• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Is Shelvey The Messiah ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shelvey has great potential, but like every other youngster he will have good games and bad ones as he's still learning. Great talent and easily ahead of henderson. Whoever it was who spotted him did a great job as he has a big future here. To be honest as much as i love gerrard i would drop him and start shelvey instead. Gerrard has cost us goals in every game so far and he's still trying to be too maverick for my liking. Rather that trying to keep the ball he keeps trying to force the issue. Players should be picked on form, and right now gerrard isn't in good form.

One of Rafa's last signings.

Tbf he was well known and doing well for charlton. Surprised no one else went for him though, so Rafa did a great job

Rafa initially played down Shelvey saying he didn't know much about the signing, saying "you will have to ask....." can't remember who, it was around the time Kenny was given a role at the club and there was much talk of the signing being alot to do with Kenny and Rafa being miffed he wasn't getting full say over transfers. Whoever did it anyway, he was hardly an unknown but it was a great coup bringing him here.

Rafa initially played down Shelvey saying he didn't know much about the signing, saying "you will have to ask....." can't remember who, it was around the time Kenny was given a role at the club and there was much talk of the signing being alot to do with Kenny and Rafa being miffed he wasn't getting full say over transfers. Whoever did it anyway, he was hardly an unknown but it was a great coup bringing him here.

There won't be much left over of Kenny's signings - either memories on the pitch or just players at our club. So let's hope Shelvey turns out to be gold.

I have high hopes that Rodgers will instill some tactical discipline and awareness in him, he isnt as fast as Stevie but he has more time to correct the glaring weaknesses in his game.

For all his obvious assets its a shame Gerrard never had a coach like that during his formative years, Houllier just moved him around a bit because he couldnt be trusted in the middle of the park and Rafa built a midfield to compensate for his lack of discipline rather than teaching him to correct it.

He has a cracking shot and knows where the goal is, he's going to score a cracker soon.

Added Brizzle and Red Astaire. No one questioned me when I added BR to the list as soon as he became Manager. But since then Shelvey has played loads and has been given a new contract so I was probably right. I'm thinking I am going to close admission when this list gets to #33. :)

Shelvey is fucking shit. He's bald and slow and always playing pointless Hollywood balls, plus he's fucking clumsy in the tackle. We need a lot less Shelvey and a lot more Jordan Henderson.

Long live Hendo.

Shelvey is fucking shit. He's bald and slow and always playing pointless Hollywood balls, plus he's fucking clumsy in the tackle. We need a lot less Shelvey and a lot more Jordan Henderson.

Long live Hendo.
Good...... GOD man!

Added Brizzle and Red Astaire. No one questioned me when I added BR to the list as soon as he became Manager. But since then Shelvey has played loads and has been given a new contract so I was probably right. I'm thinking I am going to close admission when this list gets to #33. :)

I'm the biggest champion of them all, where the fucks my name?!

Long live Hendo.
Ha ha! Too funny!

He's 19 and a decent player who can improve further. He's never going to be the next LFC footballing messiah though. He's just not that good.

Reality.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom