• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Injury Latest

Imagine getting this version of Thiago back

meh.... reminds me of Antony of Man U. Seriously though, I just don't trust for him to stay fit for more than 5 games. I've lost hope that he will stay injury free enough to add any value

meh.... reminds me of Antony of Man U. Seriously though, I just don't trust for him to stay fit for more than 5 games. I've lost hope that he will stay injury free enough to add any value

What does that have to do with Antony???

I know he's obviously awesome with the ball, but we need athleticism in that role, and he didn't really have it, he's a year older and will take a significant amount of time to get back to where we need him. He played best with fabs when fabs was the defensive shield not Thiago. He also had a complete fuckup in him too often for my liking.

I'm not missing him, and if we have a fully fit midfield I'm not picking him. I'm missing Badger more. He's our man.

I know he's obviously awesome with the ball, but we need athleticism in that role, and he didn't really have it, he's a year older and will take a significant amount of time to get back to where we need him. He played best with fabs when fabs was the defensive shield not Thiago. He also had a complete fuckup in him too often for my liking.

I'm not missing him, and if we have a fully fit midfield I'm not picking him. I'm missing Badger more. He's our man.

Badger has started about 6 games for us in his entire career so far, the idea that he's some integral part of the team thats missing is way over the top. He's a kid who hasn't played since March

Badger has started about 6 games for us in his entire career so far, the idea that he's some integral part of the team thats missing is way over the top. He's a kid who hasn't played since March
I didnt say he's an integral part of the team just that I'm missing him more than Thiago. Love endo there, yet to be convinced about Mac but I think Badger will be able to do a good job there too, when back. If Klopp uses him there...

I have my doubts about Thiago. Hope he proves me wrong, because like everyone else what he can do in possession is beautiful.

You absolutely have to be interested in seeing fit Thiago play beside Szob, Mac and Endo unless you’re dead inside. Unfortunately he’s entirely dead and we’re never going to see this.

You absolutely have to be interested in seeing fit Thiago play beside Szob, Mac and Endo unless you’re dead inside. Unfortunately he’s entirely dead and we’re never going to see this.
Thiago aside, if Mac is fit enough then I’d be excited to see him in the 8 alongside Szobo with Endo in the 6 tomorrow.

It won’t happen (he’ll come in for 25 to replace Endo probably) but it’s a combo that might just be our best right now.

That would be lovely but that's 4... who do you lose?

What does that have to do with Antony???
I said it jokingly due to the showboating.
I stand by comment on "meh". he won't be fit for long enough to have an impact on our season. There's 3 things certain in life, Death, Taxes and Thiago getting injured

That would be lovely but that's 4... who do you lose?

it’s an easy question right now with Mac unfit and Endo going away for a while but it’s a squad effort, Thiago on for any of them for 30 even just for rest is a great option.

He could be the difference even just in one of the big games.
All he needs to do is stay fit until endo comes back. If he breaks down after that(which knowing him he will) then its ok we've got it covered. If he can do that then he's done his job for the season.

All he needs to do is stay fit until endo comes back. If he breaks down after that(which knowing him he will) then its ok we've got it covered. If he can do that then he's done his job for the season.
I think he makes the difference vs City and Arsenal.

He isn't fit yet! There's no indication he will be fit anytime soon. He is the definition of a "Rolls Royce player" wonderful to look at but soon as you touch it, something falls off or it breaks down.

I'd kinda forgotten just how good Thiago is or can be. He's unbelievably talented but so unavailable.

Not too much to show for his talent though? He flatters to deceive I think.
And for us he has been an expensive experiment, one where we went away from the tried and tested model of buying "soon to be" stars in the 20-24 yo age bracket.

He's physically weak. He falls over far too often. I don't think he's suitable for this league.

copy pasta from Reddit

Szoboszlai Injury Update
renderTimingPixel.png

Not an official source by any means, but a hungarian guy who works at the national Sport TV as a commentator/pundit and is close to Szoboszlai's inner circle, posted on Twitter that Dominik wont be out for more than two weeks, his injury is not thought to be serious. He should definitely be back for our next league game

copy pasta from Reddit

Szoboszlai Injury Update
renderTimingPixel.png

Not an official source by any means, but a hungarian guy who works at the national Sport TV as a commentator/pundit and is close to Szoboszlai's inner circle, posted on Twitter that Dominik wont be out for more than two weeks, his injury is not thought to be serious. He should definitely be back for our next league game

This is really good news @Modo - also have you any transfer updates - like serious shit ?

copy pasta from Reddit

Szoboszlai Injury Update
renderTimingPixel.png

So long as he gets 20 mins in the match before and is fully fit for Arsenal in the PL (A).

copy pasta from Reddit

Szoboszlai Injury Update
renderTimingPixel.png

Really hope that’s true and thanks for posting this, @Modo.

I was trying to wreck my brain on how we can replace Salah, Endo and Szloboszlai all at the same time and there was simply no acceptable solution - if you play Elliott at RCM while Macca comes back in at #6, that’s a big physical downgrade compared to Szoboszlai-Endo, could be problematic against physical teams. Moving Gravenberch or Jones to RCM doesn’t seem like a great solution as they are both more comfortable on the left, MacAllister would have been an ideal Szobo replacement, but now he has to play DM until Endo comes back…

If Szobo is fit things look a lot more straightforward - him and Elliott will switch between RCM and RW like they did against West Ham, which will replace Salah’s creativity if not completely his goal threat. IMO this is a better solution than playing Jota on the right, because then we’d be losing a lot of chance-creating ability that Salah used to provide, which could result in Nunez or whoever else plays in the middle being starved of chances.

Not too much to show for his talent though? He flatters to deceive I think.
And for us he has been an expensive experiment, one where we went away from the tried and tested model of buying "soon to be" stars in the 20-24 yo age bracket.
Haha whaaaat?!
Honours

Barcelona[123]
  • La Liga: 2008–09, 2009–10, 2010–11, 2012–13
  • Copa del Rey: 2011–12
  • Supercopa de España: 2010, 2011
  • UEFA Champions League: 2010–11
  • UEFA Super Cup: 2011
  • FIFA Club World Cup: 2011
Bayern Munich[4]
  • Bundesliga: 2013–14, 2014–15, 2015–16, 2016–17, 2017–18, 2018–19, 2019–20
  • DFB-Pokal: 2013–14, 2015–16, 2018–19, 2019–20