• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Injury Latest

Woke up and couldn't get back to sleep worrying about Jones, Jota, Szobo and Nunez. Any updates anyone?

Woke up and couldn't get back to sleep worrying about Jones, Jota, Szobo and Nunez. Any updates anyone?

The only thing we know is that Jones left the stadium on crutches and his left foot in a protective boot.
Jota was also on crutches but with a knee brace on.

There's speculation on the internet that Jota has a MCL tear, which could end his season, although its far better than an ACL tear.
Jones injury looks like a high ankle sprain, but that would require at least a month of recovery time.

Klopp confirmed that Nunez was taken off as a precaution.

No news about Szobo, but there's still hope that he can be back for the final.

Still nothing about bajetic.

Could really do with him right now to take the load off the others.

Last I saw he was down for a Feb return..

Still nothing about bajetic.

Could really do with him right now to take the load off the others.

Last I saw he was down for a Feb return..
bajceticedit-1-600x400.jpg

This Is AnfieldLiverpool FC News

Why fans shouldn’t get carried away after Stefan Bajcetic spotted in ‘full training kit’​

The sight of Stefan Bajcetic in his Liverpool kit at the AXA Training Centre led to speculation over a return, but fans should not be getting carried away.
Tuesday brought a series of positive updates when it came to Jurgen Klopp‘s squad, as four players returned and two more shook off minor issues.
READ: Confirmed: 27-man squad in Liverpool training – Trent and Szoboszlai still OUT
Mohamed Salah‘s comeback took the headlines, but Alisson and Joe Gomez were also involved after illness, Conor Bradley returned from compassionate leave and Diogo Jota and Ryan Gravenberch were confirmed to be fit.
Another player spotted in footage from the AXA Training Centre was Bajcetic, who arrived alongside his team-mates and was seen in training gear.

With Bajcetic playing darts with fellow youngster Bobby Clark in the canteen, a number of Liverpool fan sites speculated over a return as he wore ‘full training kit’.
But, unsurprisingly, the 19-year-old did not join the first-team squad for training – nor was he part of the initial session in the gym.
Instead, Bajcetic continues to follow an individual programme as Liverpool carefully manage his body amid issues related to his growth.
While this latest layoff was initially claimed to be a “little, little, little setback” in his calf when Klopp updated on the midfielder’s absence in September, it has proved to be a wider area.
LIVERPOOL, ENGLAND - Saturday, August 19, 2023: Liverpool's substitute Stefan Bajcetic warms-up during the FA Premier League match between Liverpool FC and AFC Bournemouth at Anfield. Liverpool won 3-1. (Pic by David Rawcliffe/Propaganda)

His injury is more accurately described as musculoskeletal – or in layman’s terms, growing pains.
“It’s harsh for these boys,” Klopp reflected in November.
“Sometimes when you’re a real talent, like Conor [Bradley] is for example or Stefan Bajcetic is, then you are ready footballing-wise, but the body still needs to grow into the intensity.
“These two boys probably have now had that spell – one has it still, the other one is out of it – now we have to make sure we don’t overdo it.
“We really try, we are really careful with the boys, but sometimes it happens anyway.”
LINZ, AUSTRIA - Thursday, September 21, 2023: Liverpool's Stefan Bajcetic during the UEFA Europa League Group E matchday 1 game between LASK and Liverpool FC at the Raiffeisen Arena. Liverpool won 3-1. (Pic by David Rawcliffe/Propaganda)

Bajcetic has featured this season – twice in September, after overcoming a long-term adductor injury – but it remains to be seen whether he will again under Klopp.
Assistant manager Pepijn Lijnders had predicted that both Bajcetic and Thiago would rejoin training in February, but a new setback for the latter shows that Liverpool need to be mindful of making issues worse.
COLUMN: Thiago Alcantara: One of the great, lost Liverpool careers?
That is particularly the case for Bajcetic, who only turned 19 in October, with the club taking every precaution to ensure his body is prepared for a 15-plus-year career.
This all means the latest headlines around Bajcetic can, for now, be boiled down to: ‘Man changes into his uniform at work’.

I hate to say it but I thunk the cup final is fucked now, we have no midfielders other than Gravey, Endo, Mac , Elliot, we have no spares for cover. Think we are fucked.

I hate to say it but I thunk the cup final is fucked now, we have no midfielders other than Gravey, Endo, Mac , Elliot, we have no spares for cover. Think we are fucked.
We're fine for the final.
Szobo and Trent will be back soon.

Having no midfielders would mean having no midfielders.

It's like saying we have no forwards other than Gakpo Diaz Salah and maybe Nunez, no spares for cover. Makes no sense.

We're in a situation where we're 1 more midfield injury away from Trent maybe starting in mid!

Not sure if true, but:

Diogo Jota has 𝘼𝙑𝙊𝙄𝘿𝙀𝘿 a serious knee injury, he'll be out for around 2 months and his Euro 2024 place is not at risk. [
@Record_Portugal
]

Trent is not even in convo for RB or midfield, he is out till early March at least. Wish we had that luxury.

And now there's rumours about Salah being a doubt for the Luton game.
Darwin too.
You any good at football Modo lad? Get yourself on standby, the club might fly you in on short notice to be part of the squad.

You any good at football Modo lad? Get yourself on standby, the club might fly you in on short notice to be part of the squad.
Well I played for a division 3 team in Sweden 20 years ago and futsal occasionally. I can offer the team about 10 solid minutes.

Van Dijk must be shitting himself right now. Seems to be next in line for an injury.

Van Dijk must be shitting himself right now. Seems to be next in line for an injury.
Stop with this, all this started with comments on here about people not wanting Trent and Salah as starters soon as they were fit and since then we had about 10 injuries and rising…

And now there's rumours about Salah being a doubt for the Luton game.
Darwin too.

Saw that, but those rumors are from someone who said at the end: nothing confirmed…
Its just bollocks.

Darwin had a scan today appaz to see if there was anything to worry about. The results arent known yet.

Stop with this, all this started with comments on here about people not wanting Trent and Salah as starters soon as they were fit and since then we had about 10 injuries and rising…

It started when @Modo pretended half the team had caught the flu… then people started dying.

There’s sorcery at work here - we may have to burn Modo to make sure he’s not some evil warlock hell bent on revenge over BREXIT or something.

It started when @Modo pretended half the team had caught the flu… then people started dying.

There’s sorcery at work here - we may have to burn Modo to make sure he’s not some evil warlock hell bent on revenge over BREXIT or something.
*Nods sagely* clearly there is something to this theory. Especially since he's now offered himself up as a potential replacement.

My lad, a died in the wool republican, currently lives off Donegall Avenue and has joined a local footy team where he is the only left footer (in both football and other terms)

My lad, a died in the wool republican, currently lives off Donegall Avenue and has joined a local footy team where he is the only left footer (in both football and other terms)

Maybe he’ll become a linfield fan

Back
Top Bottom