• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Jan Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
And yet you reckon West Ham will let Soucek go for 2M.
[xtable]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}
[xtable]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=rowspan:2}
342229-1682683695.jpg
{/td}
{td}Kylian Mbappé{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Centre-Forward{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]{/td}

{td}24{/td}
{td}
{/td}

{td}
[xtable]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=rowspan:3} {/td}
{td}Paris SG{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td} Ligue 1{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]{/td}

{td}€180.00m {/td}
{td}1{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}
[xtable]
{tbody}
{tr}
182913-1681462009.jpg
{/td}
{td}Adrien Rabiot{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Central Midfield{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]{/td}

{td}28{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}
[xtable]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=rowspan:2} {/td}
{td}Juventus{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td} Serie A{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]{/td}

{td}€40.00m {/td}
{td}-{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}
[xtable]
{tbody}
{tr}
283628-1693826553.jpg
{/td}
{td}Tomas Soucek{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Defensive Midfield{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]{/td}

{td}28{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}
[xtable]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}West Ham{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}
189.png
Premier League{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]{/td}

{td}€35.00m {/td}
{td}-{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}
[xtable]
{tbody}
{tr}
181136-1692962961.jpg
{/td}
{td}Piotr Zielinski{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]{/td}

{td}29{/td}
{td}
135.png
{/td}
{td}
[xtable]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=rowspan:2}{/td}
{td}SSC Napoli{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}
75.png
Serie A{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]{/td}

{td}€35.00m {/td}
{td}-{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}
[xtable]
{tbody}
{tr}
709187-1686661249.jpg
{/td}
{td}Nico Williams {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Right Winger{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]{/td}

{td}21{/td}
{td}
157.png

54.png
{/td}
{td}
[xtable]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}Athletic{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}
157.png
LaLiga{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]{/td}

{td}€30.00m {/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

I don't know if West Ham would let him go in Jan and bank £2m or lose him for free in the summer and get 6 months out of him. Let's say that he was available in Jan, would you be okay/happy with it? Low cost, prem proven, experienced albeit heading towards 29. The likelihood we sign him on a free is closer to 0 than 100 in the summer any way. I don't think he is on Klopp's radar

Soucek is so far from a Liverpool signing that I dont even know where to begin.
This is a good response, it evaluates the player.
Our MF looks great when we have Dom and Ali Mac but these two need a break. If Endo isn't improving, what are the options for a 6? Youssef Fofana? Again would be cheap, his contract too ends in the summer 2024

This is a good response, it evaluates the player.
Our MF looks great when we have Dom and Ali Mac but these two need a break. If Endo isn't improving, what are the options for a 6? Youssef Fofana? Again would be cheap, his contract too ends in the summer 2024

Options…. Other than Badger, Curtis, Thiago & Gravy, with Morton returning next summer?

[xtable=skin1]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}
[xtable=skin1]
{tbody}
{tr}
342229-1682683695.jpg
{/td}
{td}Kylian Mbappé{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Centre-Forward{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]{/td}

{td}24{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}
[xtable=skin1]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=rowspan:3} {/td}
{td}Paris SG{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td} Ligue 1{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]{/td}

{td}€180.00m {/td}
{td}1{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}
[xtable=skin1]
{tbody}
{tr}
182913-1681462009.jpg
{/td}
{td}Adrien Rabiot{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]{/td}

{td}28{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}
[xtable=skin1]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}Juventus{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td} Serie A{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]{/td}

{td}€40.00m {/td}
{td}-{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}
[xtable=skin1]
{tbody}
{tr}
283628-1693826553.jpg
{/td}
{td}Tomas Soucek{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Defensive Midfield{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]{/td}

{td}28{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}
[xtable=skin1]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}West Ham{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}
189.png
Premier League{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]{/td}

{td}€35.00m {/td}
{td}-{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}
[xtable=skin1]
{tbody}
{tr}
181136-1692962961.jpg
{/td}
{td}Piotr Zielinski{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]{/td}

{td}29{/td}
{td}
135.png
{/td}
{td}
[xtable=skin1]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}SSC Napoli{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}
75.png
Serie A{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]{/td}

{td}€35.00m {/td}
{td}-{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}
[xtable=skin1]
{tbody}
{tr}
709187-1686661249.jpg
{/td}
{td}Nico Williams {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Right Winger{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]{/td}

{td}21{/td}
{td}
157.png

54.png
{/td}
{td}
[xtable=skin1]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}Athletic{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}
157.png
LaLiga{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]{/td}

{td}€30.00m {/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
I don't know if West Ham would let him go in Jan and bank £2m or lose him for free in the summer and get 6 months out of him. Let's say that he was available in Jan, would you be okay/happy with it? Low cost, prem proven, experienced albeit heading towards 29. The likelihood we sign him on a free is closer to 0 than 100 in the summer any way. I don't think he is on Klopp's radar

Let me see if I get this right - you’re suggesting we sign a player that Klopp wouldn’t want, for a team that he wouldn’t suit, in a role we don’t need him for, at a price you made up.

Let's be honest come Jan we're unlikely to get anyone. If Thaigo does go in Jan, that leaves the door open to get another MF, and if Endo isn't adapting, then Soucek who will only have 6 months left could be an option for £2-5m, you can still get Andre. Don't get me wrong, I want Endo to succeed but I am having my doubts.
As to the CB options, Tosin is in the mould of Konate and Kelly is a ball carrying CB who is able to take the ball from defence to MF.
Hopefully our @King Binny can give us some stats on either CBs (that's if he wants to and has time) and as always we're eternally grateful.
He's looking pretty beat up to tell you the truth so yes sell in January (though looks like a write-off).

images

None of those are in any way comparable to Thiago - not least because, he can sign a pre-contract agreement in January.

We “might” get a couple of million, but that’s in the realms of we may as well have him keep him as a cadaver for the medical team to practice on for 6months.

We “probably” don’t need another midfielder even if Thiago goes.
That depends if, come January its showing that we have a good chance of chasing the title and we need reinforcement to get us over the line.

Whether or not I'm happy with it makes no difference. The idea that West Ham would let him go for a paltry 2M is absurd.

Let me see if I get this right - you’re suggesting we sign a player that Klopp wouldn’t want, for a team that he wouldn’t suit, in a role we don’t need him for, at a price you made up.
I always estimate a price. Would you have said Endo is a Klopp player?

If we are still needing a 6, what would people think of Tomas Soucek? He should be cheap as his contract runs out in the summer. West Ham fans rate him highly.
I am asking what people think? I'd love to ask what Klopp thinks but that's not going to happen.
If you don't think he fits our system - could you elaborate on why please? He does the 6 role really well. I'll be honest with you I haven't studied the player. I would like a proper number 6, that can cut out the chances we concede in the first half. At some point we will be punished for it. You want Andre, a player I suggested very early on, I would be happy with him but he isn't an out-an-out 6. Youssef Fofana is another name, again contract ending in the summer. Can play 6, tall, young, and fast. However plays in Ligue 1.
If Endo adapts to the PL, great,,,, we can push Man City to the title.

If we are still needing a 6, what would people think of Tomas Soucek? He should be cheap as his contract runs out in the summer. West Ham fans rate him highly.
I am asking what people think? I'd love to ask what Klopp thinks but that's not going to happen.
If you don't think he fits our system - could you elaborate on why please? He does the 6 role really well. I'll be honest with you I haven't studied the player. I would like a proper number 6, that can cut out the chances we concede in the first half. At some point we will be punished for it. You want Andre, a player I suggested very early on, I would be happy with him but he isn't an out-an-out 6. Youssef Fofana is another name, again contract ending in the summer. Can play 6, tall, young, and fast. However plays in Ligue 1.
If Endo produces the goods, I'll STFU about needing a 6

If Endo produces the goods, I'll STFU about needing a 6

Is Endo a Klopp player - absolutely - he’s just old, not necessarily good, and Inthink we panicked a little bit and overpaid a teeny bit.

I seem to recall a discussion from a long time ago around how Klopp didn’t really play with a DM at Dortmund, yet his captain was an aging DM that no-one really paid attention to - Sebastian Kehl - but he also wasn’t necessarily a regular (due to injury largely).

As to the CB options, Tosin is in the mould of Konate and Kelly is a ball carrying CB who is able to take the ball from defence to MF.
Hopefully our @King Binny can give us some stats on either CBs (that's if he wants to and has time) and as always we're eternally grateful.

If we are going after English options, I rather we look for lower league options like Nathan Wood and Ronnie Edwards - similar to how we brought in Joe Gomez.
Untitled2.jpg

He's looking pretty beat up to tell you the truth so yes sell in January (though looks like a write-off).

images
I'm wasted on here. That car is a Taigo - BB spelt Thiago wrong (again) as Thaigo (so phonetically the same). Sigh, I guess if you have to explain it ... though it was rather 'off the wall' even for me !

I'm wasted on here. That car is a Taigo - BB spelt Thiago wrong (again) as Thaigo (so phonetically the same). Sigh, I guess if you have to explain it ... though it was rather 'off the wall' even for me !

If there was a “most niche/obscure pun” award on SCM, your post would surely win it!

Translation: Liverpool have followed Brighton in the scouting of German wonderkid Raul Paula.

Translation: Liverpool have followed Brighton in the scouting of German wonderkid Raul Paula.
We haven't bought a single wonderkid from Germany since Klopp took over.
Draxler nope
Gotetzka nope
Werner nope
Havertz nope

We haven't bought a single wonderkid from Germany since Klopp took over.
Draxler nope
Gotetzka nope
Werner nope
Havertz nope
Sane? Nope
Adeyemi surely? Nope
Musiala? Nope
Wirtz? Nope
Anyboooooody? Nope

Tbf Matip was regarded as a wonderkid once.
Played his first full season for Schalke at 18.

Matip is not German, is he? Otherwise Konate would be included...
Have you ever heard him speak, mate?
He's as German as you can be.
Born and raised in Germany, mother is German.
He just played for Cameroon because of his father and regretted it pretty quickly. He'd definitely have a few caps for Germany otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom