• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Jadon Sancho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buddha

Very Well-Known
Various reports that utd knocked back a cheeky loan offer from Dortmund (;)) but would consider offers around roughly half what they paid a couple of years ago…putting him squarely in our 35-40m sweet spot.

I wouldn’t be against - providing they’d consider selling to us - Klopp making a bid to resurrect what was the most promising of early careers and giving him the opportunity to understudy Salah for a year in readiness for the inevitable loss of Mo.

Thoughts?

I'd absolute take him if Utd wanted to sell to us for that price.

Always admired the guy (which is pretty rare of me to say for another Englishman tbh), Klopp could easily guide him back on track and make him become the star
he once was at BVB.

If he cant hack it mentally at Utd then I’d have my reservations about him joining us. There is a good player in there, though.

No thanks. Plenty of talent but lacks the maturity and backbone needed. Thrived in the Bundesliga but not up to the challenge of regular Premiership football

100% on board if it could work.
a) he'd want to prove himself
b) he'd know he could tell man u to fuck off in the biggest way possible if it he did it with us - big motivator
c) klopp is a guru with attacking players
d) not that much pressure in year 1 (or even 2) playing behind salah

No thanks. Another overrated English player. His work rate and tracking back is shit. Plus his wages would be a joke.

If he cant hack it mentally at Utd then I’d have my reservations about him joining us. There is a good player in there, though.

I think we'd support him through a dodgy start (if he had one) and having the fans onside I'd imagine takes the burden off. Christ, we love an underdog

We took a young Sturridge around the same age as Jadon is now....he had a decent loan spell at Bolton but struggled really for game time at Chelsea.

We saw the talent he had and thought we could do something with him.

Rest is history.

We took a young Sturridge around the same age as Jadon is now....he had a decent loan spell at Bolton but struggled really for game time at Chelsea.

We saw the talent he had and thought we could do something with him.

Rest is history.

Have you heard Sancho in interviews? He's not very bright. I'm not surprised he's flopped.

Studge was intelligent and charismatic, as well as having footballing ability.

Have you heard Sancho in interviews? He's not very bright. I'm not surprised he's flopped.

Studge was intelligent and charismatic, as well as having footballing ability.

99% of footballers come across as "not very bright" for me, you have the odd few who have half a brain but they're very lucky to be gifted footballers because if it weren't for football I doubt many would be in well paid jobs in business or economics for example....more like models or media personalities which there's nothing wrong with and can be very rewarding.....but doesn't take much tools in the brain to be successful at.

Ahhhh don't say that JJ, not today!!!!

Ha. Point taken, but Bobby also did well there, then thrived when he came to us (ditto Klopp himself while I think of it). The key to this is in the personality of each individual. Those guys are grown-ups whereas Sancho still doesn't seem to be, and may never reach that stage at the rate he's going. Pity, because there's definitely ability there and maybe he'd settle in OK at a midtable club, but I wouldn't bet on it.

He’s on insane wages but a good manager could bring him to a decent level. He was never worth what Man U paid for him in the first place.

So why is he’s now being considered worth half that with today’s crazy fees and mad English premium?

Well because Utd have run out of patience with him after 2 years of flattering to deceive I guess you could call it to the point where he's out of favour with ETH.

One man's loss is another man's treasure.

£40m isn't exactly pocket change & I only think they'd consider that from non-english clubs tbh, they'd probably look to get 10-20m more from English sides.

Liverpool value Elliott Jones & Gomez for £20m.

Talk about 144p quality…..

There’s another photo in the comments (much better quality) and quelle surprise, no dramas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom