at the end of a game.
This^

Build on the clean sheet, the pressing a la Allen, looks like Coutinho has got his groove back so we'll need that to combine the defence and attack. If Mario is to play then he needs a striker next to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom