• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Jan Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluebell

Well-Known
I think it was @Fabio waxing lyrical about this kid. He is 23, though the article says he can play CB, he hasn't played CB at club level since 18/19 season and them it was only two games
[article]
EXCLUSIVE: Liverpool interested in €20m-rated Yukinari Sugawara

2 HOURS AGO
ANDY HEADSPEATH

Liverpool are interested in right back Yukinari Sugawara, Anfield Watch understands.
The 23-year-old is a six-cap Japan international, currently playing for AZ Alkmaar in the Netherlands.
Suguwara, a versatile operator who has also featured at right wing and even at centre back, is viewed by Liverpool as a player who could potentially shadow Trent Alexander-Arnold.
The former Nagoya Grampus star, who moved to Europe back in 2019, has less than two years remaining on his current contract at AZ and could be available for as little as €20m (£17m).
Focussing instead on their much-discussed midfield rebuild, Liverpool did not sign any defensive cover for the first-team squad during the summer transfer window. However, it has been widely reported that the area remains a priority to strengthen in upcoming windows.
With Calvin Ramsay heading out on loan to Preston North End for the 2023/24 season, 20-year-old Conor Bradley had been expected to step in as Alexander-Arnold's right back understudy, but a reported stress fracture to his back means he is unlikely to be available until at least November.
Meanwhile, Virgil van Dijk's two-match suspension and Ibrahima Konate's latest injury have brought concerns to the fore about the Reds' lack of depth across the backline.
Suguwara made 47 appearances in all competitions for AZ in 2022/23 and was a regular as his side made it to the Europa Conference League semi finals before being eliminated by West Ham.
He scored three times and registered eight assists in last season's Eredivisie, while he has one assist to his name so far in 2023/24.
The 23-year-old also started Japan's 4-1 victory over Germany during the September internationals, alongside new Liverpool signing Wataru Endo.
[/article]

You are absolutely incorrect about me identifying a player

Was ace against Germany, think he created the first 2 goals. Sign him up. As well as that Felix Torres chap who scored twice last night.
  • Sugawara
  • Torres
  • Andre
& get Adrian and Thiago out.

Tidy little Jan window that.

Last edited:
Maybe he is targeted as Salah's backup rather than TAA's :p

Untitled.jpg
Untitled2.jpg

indy kallia reporting Max Eberl had meetings with LFC chiefs in becoming the new Sporting Director. Ward only has an advisory role. Just give the role to Pep, and save on the extra salary.

I'd sell immediately but I doubt he'd wanna go to the shitty Turkish league.

Quite scary to live in that part of the world as well with all the natural disasters going on.

After much deliberation, FSG sanctioned the outlay [full release clause]. That Szoboszlai scored so highly on director of research Will Spearman’s data model played a part [in the decision to pay the release clause]. - @JamesPearceLFC

This is interesting, and suggests that the club is in a better place then some think.

After much deliberation, FSG sanctioned the outlay [full release clause]. That Szoboszlai scored so highly on director of research Will Spearman’s data model played a part [in the decision to pay the release clause]. - @JamesPearceLFC

This is interesting, and suggests that the club is in a better place then some think.

I don’t like where you are going with this. Are you suggesting Klopp does listen to sports science and doesn’t think world is indeed flat.

Just want to clarify that I don't mind signing Andre, even though it doesn't make much sense. Barella is an established top class player, I think he'd do well in the Prem. In all honesty signing Barella doesn't make much sense either and he's not really a DM. Also, what kind of signal does it send to Jones, Gravenberch, Elliott and Bajectic?

Just want to clarify that I don't mind signing Andre, even though it doesn't make much sense. Barella is an established top class player, I think he'd do well in the Prem. In all honesty signing Barella doesn't make much sense either and he's not really a DM. Also, what kind of signal does it send to Jones, Gravenberch, Elliott and Bajectic?

Every chance that if we sign barella (which we won't), I think Szob will be moved to RW for when salah goes, so barella goes RCM.
If we get Andre as well, then i've no fucking clue.

But we'll probably just get andre to sit deepest

Every chance that if we sign barella (which we won't), I think Szob will be moved to RW for when salah goes, so barella goes RCM.
If we get Andre as well, then i've no fucking clue.

But we'll probably just get andre to sit deepest
You think so? Szobo is vital for us in midfield.
Will he be as effective from the RW?

You think so? Szobo is vital for us in midfield.
Will he be as effective from the RW?

He's great, but he's 4 games in for us, so I can't say he's irreplaceable. Every chance barella could be even better.

I doubt it'll happen though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom