• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Jota

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was seriously wound up today. One of our most aggressive in fightng for / keeping possession, I felt.

It's up there with Rosenthal.

After all the things we've written in this thread about his composure.

Dreamys powers rubbing off on the rest of the site. Be very careful people, be very careful.

The miraculous thing about that miss yesterday is how easy the Wolves defenders made it for him. They stood on the line giving him the widest possible angle, never rushing out towards him to close his options off. Bizarrely as he is about to shoot they both move towards the middle of the goal, practically overlapping each other giving him and empty net on either side. And yet he still manages to hit it into the only area that could not score.

He had too much time to think about it, is all. Even for his goal against the blueslime things happened pretty fast. Here he had to go a long way to get into the danger area so, instead of just letting the force be with him, he found his conscious mind getting in the way. It happens.

He had too much time to think about it, is all. Even for his goal against the blueslime things happened pretty fast. Here he had to go a long way to get into the danger area so, instead of just letting the force be with him, he found his conscious mind getting in the way. It happens.
Good point. I think 9 out of 10 forwards are better operating on instinct.

But the goal against Arsenal would suggest that even when he has too much time to think about it, he remains calm, collected & lethal.
I think it was just a rush of blood as he was about to score against his former team

Fans are so fickle (I'm in general). I've seen people writing off Mane as being finished (only last week saying he has discovered his old form), now Jota as useless. Players are human, they have bad days at the office. Our top 3 occupy the 3 of the top 4 positions in the PL top scorers list.
We're not going to blow teams 3/4 nil every game, we're going to get bad results. These type of results prove we're in contention of for the league.

As they said on Momo's favourite podcast yesterday - if Jota hadn't missed that sitter, we wouldn't have had that Origi moment. So we owe him a debt of thanks, in fact

But the goal against Arsenal would suggest that even when he has too much time to think about it, he remains calm, collected & lethal.
I think it was just a rush of blood as he was about to score against his former team
Yep, the dude was clearly agitated

Are they all like that though? Some really seem like quiet, humble lads - I like the Irish lad, Asad etc

I've bumped into a few of The Anfield Wrap people around ground/in town etc and they've all been sound. I think what they do is brilliant for any passionate Liverpool fan from wherever they are in the world.

I've bumped into a few of The Anfield Wrap people around ground/in town etc and they've all been sound. I think what they do is brilliant for any passionate Liverpool fan from wherever they are in the world.
I was chatting to Mo Stewart at some stage of the CL night against Spurs and he was a lovely guy.

Don't know why wolves fans hated him. They got 40m for a player some of them thought wasnt great

Don't know why wolves fans hated him. They got 40m for a player some of them thought wasnt great
Fun fact: Jota scored 17 goals for Wolves in the Championship.
So, yeah. I don't get the hate either.

He was getting boo'd throughout the game but they chanted his name after he was subbed off. The Wolves fans I travelled with described him in a similar way we do Suarez 'he was a cunt, but at the time he was our cunt'. They loved how much he got stuck in when he was there, not a side of him we have seen much but hopefully one we see develop more!

The Wolves fans on the internet all seem to love him.

Anyway, they can't be too pissed off at his departure. The club had decided that Neto, Jimenez, and Podence / Traore was the direction they wanted to go, and also brought in Fabio Silva for £35 million. It's no wonder Jota was wound up.

He was getting boo'd throughout the game but they chanted his name after he was subbed off. The Wolves fans I travelled with described him in a similar way we do Suarez 'he was a cunt, but at the time he was our cunt'. They loved how much he got stuck in when he was there, not a side of him we have seen much but hopefully one we see develop more!
He's definitely shown cheeky attempts at getting opponents booked, so it could be that.

I know songs get recycled all the time but that Torres chant was my favourite and obviously even worse when he moved to Chelsea.
Not sure about being used for Jota but let’s see.

Still one of the best footy ads ever :

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom