• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Injury Latest

This isn't a kneejerk reaction but why didn't we try and sign someone in January when we knew we'd be hit with a shitload more injuries?

We can't really have anyone to blame for the situation we find ourselves in, it's not like Jota and Jones were injured from malicious leg breaking tackles.....no one collided into Ali and now he's out.

Every time one of our players go to ground, we immediately fear the worst. This isn't what football should be about.
Moron? Is that you jn a Binomial skin?!

What it ought to be and what it is are not the same.

There are more and more and more injuries and more and more games, and the average game is definitely worse for it.
That's tough to agree to though when there are more goals per game and teams are technically and tactically better.

I once had a boss who used to say "This isn't racist, but ..." and then proceed to come out with some of the most racist drivel ever.

I just had a deja vu, above when I saw Binom say "This isn't knee jerk, but ... "

At least kneejerkery is more acceptable than racism.

Anyway, I disagree about bringing someone in. Before the Jan window closed we were two weeks from only having Matip and Bajcetic on the injury list. We've just been very unlucky.
Luck has fuck all to do with it. Some of us have predicted the forthcoming injury crisis all season. We have ran with an extremely high risk tolerance and it’s spectacularly backfired in the most predictable way possible. Unlucky my ass. Unprepared people talk about luck.

Luck has fuck all to do with it. Some of us have predicted the forthcoming injury crisis all season. We have ran with an extremely high risk tolerance and it’s spectacularly backfired in the most predictable way possible. Unlucky my ass. Unprepared people talk about luck.
How big do you want the squad to be exactly?

With the current squad we should never have played first teamers in the league cup or FA Cup.
If Klopp made the decision he would leave in November, they were not gonna give him any cash to spend in Jan.
Jones, Matip, Jota and Thiago were all injury prone..
I am not gonna panic as we still have solutions. If Jota is injured I think we will see Kaide Gordon be given a chance. The kids are getting their chances this season and are filling the gaps adequately or in the case of Bradley better than his senior.

With the current squad we should never have played first teamers in the league cup or FA Cup.
Arsenal have a smaller squad than us and played their first team in both - when we had ½ a team of squad players against them in the FAC. And they've been playing in the CL. They have just 2-3 important players injured. Explain how that fits into your theory.

We have been ridiculously unlucky.

Even against Arsenal away?
And in the league cup semi final?
Imagine the backlash Klopp would have got if he played reserves.
Jota getting "the people's elbow" on his knee is unlucky. Ali and Gomez getting the flu at the worst possible time is unlucky too.
OK, I admit it's a mix of bad planning and bad luck, but the squad we currently have is probably the biggest and best we've ever had.
I don't see how we could have added more players too it.

Last edited:
We have FIVE high quality forwards - no-one else in the PL, not even City, have that. You can't account for bad luck.
That's true but no one else in the PL have the injuries we do now and have had the last 5-6 years.

Keep hearing back luck...maybe because it's the easiest explanation to accept, maybe you could write that narrative here and there.....not when FOUR of your players are out after suffering a reoccurrence, not when the same injury prone players are the ones in the treatment room for the longest periods.

PLAYERREASONFURTHER DETAILPOTENTIAL RETURNCONDITIONSTATUS
Joel MatipKnee InjuryDec 06: 'It's an ACL, ruptured, so that's what I unfortunately expected from the first second. Everything looked like that. Very unfortunate.'01/09/2024Currently Being AssessedRuled OutTRACK
Diogo JotaKnee InjuryFeb 17: 'Diogo looks probably the worst; I didn't see it back, but I heard the pictures didn't look great as well, so we have to see there.'13/04/2024Currently Being AssessedRuled OutTRACK
Trent Alexander-ArnoldKnee InjuryFeb 16: 'With Trent, a week or two longer. It is not great. Probably be after [the Carabao Cup final].'10/03/2024Currently Being AssessedRuled OutTRACK
Dominik SzoboszlaiThigh InjuryFeb 16: 'I think with Dom, it will be around [the Carabao Cup]. We will see how it exactly works. I would say, I'm not sure [he] has a chance for the final, but maybe.'25/02/2024Currently Being Assessed25%TRACK
Curtis JonesAnkle/Foot InjuryFeb 17: 'Curtis got a knock on the lower part of his shin or above the ankle. We will see what that means. It was what he felt, but he was not 100 per cent sure.'21/02/2024Currently Being Assessed25%TRACK
Darwin Nunez RibeiroOtherFeb 17: 'Darwin, we took off because he felt really a little, but that was obviously today enough to immediately push the brake, and that's what we did, so we took him off.'21/02/2024Currently Being Assessed25%TRACK
Thiago AlcantaraThigh InjuryFeb 09: 'We don't know the extent yet. We have to wait a little bit, but it's not cool. Yes [I expect him to play again this season], but we didn't really think about that, in the moment. It's not a big, big injury.'No Return DateCurrently Being AssessedRuled OutTRACK
Alisson BeckerThigh InjuryFeb 17: 'Yesterday, in the last training session, minus one, Ali pulled out. That's really not cool. It's a muscle, and we don't know [how serious it is] yet. We have to wait. How it always is, maybe tomorrow or the day after tomorrow, we will know more.'No Return DateCurrently Being AssessedRuled OutTRACK
Stefan Bajcetic MaquieiraOtherJan 09: 'They will not be ready for the end of this month. It will probably be going into the next month to train with us. But both [with] no complications, progressing.'No Return DateCurrently Being AssessedRuled OutTRACK

That's true but no one else in the PL have the injuries we do now and have had the last 5-6 years.

Keep hearing back luck...maybe because it's the easiest explanation to accept, maybe you could write that narrative here and there.....not when FOUR of your players are out after suffering a reoccurrence, not when the same injury prone players are the ones in the treatment room for the longest periods.
Yeah because someone falling on your leg and the flu are incidents / illnesses we should account for by buying yet more players (who'll be unhappy when most are fit and they don't get to start) to make our squad even larger than it is (which is already bigger than City's and Arsenal's).

*even bigger eye roll than usual*

And yet this is the team you wanted for the Arsenal FA Cup tie.
People like @moron lambasting the option for not buying... who would if the manager has announced he would definitely be leaving?
Even I didn't think our injuries are going to be this bad but unlike previous years we have very good options.
Trent, Dom, Alisson, Nunez and Salah will be back within 4 weeks. It might mean we play more compact... However. its periods like these where other players raise their game and take their chances.

Yeah because someone falling on your leg and the flu are incidents / illnesses we should account for by buying yet more players (who'll be unhappy when most are fit and they don't get to start) to make our squad even larger than it is (which is already bigger than City's and Arsenal's).

Any second now, Bluebell will post the list of players currently out of contract he’s inevitably been compiling.

Any second now, Bluebell will post the list of players currently out of contract he’s inevitably been compiling.
We beat Brentford 4-1 away... The key player is Endo... He needs to be more careful though. This season is about finding solutions within the squad

Not bothered one bit by the flu, how often do we get players out for flu/illness? They miss 1 game and they're back the next like we saw with Joe, big deal.

We know half these players are injury prone so yes a bit of understanding surrounding that to ensure you go into each season fully equipped when you're competing for 4 trophies......now it looks like history will repeat itself and we'll again fall short due to injuries.

If 20 different players from 20 different clubs land awkwardly, you can be sure the 1 of those 2 players who come away with a broken ankle, will be a Liverpool player.

Arsenal have a smaller squad than us and played their first team in both - when we had ½ a team of squad players against them in the FAC. And they've been playing in the CL. They have just 2-3 important players injured. Explain how that fits into your theory.

We have been ridiculously unlucky.
They aren’t in the league cup and don’t play every taxing style of play we do. They played 3 games in 28 days we played 7. Simple really. They’ve also won fuck all in 20 years so I couldn’t give a fuck what Lego head does. It was clear as day we would get a host of injuries this season. Everyone is running on fumes.

Even against Arsenal away?
And in the league cup semi final?
Imagine the backlash Klopp would have got if he played reserves.
Jota getting "the people's elbow" on his knee is unlucky. Ali and Gomez getting the flu at the worst possible time is unlucky too.
OK, I admit it's a mix of bad planning and bad luck, but the squad we currently have is probably the biggest and best we've ever had.
I don't see how we could have added more players too it.
If you want to topple City you must prioritise. We didn’t and are paying the heaviest of prices now.

The only saving grace for Klopp is he prob never expected us to be this close to a title challenge this year so wanted to win a cup. He’s said himself we are miles ahead of schedule with this group. But still once we looked in with a shout we should have shifted priorities.

Klopp incredibly coy about the injuries.
"Jota knee issue"
"Jones bone ligament"

The others have muscle issues. Day by day decision.
Trent and Dom are not in team training but they're on the way back.

Ok, he just added that "Diogo a month" or something like that.

[Jones] Jürgen Klopp says Jota (knee), Jones (bone/ligament) and Alisson (hamstring) all out “for the foreseeable”. “The others we will deal with day by day, with muscle things. Tomorrow you will see who made it and who didn’t make it. As long as we have 11 players we will go for it.”

View: https://twitter.com/fredcaldeira/status/1760017853447868640?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1760017853447868640|twgr^ae7e105b7a7a1ba6d8f4eb5ef8721d8d0f9826e4|twcon^s1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.boards.ie%2Fdiscussion%2F2058184576%2Fliverpool-fc-team-talk-gossip-rumours-2023-24%2Fp2240

An important point for Liverpool, Wolves and Brighton from the interview with Dorival Júnior that I did for
@TNTSportsBR
: he says that the injuries to Alisson, Matheus Cunha and João Pedro remove them from the options for being called up for the games against England and Spain.

Alisson out for at least a month according to the Brazil coach

Back
Top Bottom