• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Is Shelvey The Messiah ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I felt Shelvey, like the rest of the team, held his own in the first half, taking good care of the ball and playing very patiently. The second half though, was a different story for him and the rest of the team. He is 20 and still learning the trade. Sterling and Suso are bound to have their bad spells of form at some point as well.

I felt Shelvey, like the rest of the team, held his own in the first half, taking good care of the ball and playing very patiently. The second half though, was a different story for him and the rest of the team. He is 20 and still learning the trade. Sterling and Suso are bound to have their bad spells of form at some point as well.
Yep, and hopefully they won't be hounded in the same manner. But they will be. Some people have no perspective.

Yep, and hopefully they won't be hounded in the same manner. But they will be. Some people have no perspective.

hounded? It might just be that some on here (me included) feel the need to provide some balance (perspective) to all this infantile "messiah" crap that's been spouted about him for ages before anyone responded.

hounded? It might just be that some on here (me included) feel the need to provide some balance (perspective) to all this infantile "messiah" crap that's been spouted about him for ages before anyone responded.
*faints*

I don't really see the logic in fans on the one hand rejoicing that young players are coming into the team while on the other hand rushing to dismiss them after a few matches. Is it a fear of being had? Of making a fool of yourself for being excited by the first sign of form? Most young players go through that stage early on in the first team when physically they suddenly feel shattered and mentally they feel overwhelmed with fatigue. Then they get a rest and come back refreshed and much more able to cope. Just give them a break for chrissakes.

I don't really see the logic in fans on the one hand rejoicing that young players are coming into the team while on the other hand rushing to dismiss them after a few matches. Is it a fear of being had? Of making a fool of yourself for being excited by the first sign of form? Most young players go through that stage early on in the first team when physically they suddenly feel shattered and mentally they feel overwhelmed with fatigue. Then they get a rest and come back refreshed and much more able to cope. Just give them a break for chrissakes.

This is very good post GK. People seem to think that either you are Robbie Fowler, and carry on that instant success combined with a passionable love for the club, or you are nothing. There are very few that will brake through when young, and keep a steady form.... Of course there are examples (OWen and Rooney to mention a few) but normally we need to nuture them into putting in steady performances. We cant expect the same from a 20 year old as from a 28 year old. They mature differently and they develop differently. I like what I see of Sterling, but I accept the fact that he might fade quite a bit after xmas as his is played week in week out and asked to carry this team.

Agree with that, but surely it defeats the joy of being a fan? Moments of escapism where we can be fanatical and irrational on trivial points. Like the tides, we'll come in and and go, but we'll always be there.

I don't see what joy is to be had from dismissing 17/18 year old kids, or even older, after a few matches. Other than that I do really get your point and accept it. I just wish the fans would invest a tiny bit more empathy in these kids and will them on.

I don't see it with him. He seems a bit slow. I've been wrong before. For me Suso has shown glimpses of real sublime talent and could become a handsome Peter Beardsley, one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom