• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Is Shelvey The Messiah ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He will be

He has all that raw energy and ability of Gerrard, he just needs the mindset to focus on his weaknesses.

Does he have that? I've no clue.

He is average and needs to loose weight quickly or he will find himself playing for charlton athletic where we first found him.

Regarding his looks - its very common in the South East and often the name given to that type of look is ... "Cuntish".

In terms of is he the Mesiah - No, thats Jesus.

But is he the ultimate replacement for SG - no because he has not been given a run of games to prove himself. In my view - you cannot ask someone to come off the bench and play once in a while and expect him to be great especially at that age. Ain't gonna happen even if he has started this particular game.

He will be

He has all that raw energy and ability of Gerrard, he just needs the mindset to focus on his weaknesses.

Does he have that? I've no clue.
He does fucking not have the ability of Gerrard.
He can pick a pass thats it. He loses the ball to much, he is careless in possession, he jumps into challenges, he plays with his head down.
He has a long way to go if he is to become a player.

Regarding his looks - its very common in the South East and often the name given to that type of look is ... "Cuntish".

In terms of is he the Mesiah - No, thats Jesus.

But is he the ultimate replacement for SG - no because he has not been given a run of games to prove himself. In my view - you cannot ask someone to come off the bench and play once in a while and expect him to be great especially at that age. Ain't gonna happen even if he has started this particular game.

He doesn't look cuntish. He looks like he should be starring in a stage adaption of The Wizard of Oz or something

He does fucking not have the ability of Gerrard.
He can pick a pass thats it. He loses the ball to much, he is careless in possession, he jumps into challenges, he plays with his head down.
He has a long way to go if he is to become a player.

*shrugs *

109088656_display_image.jpg

Finally people are realising I've been right along about this overrated but promising youngster.

His lack of pace and dynamism will find him out in the top tier but he'll make a decent bottom 6 premier/top championship player. A bit like Kevin Nolan or something.

Hes just a kid. Hes got plenty of time to grow into a player like Gerrard. He isnt anywhere near good enough yet.

That's fair, I only shrugged because I disagree. I think he does have the talent. The brains? We'll need to see

Wow, I didn't think anyone could top Ryan's "half-wit" comment.
Good work.

He's fucking class. He played an inch perfect slide rule pass to Borini today. And he sets up a clear cut chance almost every game he plays. The cool and calm in possession is all he'll need to develop into a monster of a player for Rodgers. He's by no means there as he a has a lot to iron out in his game but he's worth the investment of time because he can truly create.

TBF, Shelvey's performance tonight was his worst performance for us IMO, and he still wasn't the worst player out there. He's looked bright, if not a bit loose in possession as others have said, every other time I've seen him so I'd just chalk it up to early season (iffy) form.

Wow, so much hate and vitriol for an alopecia sufferer.

So he's cuntish and leukemia boy?

People can just fuck the fuck off and fuck themselves.

FUCKERS.

I quite like him, but he's not developing very quickly.

When Gerrard came along he was producing moments of breath-taking quality straight away. Comparisons between a young Gerrard and a young Shelvey are insane.

He can't be compared to Gerrard, as straight off the bat he's got nowhere near the athleticism and speed Gerrard had.
He doesn't have the thunderbolt shots young Gerrard had either.
He's pretty rash in his tackles, and that's about the only similarity, though most of Gerrard's tackling was pretty damn impressive when he started off.

He makes good passes and takes up decent positions and is tall. That's about it.

Don't get the Shelvey love myself. He's all balls and no brains.

Ditto. I just don't see why others think he is the Messiah, better than Spearing but not even at Adam's level yet. Will be on the bench at best when/if Şahin arrives.

He had a poor game last night by his recent standards, he's also looked really good at times too recently.

He's infinitely more eager, confident and adventurous than Henderson. Despite being a bit off the boil last night, he still dropped into good positions and played some great long range balls, one of which should have seen Borini one on one again, but for a strange offside being given. He's a good player, he needs to cut out the stupid fouls (Lucas anyone?) and he needs to hold his position a bit better. Like I said though, he's still a kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom