• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool v Arsenal Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is an odd game.
The scoreline was flattering imo for Arsenal but we really didn't play that great - we made a lot of bad passes in our half and a more clinical Arsenal would have made this game closer. We also missed quite a few opportunities in the final 1/3 ...
First peno was 100%. Second was harsh but it's about time we started getting some of these calls @ Anfield.

Robbo seems like he needs a break - and TAA wasn't great. Clyne should not play LB - he's been poor there the last two run outs - would rather put Milner there if necessary, and keep Clyne as a RB.
Fabinho - maybe Arsenal is his bogey team?
VvD - class as always. Auba-who?
Hendo - liked his cameo.
Mane-Salah-Bobby => Getting there.
Alison - what a fucking pass to set up the 4th ... fucking great.

.......am going to dig out a recording of the Slade christmas song and play it forevever.

I know we are all wanking ourselves senseless at the moment over the result but it was kind of expected given Arsenal's defensive issues. However, given that - there were so many worrying aspects of our game today. I actually thought:-

• Robertson had a very bad game defensively, and I hope he can handle Sterling and co.
  • Fab - again wayward passes like in the Wolves game and I thought he struggled a bit.
  • Arsenal's passing towards the end of the game to keep ball was effective - and they did bypass our midfield with pace at times and long balls.
When we face City they will do their passing with similar pace, but be more defensively sound. I would be very happy if we just get a draw at the Etihad, I have a feeling we could potentially lose that game if these defensively frailties show up against them, and they are really up for it.

Noone was bovvd towards the end of the game Today, they all knew it was 3pts in the bag and a big game coming up so we just didn't bother for the last 15-20.

Fab will be fine, but I'm worried about Robbo he badly needs a rest n chill.

Arsenal are the first visitors to Anfield to concede four goals in the first half since Arsenal (February 2014).

They only other time they lost to us 5-1 was in 1910 i believe when they were woolwich Arsenal. In 1910 and 2014 we were runners up that season. 3rd time lucky I say

Or a recurring theme...

To be honest, I'll take second now as I fully expect the mighty Spurs and City to finish above us.

Footy365's 16 conclusions:

[article]Imagine conceding first but establishing a 4-1 half-time lead. Imagine beating the side in fifth by four clear goals, and feeling as if it could have been more. Imagine boasting a nine-point lead and a 21-game unbeaten Premier League run. Imagine being quite so brilliant without ever being quite so brilliant.[/article]
[article]It was the first time Liverpool had been behind in a Premier League game at Anfield in 2018; they were level within 112 seconds. Firmino’s no-look finish afforded him the opportunity to see whether Arsenal really had defended as badly as he thought they had as he tapped into an empty goal.[/article]
[article]Arsenal were 2-1 down, but most certainly not out. A team that invariably improves in the second half always has a chance of getting a result if they are within touching distance by half-time.

Then came Liverpool’s piece de resistance: a move that spanned Arsenal’s entire half, yet comprised of just three touches before it nestled into the goal. Robertson picked up the ball on the halfway line, played a delicious raking pass to find Salah in space on the left-hand side, his ball into the box was measured beautifully, and Mane’s finish topped it all off. Liverpool even make route one football look sexy.

Of course, it all came from an Arsenal mistake, with Sead Kolasinac’s needless pass back to Leno putting the keeper under immense pressure; he could only clear it out for a corner which was only cleared as far as Robertson. It was Liverpool at their best, and Arsenal at their absolute worst.[/article]
[article]Liverpool eased off considerably in the second half, as if to underline their new-found maturity and game management. Had they found themselves 4-1 up at home to anyone last season, they would have kept that same tempo and pushed for more goals, playing up to their role of the great entertainers.

Instead, they simply held Arsenal at arm’s length and conserved their energy. They had 57.8% possession in the first half, compared to 39.9% in the second.[/article]
[article]As for Liverpool, they will not allow themselves to get carried away just yet. These supporters have had not only their fingers but their entire hands burned by the embers of belief before. For now, they will take each excellent result as it comes.

The calming influence of Klopp is much of what separates this side from their predecessors in 2014 and 2009. Brendan Rodgers embraced his role as the savior, the man who could finally deliver Liverpool’s title. Rafael Benitez did everything but, falling over himself in his attempts to suggest the Reds were up against it. Klopp has struck the perfect balance: he knows where Liverpool are, but also where they have been, how far they have come and how much further they need to go.

Take his first season for example, when Liverpool won two, drew one and lost two of their five Premier League games in December. In 2016/17 that became four wins, one draw and one defeat, before four wins and three draws in 2017/18. This season, it is seven wins from seven.

He has embraced the challenges of coaching in England, accepted the need to change so he can overcome them, and is all the better for it.

His management of this squad has been impeccable, with Liverpool looking so comfortable yet having so much more to give. The only element of this side performing to its absolute maximum is the defence; the midfield and attack can still improve.

Imagine that.[/article]

[xtable=bcenter|border:0|cellpadding:6|cellspacing:0|100%x@]
{tbody}
{tr=top}
{td}
[xtable=border:0|cellpadding:6|cellspacing:0|100%x@]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}When the new fab 4 Shaqiri, Fun Bobby, Mane & Salah are all on the pitch together Liverpool’s record is played 9, won 9. Goals scored 30, goals against 2
smile.png
{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]​

My Man U supporting older brother hates the fact that Wijnaldum is playing for us. He said, "Van Gaal, was his fucking manager at PSV and he didn't consider bringing him over to us, instead he signs a bunch of shit players from other Dutch teams"

I was genuinely gonna make that video. Ha, Let The Bodies Hit The Floor.
Don't need to now. Ah the internet. Always someone else out there to do it for you.

What a win today. Gonna be bricking the next 16 league games.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom