• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Jan Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Timo Werner was another bullet dodged.
Thing is that we will never really know if Werner would have been a great player for us. our system is different from Chelsea, where he never really stuck out .
I can give you two examples of player becoming great/world class playing for different clubs having departed from Chelsea.
KDB and Mo Salah

Last edited:
@King Binny You profile young boys (not in that way). Have you heard of this kid? Seen a compilation looked, okay, but didn't blow me away. Reminds me of that 27 year old who is taking the Bundersliga by storm. He is only 18, so plenty of room to grow
[article]
Liverpool have a 'strong' interest in Real Betis wonderkid Assane Diao, according to one report.
The 18-year-old winger has been one of the breakout stars in La Liga so far this season.
Born in Senegal but representing Spain at Under-19 level, Diao has scored three times in his last four outings, including a late winner in Betis' Europa League win over Sparta Prague earlier this month.
Having only turned 18 in September, Diao is also the youngest player to score in each of his first two La Liga starts in the 21st century, according to Opta.
Spanish rumours site Fichajes now claim that Liverpool would be willing to pay Diao's contractual buyout clause to bring him to Anfield next summer.
The report claims that the Reds' 'plan is to finalise the arrival' of the rising star next year, with Mohamed Salah's exit a possibility amid continued speculation about a switch to the Saudi Pro League.
With Diao's release clause set at just €30m (£26m), it is not anticipated that Liverpool would have any difficulty in coming up with the cash for a deal.
It is added that Liverpool 'are determined to follow Diao closely' and will 'do everything possible' to add him to their squad for next season.

It is worth noting that, while Diao is unquestionably an exciting prospect, Fichajes is hardly the most reliable source when it comes to transfer rumours and all information can be taken with a healthy pinch salt. However, that is not to say that the Reds may not be keeping an eye on such an exciting talent with a temptingly low price tag.
Better to file this one as 'wait and see', rather than getting any hopes up.
Links to wingers generally have ramped up recently amid the ongoing uncertainty over Salah's medium to long-term future.
READ MORE: How will Liverpool replace Mohamed Salah when the time comes?
Jarrod Bowen had been identified as a player the Reds liked, though he has since signed a seven-year contract extension at West Ham, while the likes of Nico Williams (Athletic Club) and Donyell Malen (Dortmund) have also been touted as possible targets.
While moves for a new forward may hinge on Salah's future, Liverpool are expected to spend on the defence next year regardless, with at least one new centre back a priority

[/article]

@King Binny You profile young boys (not in that way). Have you heard of this kid? Seen a compilation looked, okay, but didn't blow me away. Reminds me of that 27 year old who is taking the Bundersliga by storm. He is only 18, so plenty of room to grow
[article]
Liverpool have a 'strong' interest in Real Betis wonderkid Assane Diao, according to one report.
The 18-year-old winger has been one of the breakout stars in La Liga so far this season.
Born in Senegal but representing Spain at Under-19 level, Diao has scored three times in his last four outings, including a late winner in Betis' Europa League win over Sparta Prague earlier this month.
Having only turned 18 in September, Diao is also the youngest player to score in each of his first two La Liga starts in the 21st century, according to Opta.
Spanish rumours site Fichajes now claim that Liverpool would be willing to pay Diao's contractual buyout clause to bring him to Anfield next summer.
The report claims that the Reds' 'plan is to finalise the arrival' of the rising star next year, with Mohamed Salah's exit a possibility amid continued speculation about a switch to the Saudi Pro League.
With Diao's release clause set at just €30m (£26m), it is not anticipated that Liverpool would have any difficulty in coming up with the cash for a deal.
It is added that Liverpool 'are determined to follow Diao closely' and will 'do everything possible' to add him to their squad for next season.

It is worth noting that, while Diao is unquestionably an exciting prospect, Fichajes is hardly the most reliable source when it comes to transfer rumours and all information can be taken with a healthy pinch salt. However, that is not to say that the Reds may not be keeping an eye on such an exciting talent with a temptingly low price tag.
Better to file this one as 'wait and see', rather than getting any hopes up.
Links to wingers generally have ramped up recently amid the ongoing uncertainty over Salah's medium to long-term future.
READ MORE: How will Liverpool replace Mohamed Salah when the time comes?
Jarrod Bowen had been identified as a player the Reds liked, though he has since signed a seven-year contract extension at West Ham, while the likes of Nico Williams (Athletic Club) and Donyell Malen (Dortmund) have also been touted as possible targets.
While moves for a new forward may hinge on Salah's future, Liverpool are expected to spend on the defence next year regardless, with at least one new centre back a priority

[/article]

25m-30m for a teen that's played a couple of games?

Rather just go and get Andre for that. A player in a position we need the most.

Yeah, posted about him before he got linked: http://sixcrazyminutes.com/threads/interesting-young-players.190575/page-26#post-2260372

He just made the breakthrough to first team football this season and only played 5 matches so far but he has been delivering consistently. I doubt we will bring in someone of his profile for the right when we have Doak so won't take the rumours too seriously.

Yeah, posted about him before he got linked: http://sixcrazyminutes.com/threads/interesting-young-players.190575/page-26#post-2260372

He just made the breakthrough to first team football this season and only played 5 matches so far but he has been delivering consistently. I doubt we will bring in someone of his profile for the right when we have Doak so won't take the rumours too seriously.
If Salah goes, I'd like us to look for experience on the RW, and that would be someone like Neto or Goncalves. If he stays, then there's no need to look at attacking options and a CB and CDM will be enough

[article]Liverpool have not forgotten about Andre as Fluminense midfielder prepares for huge game with January transfer in focus

by Ian Doyle

[…]
In among those movements, though, were
discussions with Fluminense in early August over their defensive midfielder Andre, only for Liverpool to quietly retreat and direct their energies towards Endo once it emerged the Brazilian side wouldn't entertain an exit until they were eliminated from the Copa Libertadores.

Subsequent events have proven it a wise move from the Reds, with Fluminense now preparing for a final against Boca Juniors early next month as they seek a first triumph in the competition's 63-year history.

And Andre has been influential in that run. The defensive midfielder has played the entirety in 11 of 12 matches - the other saw him make a 28-minute cameo from the bench in an early group game - and scored in the quarter-final first leg win over Olimpia in August before a starring role in the 2-1 win at Internacional last week that earned a 4-3 aggregate triumph and only Fluminense's second appearance in the final.

Reports have indicated the Reds - who have been tracking Andre for at least 18 months - had scouts watch the player impress as Fluminense scored twice in the final nine minutes to progress. Beyond doubt, though, is Liverpool haven't parked their interest in the player, whose form has seen him earn a call-up to Brazil's squad for this week's World Cup qualifiers against Venezuala and Uruguay after making his senior international debut from the bench in a friendly against Senegal in Lisbon in June.

Andre has continued to appear regularly in the Brazilian domestic league, although he has been rested for the occasional game in recent weeks with the Libertadores understandably assuming priority.

And with the Brasileiro running from April until December, the window of opportunity is there for Liverpool to reignite their pursuit of the player, as was hinted by Fluminense president Mario Bittencourt during the summer when explaining why the Reds' initial inquiry was resisted.

"The chief executive of Liverpool contacted me directly," he said. "And I replied to him 'My friend, I don't sell a player now and I don't deliver now. If you want to buy now to take in January, we can start talking, or if you want to wait until December and we talk in December'.

"Saying this first hand, we didn't receive a proposal for him, only surveys for Andre. We chose not to sell him because we believed that we would reach the final stages of the Libertadores. It was a decision made with sporting criteria."

Not that the Reds will be overly worried the chance has now gone. Liverpool's previous dealings with Fluminense - former Reds midfielder Allan Rodrigues de Souza had a loan spell there and goalkeeper Marcelo Pitaluga was bought from the Brazilian side - mean they have the advantage of having forged a relationship with the club.

Even with such promise in 18-year-old Bajcetic and the signing of Endo, the fact Thiago Alcantara appears poised to leave as a free agent at the end of the season means the Reds will require imminent reinforcement of their defensive midfield options regardless. And Liverpool demonstrated with the arrivals of Luis Diaz in 2022 and Cody Gakpo earlier this year they are not averse to strengthening ahead of time with an opportunist signing during the January window.

How Andre finishes the season with Fluminense - the final against Boca Juniors is on November 4 - will surely determine the level of competition Liverpool face should they reignite their interest in the player. But as has been shown regularly throughout Klopp's reign, the New Year window can provide a resolution to problems in the Reds squad.

[/article]

I'm not convinced we know what we're doing with these MFs yet. Laying out the positions, Slobber is our best RCM (and should fucking stay there), Curtis is our best LCM, unforts MacAllister is not the DM answer, nor is Endo. So, where we play (and/or rotate) McA and Gravenberch, not sure yet. Not sure Klopp knows either.

Is this Brazilian a DM?

So that would be

DCM - New Brazilian, Badger, Endo
LCM - Curtis, Grav, McA
RCM - Slobber, Harvey, McA

That's a lot of players (8) for 3 positions. Someone's going to get pissed off.

I'm not convinced we know what we're doing with these MFs yet. Laying out the positions, Slobber is our best RCM (and should fucking stay there), Curtis is our best LCM, unforts MacAllister is not the DM answer, nor is Endo. So, where we play (and/or rotate) McA and Gravenberch, not sure yet. Not sure Klopp knows either.

Is this Brazilian a DM?

So that would be

DCM - New Brazilian, Badger, Endo
LCM - Curtis, Grav, McA
RCM - Slobber, Harvey, McA

That's a lot of players (8) for 3 positions. Someone's going to get pissed off.

Pretty confident any one time, at least three of them will be injured or on a red card. 8 for three is fine. Better that than playing Gakpo in midfield.

This guy is a point guard. European teams don’t use the tactic of having one player progress the ball all the way from the GK’s feet in front of goal to the attacking half, but that’s what Andre is born and bred to do - he is a one-man buildup machine. I did not think so when I first started watching him, but now I think he profiles as the next great Brazilian #6 in the Casemiro mould, a real defensive and build-up anchor for some European team for years to come. Hopefully us.

His disciplinary record is the one obvious flaw - he would need to take lessons from Lucas on how to sweet-talk himself out of trouble with the referees or develop a look of innocence while fouling.

Last edited:
We need defenders. Our CBs aren’t good enough and we need an urgent succession plan on our LB.

I hope we don’t wait another 18 months to address this now glaring issue.

Virgil and Konate are more than good enough. But we need better in general and a top class CB next summer would be ideal.

Manchester City midfielder is expected to leave the club in January, with Newcastle United and Everton among those interested in the 27-year-old England international.
https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/newcastle-everton-kalvin-phillips-man-city-2674795
Defensive midfielder, worth a punt?...Look like a very good buy before moving to City then a recurring injury. Would he be worth the risk?
[xtable=skin1]
{thead}
{tr}
{th}Season{/th}
{th}Injury{/th}
{th}from{/th}
{th}until{/th}
{th}Days{/th}
{th}Games missed{/th}
{/tr}
{/thead}
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}22/23{/td}
{td}Shoulder Injury{/td}
{td}Aug 26, 2022{/td}
{td}Nov 8, 2022{/td}
{td}74 days{/td}
{td}18{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}21/22{/td}
{td}Hamstring Injury{/td}
{td}Dec 2, 2021{/td}
{td}Mar 14, 2022{/td}
{td}102 days{/td}
{td}16{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}20/21{/td}
{td}Calf Injury{/td}
{td}Feb 8, 2021{/td}
{td}Mar 8, 2021{/td}
{td}28 days{/td}
{td}6{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}20/21{/td}
{td}Shoulder Injury{/td}
{td}Oct 22, 2020{/td}
{td}Nov 23, 2020{/td}
{td}32 days{/td}
{td}7{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

Manchester City midfielder is expected to leave the club in January, with Newcastle United and Everton among those interested in the 27-year-old England international.
https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/newcastle-everton-kalvin-phillips-man-city-2674795
Defensive midfielder, worth a punt?...Look like a very good buy before moving to City then a recurring injury. Would he be worth the risk?
[xtable=skin1]
{thead}
{tr}
{th}Season{/th}
{th}Injury{/th}
{th}from{/th}
{th}until{/th}
{th}Days{/th}
{th}Games missed{/th}
{/tr}
{/thead}
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}22/23{/td}
{td}Shoulder Injury{/td}
{td}Aug 26, 2022{/td}
{td}Nov 8, 2022{/td}
{td}74 days{/td}
{td}18{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}21/22{/td}
{td}Dec 2, 2021{/td}
{td}Mar 14, 2022{/td}
{td}102 days{/td}
{td}16{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}20/21{/td}
{td}Calf Injury{/td}
{td}Feb 8, 2021{/td}
{td}Mar 8, 2021{/td}
{td}28 days{/td}
{td}6{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}20/21{/td}
{td}Shoulder Injury{/td}
{td}Oct 22, 2020{/td}
{td}Nov 23, 2020{/td}
{td}32 days{/td}
{td}7{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

No.

Virgil and Konate are more than good enough. But we need better in general and a top class CB next summer would be ideal.

We aren't even playing Ibu, and the replacement (Matip) doesn't fit our 'Trent' system. He is find with Gomez as the RB but exposed and way past his peak fit for our team now.

The defence is sub-par and full of complacency. I don't think Robbo is good enough based on his last 6 months of performances. If we aren't going to use him surging forward, we probably just need a more defensive LB to replace him, as Tsimi is an attacking LB option.

[xtable=skin1]
{thead}
{tr}
{th}Season{/th}
{th}Injury{/th}
{th}from{/th}
{th}until{/th}
{th}Days{/th}
{th}Games missed{/th}
{/tr}
{/thead}
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}22/23{/td}
{td}Shoulder Injury{/td}
{td}Aug 26, 2022{/td}
{td}Nov 8, 2022{/td}
{td}74 days{/td}
{td}18{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}21/22{/td}
{td}Dec 2, 2021{/td}
{td}Mar 14, 2022{/td}
{td}102 days{/td}
{td}16{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}20/21{/td}
{td}Calf Injury{/td}
{td}Feb 8, 2021{/td}
{td}Mar 8, 2021{/td}
{td}28 days{/td}
{td}6{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}20/21{/td}
{td}Shoulder Injury{/td}
{td}Oct 22, 2020{/td}
{td}Nov 23, 2020{/td}
{td}32 days{/td}
{td}7{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
No.. sorry, I disagree with you. a) There's a fee b) If he can't stay fit at City, no chance he is staying fit at Liverpool c) He is fat

Andre @£25m is a no brainer, and we have been following him long before I even mentioned him. If you're looking for a Konate clone but for MF, you have Youssef Fofana.
Players whose contract are ending in the summer 24 and fat George could tie up early are
CDM options
Tomas Soucek
Fofana

CB options
Lloyd Kelly - HG
Tosin - HG
But I think we will be heavily linked with the below two
Hincapie (will cost more than £50m)
Maxence Lacroix

RW

Nico Williams

This guy had 4 G+As last season - pass, when you consider Nico Williams will be available for £10m in Jan or free at the end of summer

No.. sorry, I disagree with you. a) There's a fee b) If he can't stay fit at City, no chance he is staying fit at Liverpool c) He is fat

Andre @£25m is a no brainer, and we have been following him long before I even mentioned him. If you're looking for a Konate clone but for MF, you have Youssef Fofana.
Players whose contract are ending in the summer 24 and fat George could tie up early are
CDM options
Tomas Soucek
Fofana

CB options
Lloyd Kelly - HG
Tosin - HG
But I think we will be heavily linked with the below two
Hincapie (will cost more than £50m)
Maxence Lacroix

RW

Nico Williams

Was just putting it out there..
He look good at Leeds.
Just wondering how bad could a shoudler injury be?
Could it not be fixed with surgery in the States..?

Surely Inacio or Hincapie are players that could do a job at LB? Theate too.

Surely they perfect time to bring one of them in?

That Hayden Hackney looks like a real talent. Never gonna happen, but I'd like to see him ply his trade at Liverpool. Maybe a swap deal with Elliott?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom