• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Injury Latest

bluebell

Well-Known
[xtable=skin1]
{tbody}
{tr}
{th=colspan:7}
TRACK
7{/th}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}PLAYER{/td}
{td}REASON{/td}
{td}FURTHER DETAIL{/td}
{td}POTENTIAL RETURN{/td}
{td}CONDITION{/td}
{td}STATUS{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Joel Matip{/td}
{td}Knee Injury{/td}
{td}Dec 06: 'It's an ACL, ruptured, so that's what I unfortunately expected from the first second. Everything looked like that. Very unfortunate.'{/td}
{td}01/09/2024{/td}
{td}Currently Being Assessed{/td}
{td}Ruled Out{/td}
{td}TRACK{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Thiago Alcantara{/td}
{td}Groin/Hip/Pelvic Injury{/td}
{td}Dec 01: 'Nothing [has] changed. He is still dead but has taken young Stephan with him. Maybe they meet Naby up there?"'{/td}
{td}R.I.P{/td}
{td}Currently Deceased{/td}
{td}Ruled Out{/td}
{td}TRACK{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Andrew Robertson{/td}
{td}Shoulder Injury{/td}
{td}Nov 18: 'It's so far so good; three weeks since my surgery now, so everything is progressing well. I have just got to take it bit by bit and week by week. Everything has went well up to this point, and hopefully, that continues.'{/td}
{td}01/01/2024{/td}
{td}Ruled Out{/td}
{td}TRACK{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Ryan Gravenberch{/td}
{td}Thigh Injury{/td}
{td}Dec 17: 'They told me [post-match] it got worse during the game, so that means it was not 'bam'. We hoped it would go by, [but] it didn't. I hope it is not that serious, so I don't know if he will be part of [the next three matches]. We will see.'{/td}
{td}01/01/2024{/td}
{td}Ruled Out{/td}
{td}TRACK{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Diogo Jota{/td}
{td}Other{/td}
{td}Dec 05: 'He was running yesterday outside - on his birthday. And everything goes in the right direction, but nobody told me he will be back in team training today. No, there is still some time.'{/td}
{td}26/12/2023{/td}
{td}Ruled Out{/td}
{td}TRACK{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Alexis Mac Allister{/td}
{td}Knee Injury{/td}
{td}Dec 13: 'The stud went through [to] the muscle onto the bone. And now we have to wait until [it] is healed because it is pretty painful. So, I hope in the next three or four days he makes big steps, and then we will see.'{/td}
{td}20/12/2023{/td}
{td}25%{/td}
{td}TRACK{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Stefan Bajcetic Maquieira{/td}
{td}Calf/Shin/Heel Injury{/td}
{td}Nov 03: 'The body [is] rubbish, and we have to put the brake on and turn the machine off. John Henry the Boss could not keep topping up the meter to keep the machine going'{/td}
{td}R.I.P{/td}
{td}Currently Deceased{/td}
{td}Ruled Out{/td}
{td}TRACK{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

Good that Mac, Robbo and Jota could be back soon. We need that boost.

I didn't know Gravy was injured! Out for 3 games - I don't like that at all.

Last edited:
What a devastating time to get an injury. I had very little hope for Doak for us, but for his career in general this is some awful timing.

The amount of luck involved in trying to make that step up in football is insane, and it's why I don't really begrudge the huge paydays.

Well you might like the more recent update on him Froggy. 😛
Whew.

Dec 19: 'We thought there was really something [when] he came off. But he had a scan, and it's only DOMS, which is fatigue, so that's a really good thing. He will train hopefully today, let's see where he is.'

And Mac, Robbo and Jota are all listed as back on 01.01.2024 so anything close to that is great. Sadly Thiago has not yet responded to Dr. Frankenstein's methods.

Sadly Thiago has not yet responded to Dr. Frankenstein's methods.

Dr. Frankenstein =

0_Bajcetic.jpg

Whew.

Dec 19: 'We thought there was really something [when] he came off. But he had a scan, and it's only DOMS, which is fatigue, so that's a really good thing. He will train hopefully today, let's see where he is.'

And Mac, Robbo and Jota are all listed as back on 01.01.2024 so anything close to that is great. Sadly Thiago has not yet responded to Dr. Frankenstein's methods.

DOMS = Death Of Macallister Syndrome?
Doesn't t sound too promising for our midfield

This needs updating.

So that’s Doak, Bajcetic, Thiago, Robbo, Matip, Jota and now Kostas

Every year it’s the same shit.

I thought Robbo and Bajcetic were close to a return?

Jota, Mac, Robbo, Bajectic and Thiago are all close to returning. I think this is being blown out of proportion. All teams pick up injuries through Dec/Jan. We have a squad for a reason

Afcon is going to take away our only reliable goalscorer, that's going to have a bigger impact than any of these injuries as we have no back up for Mo.
We've coped perfectly fine previously when both he and Mane were off to DEFCON 3. It's not like we're down to 10 men. Someone else will fill the spot and the goals will be more evenly distributed.
Salah is our out ball for everything but with him absent we may even see a change in tactics and Trent won't be looking for him (or his replacement) with 80% of his long passes.

Back
Top Bottom