• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Jota

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mane is kinda doing my head in a bit - maybe he needs a rest and some competition like Robbo.
Mine too. His technical ability, passing and ball retention can be awful for most of the game and then he does something utterly sublime and likely scores ! Or comes up with a great defensive intervention. It's worth keeping him on just for that surely.
Unless we can prove that someone else has an overall higher contribution and effect. Jota could be getting there but then Mo-Jo-Ma or Mo-Bo-Ma? Tough one.

I love the fact that he doesn't have a favoured foot, and I wonder if that is what is confusing goalkeepers for some of his goals. Does anyone know whether he's taken a penalty before, and which foot he's hit it with?

I remember an article where he said he was purposefully trained as a youngster to use both feet equally. It is lovely to watch, and such a great asset.

Mane is kinda doing my head in a bit - maybe he needs a rest and some competition like Robbo.

He's hot & cold, but his passing and build up play is still very good. He's had a few 'hockey assists' in the past few games, so he remains an important cog in our goalscoring machine.

I love the fact that he doesn't have a favoured foot, and I wonder if that is what is confusing goalkeepers for some of his goals. Does anyone know whether he's taken a penalty before, and which foot he's hit it with?

I remember an article where he said he was purposefully trained as a youngster to use both feet equally. It is lovely to watch, and such a great asset.
I do love to see a player who will use either foot. It's one of the things that most annoys me about top pros that they won't use both feet, especially when they miss an easy chance by using the wrong foot (even Mo did it last night with that early chance where he should have either headed it or used his right foot).

I'm always surprised that more professional footballers are not ambidextrous. Seems like such a clear advantage if you can develop it from early age.

My mate, an artist, tied his right hand up with string for two years so that his left hand would become as adept as his right. Bit extreme but I understand.

Both my sister and I were forced to write right handed despite being left handed which has led to both of us being moderately ambi.

Don't really know why we weren't allowed to write left handed in the 20th century

My mate, an artist, tied his right hand up with string for two years so that his left hand would become as adept as his
Funny how easily you can learn to wank with either hand.

right. Bit extreme but I understand.
I was made wear a boxing glove on my right hand at night time when I was younger.
I am completely ambidextrous now.

Both my sister and I were forced to write right handed despite being left handed which has led to both of us being moderately ambi.

Don't really know why we weren't allowed to write left handed in the 20th century
Wasn't it being forced to use his right hand the reason George VI had a stutter?

Either that or he got an advance batch of COVID vaccine

I do love to see a player who will use either foot. It's one of the things that most annoys me about top pros that they won't use both feet, especially when they miss an easy chance by using the wrong foot (even Mo did it last night with that early chance where he should have either headed it or used his right foot).

I'm still scarred by Risse heading that O.G. into the Kop goal against Chelsea in the CL. Fucking criminal that.

Wasn't it being forced to use his right hand the reason George VI had a stutter?

Either that or he got an advance batch of COVID vaccine

Lol, I have read that
... and I have a (controlled) stammer so you never know.

Absolutely doing my head in this season. But still top 3 for goals in the league and capable of brilliance. I dunno. Have called for him to ride the pine only for him to score again and again.

A brilliant player, clever, smart, very good in the air for a shorty, good with both feet, finds spaces well, intelligent movement, deceptively quick, works hard.

He has it all.

Definitely the best Portuguese players that's played for us ;)

One thing that struck me about Jota's goal against the bitters was how totally cool he was under pressure. He not only pulled off a brilliant little turn but then took the ball on for a couple of strides and put it exactly where he wanted it to go. Me likey. :cool:

One thing that struck me about Jota's goal against the bitters was how totally cool he was under pressure. He not only pulled off a brilliant little turn but then took the ball on for a couple of strides and put it exactly where he wanted it to go. Me likey. :cool:
As per his goal vs Arsenal. Cool Hand Luke.

Have loved Jota since he arrived, perhaps biased because I am half Portuguese and he is not a prick like Ronaldo and Fernandes (although I would have loved Bruno, if he was ours - still a prick).

But, I do think it is important to remember that he is very different from Firmino and they each give defenses different problems.

When Firmino is back, I think we will and should use both as starters, impact subs, or together with Jota giving Mané a break.

The thing with Mane is, no matter how much he's annoying people, the balance he gives with his pace is crucial to us. I think if you replace that with Jota and keep Firmino in there, you lose something, even if Mane is being hit and miss. Him putting people on the back foot, regardless of end product, is what helps create alot of openings for us.

The thing with Mane is, no matter how much he's annoying people, the balance he gives with his pace is crucial to us. I think if you replace that with Jota and keep Firmino in there, you lose something, even if Mane is being hit and miss. Him putting people on the back foot, regardless of end product, is what helps create alot of openings for us.
He's an incredible defensive presence as well, I know it's not the first thing you look for from an inside forward, but the work he puts in to restrict crossing opportunities opposition teams get is quite extraordinary.

Mane is relentless. Even when he is not on form, he keeps on taking on the defense. When things are not going according to plan, that relentlessness gives us an edge. It just needs one slip from the defender, one mistake from them and Mane is on the other side and we have the mental edge back.

Don’t really disagree, but Jota provides lots of defensive support, as well, and Mané sometimes benefits from a rest.

I think we remain very threatening and can defend when Jota has taken his place for a game too.

Very nice to have options!

Defo needs more games off on evidence of today. He can't be playing 3 games a week every week

I think he was wound up today. Any other team and he would have slotted that chance in.

Agreed. Completely lost his usual composure.

Reviewing highlights, he actually had some good moments. The pass to Robbo for the 1st half Salah goal line chance was sublime. And, his positioning to get to the first half header was good. He was stretching and wonder whether he could have played back to the far corner.

Still want to keep him.

Agreed. Completely lost his usual composure.

Reviewing highlights, he actually had some good moments. The pass to Robbo for the 1st half Salah goal line chance was sublime. And, his positioning to get to the first half header was good. He was stretching and wonder whether he could have played back to the far corner.

Still want to keep him.

Has anyone suggested not doing so? If yes, they need medical attention. Seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom