• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Jan Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're obviously knee deep into January now. So here's a name that I think could actually happen.

Mats Wieffer.

Young, but not too young and looks like a young Dirk Kuyt before the bus ran over his face.

Seems to have all the qualities our managers look for in a "DM".

Eredivise fans seem to rate him.

Because if I ask a top top top top * 1000 red like yourself or @StevieM - then I know that all you would say is:

"Why do we need anyone ? - we are second in the league - a point behind Man City (what's new eh ?), we almost won the quad a couple of seasons ago, shut the fuck up Moron, you don't know anything, just get behind the team and the manager".

At least our Blue - has a desire to improve upon what we have and definitely sees the shortcomings of the team. I admit that Blue's ideas of replacements are not all that, but he is willing to admit that there are a few problems that need to be fixed through new signings.

For the record - I think I would not mind us going for that Nouri chap from Wolves if those links are real, but DM is a must - I think that's all we need an active DM who is more of a Bissouma type. My preference is Youssef Foffana based on stats reported on him by some of the spaces. But am willing to admit what the fuck do I know - I was in my desperation crying out for us to get Sangare - and he is proving to be not that good and neither is Ambrobat. But I don't really rate Andre that much, as I think we need some physical presence as well, and not sure he could cope in our league as well as he can in Brazil.

This is the bit you don’t seem to get.

I love a good signing - but they have to be realistic, actually be an improvement on what we have and fit into the team.

We need a DM because we’ve really only got one proper one and I’m not convinced by him, we could use an additional CB and we could probably look at RW & LB cover - though none are super essential - the DM probably the most pressing.

What Bluebell wants is just signings - he doesn’t really care who - he just wants more players.

I don’t have a desire to sign every player on the planet or the latest player who’s had a decent game or the latest player to get a TikTok reel or be linked to us by some clickbait site that made it up.

I love a good signing - but they have to be realistic, actually be an improvement on what we have and fit into the team.

We need a DM because we’ve really only got one proper one and I’m not convinced by him, we could use an additional CB and we could probably look at RW & LB cover - though none are super essential - the DM probably the most pressing.

What Bluebell wants is just signings - he doesn’t really care who - he just wants more players.

I don’t have a desire to sign every player on the planet or the latest player who’s had a decent game or the latest player to get a TikTok reel or be linked to us by some clickbait site that made it up.

I only mention you coz you are a top red ,and consider you one of my best ever friends on this site. Please make sure you like my post.

I honestly have no idea who we should sign for DM, because quite frankly I hate DM's - I can't stand them, its the most boring piece of shit position position in any football team, usually manned by the most unskilled player on the pitch. Fucking hate them, - I could not sleep at the thought of paying 30M for someone like Andre - did you see him in that final game ? - he did fuck all like most DM's, even the commentator during the match said something like "they (DM's) used to be ten a penny..." obviously it's not the case now, but I still think they should be ten a penny.

Sorry - just add - it's one of Blue's endearing qualities - that he just wants to sign players all the time and comes out with all these names. I honestly thinks he watches our games and is always thinking "if we had such and such a player he would do make x happen..". But I like Blue - you are guaranteed to get names you have never heard of and ones you don't want to hear.

Whoa! How many seasons have I been going about getting MFs. That Endo signing left me discombobulated, WTF £20m for a 31 year old, when we could have got much younger and better CDMs for far less.
Here's my thing, I see Salah maybe leaving but if he stays, we will get diminishing returns. Niko will be cheap in the summer
So if I was in the club, this is what would be on my list
Niko Williams - RW
CDM
and CB. With the CDM being my top priority

Whoa! How many seasons have I been going about getting MFs. That Endo signing left me discombobulated, WTF £20m for a 31 year old, when we could have got much younger and better CDMs for far less.
Here's my thing, I see Salah maybe leaving but if he stays, we will get diminishing returns. Niko will be cheap in the summer
So if I was in the club, this is what would be on my list
Niko Williams - RW
CDM
and CB. With the CDM being my top priority

First off, it was £16m
Secondly, you've got to think of the intangibles he brings to the team.

I do think he'll only be here for a good time, not a long time.

First off, it was £16m
Secondly, you've got to think of the intangibles he brings to the team.

I do think he'll only be here for a good time, not a long time.
I think we needed some maturity in the team as all our experience kinda left in the summer amd others are gonna leave next season, also he is captain of japan so he understands responsibility.

I think we needed some maturity in the team as all our experience kinda left in the summer amd others are gonna leave next season, also he is captain of japan so he understands responsibility.

and most importantly he has seen snow before

I only mention you coz you are a top red ,and consider you one of my best ever friends on this site. Please make sure you like my post.

I honestly have no idea who we should sign for DM, because quite frankly I hate DM's - I can't stand them, its the most boring piece of shit position position in any football team, usually manned by the most unskilled player on the pitch. Fucking hate them, - I could not sleep at the thought of paying 30M for someone like Andre - did you see him in that final game ? - he did fuck all like most DM's, even the commentator during the match said something like "they (DM's) used to be ten a penny..." obviously it's not the case now, but I still think they should be ten a penny.

Sorry - just add - it's one of Blue's endearing qualities - that he just wants to sign players all the time and comes out with all these names. I honestly thinks he watches our games and is always thinking "if we had such and such a player he would do make x happen..". But I like Blue - you are guaranteed to get names you have never heard of and ones you don't want to hear.

Since you asked me to like your post… I shan’t.

Anf I’m no fucking “top red”…. I’m at least a “top top top red” by now!!!!

What's all the commotion about with this fella?
[article] Liverpool are reportedly favourites to sign Lloyd Kelly in the January window after it emerged that Bournemouth would be unable to resist a lowly offer for the defender, who also figures highly on Tottenham and Newcastle United’s wish lists. [/article]

Very cheap with 6M remaining on his contract and is decent squad option. Within two years, hopefully Klopp will address the back line. Trent goes in MF, VVD becomes bit part if his performances starts to wane. With Konate, Matip, Robbo and Tsimikas all gone

And do you know who else is cheap, and has bundle of prem experience - Soucek. He is young at only 28. I am only mentioning it because our owners are tight. I am not saying we should Andre, but we need altertanitives should Andre find himself being persuaded to go elsewhere.

Last edited:

He’s going to be A LOT more expensive than the £25 million quoted last summer. Why couldn’t we sign him and loan to Fluminense like we did with Naby?

He’s going to be A LOT more expensive than the £25 million quoted last summer. Why couldn’t we sign him and loan to Fluminense like we did with Naby?

Guessing their president knew that his value would just increase.

To quote a dummy on scm, who are we as fans to question managements decisions, whether it be team selections, tactics, recruitment or something else. After all they always know best, so they’ll have their reasons which none of us will be aware of :rolleyes:…..except it’ll probably be down to money because it’s always ends up being about money.

Let’s see what he ends up going for, my guess is 25-30m to a club not named Liverpool.

Last edited:
I can, Spanish Naby sees more of the treatment room than the football pitch.
@moron look very, very good

If we get a DM - I want to see someone that moves like Michael Essien for us, pace/power/and can do tackles by going to ground. That's what I want a DM, not these slow trains. At the moment there is only one type of player I like who plays like him and thats Bissouma and we aint' getting him. So find someone like him and we are sorted.

To quote a dummy on scm, who are we as fans to question managements decisions, whether it be team selections, tactics, recruitment or something else. After all they always know best, so they’ll have their reasons which none of us will be aware of :rolleyes:…..except it’ll probably be down to money because it’s always ends up being about money.

Let’s see what he ends up going for, my guess is 25-30m to a club not named Liverpool.

Chelsea

If we get a DM - I want to see someone that moves like Michael Essien for us, pace/power/and can do tackles by going to ground. That's what I want a DM, not these slow trains. At the moment there is only one type of player I like who plays like him and thats Bissouma and we aint' getting him. So find someone like him and we are sorted.
André and Thuram are that type, I want a player that will protect the back 4, as that's the primary function, we had Fabs who was slow but at one point considered the best 6 in the world.

André and Thuram are that type, I want a player that will protect the back 4, as that's the primary function, we had Fabs who was slow but at one point considered the best 6 in the world.
Thuram is so tall can he even get to the ground ?

Yes please! LFC should just let him go free, and save £5-6m on wages alone.
[article]
Liverpool's Spanish midfielder Thiago Alcantara, 32, is among the options Barcelona could consider as they look to replace injured 19-year-old Spain international Gavi. (90min)
[/article]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom