• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Jorginho vs Ruben Neves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neves all day. someone said something about 'can we really win the league with a 22 year old in his first season in the PL being the brains' .... we won the european cup in 2005 with just that, and the rest of the team was comparatively shit.
Neves is going to be a superstar, and id rather he got there here.

Um... who exactly was that? And I was talking about the league, not the Cup. It's easier to make a cup run with kids.

You can see the difference either of these players would make for us. dictate play and close the game out.

Um... who exactly was that? And I was talking about the league, not the Cup. It's easier to make a cup run with kids.

apologies, we bought him at 22, and won the champs league when he was 23.

heres is one of our first XI's in the league in Alonso's first season, when he was out with a broken ankle. ive just picked it at random from the games he missed.

Carson, Finnan, Carragher, Pellegrino, Warnock, Luis Garcia , Gerrard, Biscan, Riise , Le Tallec, Morientes

absolute drivel - would be bottom half these days. of couse Alonso couldnt influence it enough to win the league, because the people around him simply were not good enough. what Neves would be walking into is different gravy, and what we evolved into under Rafa was a different level also.

my opinion is that Neves could pull the strings at liverpool and become the best deep lying playmaker of his generation. i think he has that much potential.

apologies, we bought him at 22, and won the champs league when he was 23.

heres is one of our first XI's in the league in Alonso's first season, when he was out with a broken ankle. ive just picked it at random from the games he missed.

Carson, Finnan, Carragher, Pellegrino, Warnock, Luis Garcia , Gerrard, Biscan, Riise , Le Tallec, Morientes

absolute drivel - would be bottom half these days. of couse Alonso couldnt influence it enough to win the league, because the people around him simply were not good enough. what Neves would be walking into is different gravy, and what we evolved into under Rafa was a different level also.

my opinion is that Neves could pull the strings at liverpool and become the best deep lying playmaker of his generation. i think he has that much potential.

You miscalculated, we bought him at 23 and won CL at 24. But I was talking about winning the league, which is different than a cup run. We didn't get anywhere close to challenging for the league with Alonso at the heart of the team until he was 27.

You miscalculated, we bought him at 23 and won CL at 24. But I was talking about winning the league, which is different than a cup run. We didn't get anywhere close to challenging for the league with Alonso at the heart of the team until he was 27.
I would more say that's to do with the quality of the team alonso was in rather than his age. That team when we came 2nd was strong in every area of the park.

Well we *need* midfielders now and we have some cash so if we can let's buy both of them. If we can't get either, let's just get someone.

hes 36 now. it was 13 years ago. i calculated fine.

youre pretty much negating the other 10 players/rest of the squad. gerrard matured into the best midfielder in the world. we replaed biscan with mascherano, baros with fernando torres.
neves can pull the strings in this exceptionally strong side which can challenge for the title when you add him, keita and a centre half

On this point though, would he really be the brains of our team? I wouldn't exactly call Henderson the brain of our team, or Can before him. Wasn't it Klopp that said he wants multiple playmakers across the pitch (fake edit: sitting myself it was Rodgers now), thats what we have now, and it's why we are so hard to defend against. Neves wouldn't be the composer for our team, he'd be a component that slots into an already well functioning unit, right?

Bit off the subject, but my Wolves season ticket holding mate has picked the captain Coady as his POTS, despite how great Neves has been.

Good to see a scouser doing well. Shame he had to leave I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom