• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Injury Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair thats on the club, at no point did they say he was going to be out for 4 months, in fact we had multiple indications that he was a few days away from a return. Theyve repeatedly stressed there was no break, no ligament tears, no surgery, nothing about meniscus damage etc

We are a couple of months down the line and Ive still yet to see any specific discription of what his injury is other than 'impact to his knee' which is about as vague as you could possibly get.

I think we were all duped, maybe the player/club too, because nothing did break or tear.
However, it was rather obvious from the tackle he was lucky to have two legs to walk on afterward ... it was a terrible tackle.
Not sure why it's been misdiagnosed but if you give me x months to recover vs out of the year like VvD, I'll take the x months ... because he'll be the difference in many games (just like he should have been in that game but liVARpool ...)

That makes very little sense. Hes been out for 7 weeks, will miss another 4 at least and nobody from the club can say whats wrong with him. All theyve done is list the injuries that he doesnt have, which is what has lead to the constant specualation.

We either fucked up his initial assessment and it was much more serious than we were told, or the club cant actually find anything wrong with him but hes refusing to declare himself fit.

If he was black wed be saying he failed a drug test

Klopp just told the press why he hasnt been back yet today.
Why is that so hard to believe?
If its not possible to train because of the pain after the severity of the tackle and blow to the leg/knee, then it isnt yet.
Would you rather he did his ACL and was out for the season, just so that you can get a concrete diagnose?

A few weeks, lets hope he’s back training soon.
Laughable to suggest a player wouldnt want to be fit.

Dr David Archer, a sports scientist and expert in this field at the University of Sunderland, agrees with the Brazilians’ conclusions (research on 5 subs per match).

Dr Archer and his colleagues have previously documented how the intensity of the Premier League has increased dramatically in recent years, particularly in the number of short sprints players perform, which places even more strain on tired muscles, especially hamstrings. ‘The increase in injuries is not surprising,’ said Dr Archer. ‘More substitutions would be helpful.’

Liverpool will have been selected for the 12.30pm slot on a Saturday three times by the end of the year. Would delaying a team’s kick-off time by a few hours if they have played on the Wednesday make a difference?
‘The more recovery time the players get the better,’ said Dr Archer, who points out the early kick off disrupts players’ routines making it harder to fit in pre-match massages and other conditioning work, which can help protect them. ‘Even two-and-half hours would make a bit of a difference. An early kick-off does make things much harder.’

According to Premier Injuries, which compiles a database of injuries in the top flight, there have been 133 muscle injuries in total over the first nine match days of this Premier League season, a 23% increase compared to the same period last year.

A rough guide to the injuries this season.

Green - Started or played enough minutes worth talking about
Yellow - On the bench or played a minor number of minutes from the bench
Red - Injured / COVID
Grey - left out of the squad

bB6sGAm.png

Dortmund said on Twitter ahead of Wednesday's game: "Erling Haaland [hamstring injury] and Emre Can [muscular problems] are not available in today's squad. Haaland is set to miss the remainder of 2020.

Trent Alexander-Arnold is expected to return to Liverpool training this week, according to a report in The Athletic. Reds boss Jurgen Klopp said before the game with Ajax that Alexander-Arnold was edging closer to making his return. And now a report by James Pearce claims Alexander-Arnold will return to full training this week in a timely boost for the Reds.

That makes very little sense. Hes been out for 7 weeks, will miss another 4 at least and nobody from the club can say whats wrong with him. All theyve done is list the injuries that he doesnt have, which is what has lead to the constant specualation.

We either fucked up his initial assessment and it was much more serious than we were told, or the club cant actually find anything wrong with him but hes refusing to declare himself fit.

If he was black wed be saying he failed a drug test

You're assuming that the club has to say what is wrong. They have no obligation to do so. He's injured, they obviously know what the problem is and want to keep it to themselves.

"He's refusing to declare himself fit" Fuck off! lol

In another promising update, he said Thiago fluttered an eyelid when played his favourite song last night, and is expected to regain full consciousness within the next six months
Does that mean he’ll play in six months or just that he’ll have regained consciousness by then?

I guess I have to be the one to rain on everyone's parade, so here goes:

How is rehabilitation after an ACL reconstruction typically structured?

Phase I - First two weeks after surgery.

Phase II - two to six weeks after surgery.

Phase III - six weeks to three to four months after surgery.

Phase IV - four to six months after surgery. ...

Phase V - return to sport, usually at six months.

Looks like he's in Phase 2.

Phase II - Weeks 4-6

Emphasis:

Strengthening - light weights and sports cords

Full range of motion

Continued protection of the graft from stresses

Improvement of endurance and proprioception - use of treadmill, step machine and elliptical trainer

So he's still got a long way to go.
OK, he might be back sometime close to the end of the season, I think he will be picked by the Dutch national team for the Euro's.

Didnt Rio Ferdinand get injured stretching after the remote to change the channel om his tv?

Phase II - Weeks 4-6

Emphasis:

Full range of motion

Improvement of endurance and proprioception - use of treadmill, step machine and elliptical trainer

OK, he might be back sometime close to the end of the season, I think he will be picked by the Dutch national team for the Euro's.
At phase 2 would he be capable of beating Pickford to death with his new detachable limb?

Didnt Rio Ferdinand get injured stretching after the remote to change the channel om his tv?

Didn’t we have a keeper once that dislocated his shoulder while ironing- Steensgard or something?

Phase II - Weeks 4-6

Emphasis:

Full range of motion

Virgil is at phase 9. You better believe it, worm.

Didn’t we have a keeper once that dislocated his shoulder while ironing- Steensgard or something?
We did. He retired really early in his career due to the amount of injuies he was getting, then attempted a comeback quite a few years later.

To demonstrate the insanity of our injury list (11, inc. Hendo and Robbo who have slight issues but should be back - 75% - for Wolves) it's at least 3 more than any other team in the PL : Chelsea have just a single player out (Ziyech) as do City (Aguero). Happily the injuries are starting to mount for United (5) and Spurs (6).

Phase II - Weeks 4-6

Emphasis:

Full range of motion

It's something like that. However, rehab has moved away doing X at certain timeframe. It is all about function, strength and sport specific goals/targets. Yes, this is careful navigated in the early phase in order to protect the graft used to undertake the reconstruction of the ACL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom