• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • Repeating an offer I made a while ago. If anyone wants me to change their username then just DM me (@Dee)

Injury Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unofficial reports according to Liverpool.no says 6-9 weeks, but to early to tell in regards to swelling.
But not thought to be to serious. Will not play again in 2020, sadly 🙁

Look, I don't mind twats on twitter pretending that guesses about transfers are true, but it really pisses me off when idiots respond to news that a' knock' will be assessed by 'reporting' exactly what it is, how long it will mean out, and whose mistake it was. WAIT UNTIL THE FUCKING MEDICAL STAFF KNOW!

Maybe wait until they actually assess the knee before getting the torches and pitchforks out, eh?
While I would usually agree with you on this..

Its curious for a manager who has consistently campaigned for 5 subs, complained about kick off times, complained about the amount of games...

To pick such a strong side to even travel to Denmark, when he could have given them a weeks rest.

Now, don't get me wrong... Klopp is amazing. I'm just saying, it's a baffling decision.

Not many people get ligament damage sat on the sofa at home watching the match on TV.
Unless your Rio Ferdinand forgetting to move his legs while concentrating on his playstation... or David James stretching for the remote*

*these may not have have been ligament injuries. But funny none the less.

Look, I don't mind twats on twitter pretending that guesses about transfers are true, but it really pisses me off when idiots respond to news that a' knock' will be assessed by 'reporting' exactly what it is, how long it will mean out, and whose mistake it was. WAIT UNTIL THE FUCKING MEDICAL STAFF KNOW!
This

The same medical staff that assessed Thiagos knee injury? Or Oxs against Roma. We should find out around March.

That’s super frustrating if true.

Hard to take losing a key player to injury in a dead rubber game that should’ve seen what’s left of our first team squad relaxing at home.

What a weird decision that was, playing Jota and Salah for 90 minutes in a meaningless game in an empty stadium at a Danish farm just ahead of the busy December schedule

I believe over the next 3 weeks we have an average of 4.5 days on average between each game which apparently is the longest in the league so guess will just have to manage it as not much can do really.

Maybe wait until they actually assess the knee before getting the torches and pitchforks out, eh?

Obviously I hope Jota is fine and can kick a ball tomorrow

But if he's injured, for 1 game or 100 games, it's entirely on klopp.

It's not pitchforks, he's still a great manager, but he loses the grace of moaning about 5 subs and the schedule, when he had a game he could have literally played the u-23s, and still risked our most potent attackers.

Obviously I hope Jota is fine and can kick a ball tomorrow

But if he's injured, for 1 game or 100 games, it's entirely on klopp.

It's not pitchforks, he's still a great manager, but he loses the grace of moaning about 5 subs and the schedule, when he had a game he could have literally played the u-23s, and still risked our most potent attackers.
Yes, this is the second European game in a row where Klopp hasn't used all available subs.
I can understand playing certain players for fitness reasons, but he messed up this time.

Yup, if true, Klopp has less to stand on with his complaints in England because he doesn't take the opportunity to rest the team when he has it ...

Not that I disagree about what Klopp should have done, but having 5 subs in league games shouldnt be in the same discussion.
Injuring your ligaments after a tackle isnt the same as pulling up with a strain after playing 3 x 90 mins games in a week.
That can happen anywhere regardless of playing time, and not really something you can protect your players from.

Not that I disagree about what Klopp should have done, but having 5 subs in league games shouldnt be in the same discussion.
Injuring your ligaments after a tackle isnt the same as pulling up with a strain after playing 3 x 90 mins games in a week.
That can happen anywhere regardless of playing time, and not really something you can protect your players from.

You're right, it isn't the same

But klopp is still willing to risk players when he doesn't have to, so why on earth should anyone take his criticisms over anything seriously when he himself doesnt look after his own players

You're right, it isn't the same

But klopp is still willing to risk players when he doesn't have to, so why on earth should anyone take his criticisms over anything seriously when he himself doesnt look after his own players

Plus the mad fucker seems to think that these plonkers Minamino and Origi have any use!

Outrage!!!

Driving me nuts this injury crisis. As soon as someone is close to a return another one goes down. No other club comes even close to us (arguable estimates re. 1st team players missing) :

Liverpool 9 - 4 : inc. Thiago, VvD, Gomez, Becker, Jota, Milner
Villa 7 - 3
Brighton 6 - 3
Arsenal 6 - 2
Newcastle 5 - 4
Leicester 5 - 3
Burnley 5 - 3
Everton 5 - 3
Palace 5 - 1
4 Out : Leeds, Sheff Utd., WBA
Wolves 3 - 2
Chelsea 3 - 1
City 2 - 2

West Ham 2 - 2
Spurs 2 - 1
United 2 - 0

Fulham 2

I think the fact we have relied heavily on the same group of players for 3 long seasons of very high intensity football has put us in a bad position relative to most other side in terms of cumulative wear on players. Some of our players looked burnt out by the end of last season. What we are seeing now is a continuation of that combined with the usual players who can never be relied upon to stay fit - Ox, Keita, Shaq

Its going to be a revolving door of injuries from now til May. We could help ourselves by binning the FA cup, not playing first teamers in meaningless games and signing some defenders in Jan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom