• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Madrid get Real over Suarez swoop

Status
Not open for further replies.
higuain is 25 , has 20 goals for 32 argie games and 122 goals from 266 madrid games. surely if you were offered say 25-30m plus him you'd have to think about it.
Considering what they are willing to pay for Bale I think 40m plus higuain is more accurate. But 122 goals in 266 games isn't exactly great considering the team he's playing for.

Considering what they are willing to pay for Bale I think 40m plus higuain is more accurate. But 122 goals in 266 games isn't exactly great considering the team he's playing for.

Considering he's had Ronaldo on the team for 3 years - it's freaking incredible.

Just shy of 1 in 2 when he's not the main man? Recently most games will be sub as Jose like benzema. And when you play with Ronaldo, you're not going to get the most chances on a plate

Just shy of 1 in 2 when he's not the main man? Recently most games will be sub as Jose like benzema. And when you play with Ronaldo, you're not going to get the most chances on a plate

Quite, I really don't get that comment, 1 in 2 is about as good as it gets, even more so when you're a peripheral player. I'm not sure I'm in for this cash+player thing though, because we'll inevitably get stung by them increasing their valuation of Higuain and sticking to a less than £50m assessment of Suarez.

Yeah but why is he now third choice is the question. Before he was ahead of benzema and now he's not. Is it his workrate, attitude? We know that mourinho expects all his players to fight for the team.

We also know that players can fall out of favour with managers for reasons which have little or nothing to do with football, especially managers as self-absorbed as Mourinho.

I think he's overrated personally. He's decent but nowhere suarez level.
You are out of your fucking mind.
Higuain is fucking brilliant.
I would love us to get him.
We wont though, he is too good for us at present.

Yeah but why is he now third choice is the question. Before he was ahead of benzema and now he's not. Is it his workrate, attitude? We know that mourinho expects all his players to fight for the team.

JJ pretty much said it for me there, look at how we managed to get Coutinho and Sturridge for starters. It happens, and more fool the selling club.

I think there's a reason he's struggled at Madrid and I am not sure he's the right striker for us, especially not when you consider how expensive he'll be.

He's not too good for us, that's quite simply wrong.

JJ pretty much said it for me there, look at how we managed to get Coutinho and Sturridge for starters. It happens, and more fool the selling club.

As much as I agree, I don't think Higuain is similar in type too Coutinho and Sturridge however when it comes to one important aspect.

He's not anywhere near as fast, neither on his feet or in his mind as those two. I believe it's a trait that Rodgers are looking for in his players, and I actually don't think he's brought in any players so far who's not exactly that, fast both in feet and mind.

I'm not saying he is Kris, but this notion that a player failing elsewhere means that we shouldn't bother is flawed, there's a myriad of reasons why players don't make it at certain clubs, particularly at places like Madrid/Barca.

I think there's a reason he's struggled at Madrid and I am not sure he's the right striker for us, especially not when you consider how expensive he'll be.

He's not too good for us, that's quite simply wrong.
HE HASNT FUCKING STRUGGLED AT MADRID!!
Goal every other game.
League winner.
Hes class.
Mourinho prefers Benzema, thats hardly a reason to say hes struggled.

I'm not saying he is Kris, but this notion that a player failing elsewhere means that we shouldn't bother is flawed, there's a myriad of reasons why players don't make it at certain clubs, particularly at places like Madrid/Barca.

Completely agree.

Personally I just don't think Higuain would be one we should look at given how we want to play and what other areas needing our attention. There's a distinct possibility even he'd look out of sorts, as our style won't suit a player of his ilk.

I like Higuain and I may be wrong, but that's my take on it. Sanchez at Barca would be a far better acquisition in that prize-range.

As much as I agree, I don't think Higuain is similar in type too Coutinho and Sturridge however when it comes to one important aspect.

He's not anywhere near as fast, neither on his feet or in his mind as those two. I believe it's a trait that Rodgers are looking for in his players, and I actually don't think he's brought in any players so far who's not exactly that, fast both in feet and mind.

Not as fast with his feet? Seriously? He's an excellent player -

Completely agree.

Personally I just don't think Higuain would be one we should look at given how we want to play and what other areas needing our attention. There's a distinct possibility even he'd look out of sorts, as our style won't suit a player of his ilk.

I like Higuain and I may be wrong, but that's my take on it. Sanchez at Barca would be a far better acquisition in that prize-range.

Sanchez? You complain about Higuain not being quick with his feet, and then bring up a player who's struggled often in Barca's system to come close to his Udinese form?

HE HASNT FUCKING STRUGGLED AT MADRID!!
Goal every other game.
League winner.
Hes class.
Mourinho prefers Benzema, thats hardly a reason to say hes struggled.

Maybe so, I do think however that's why he's moving on. Not quite being part of their plans.

I rate him as a player but I believe he's not what we are looking for no matter the reason for his omission at Real.

I felt like popping in to say that Higuain is shit but then I figured that there's no chance in hell he's gonna sign so I just decided to continue waiting for the dramatic conclusion of this thread.

Sanchez? You complain about Higuain not being quick with his feet, and then bring up a player who's struggled often in Barca's system to come close to his Udinese form?

Sanchez is tailor made for the way we want to play mate, he's got all the right attributes to gel with the current attacking line-up. Higuain doesn't.

That's not saying he'd be bad for us, but when we are talking top expensive players we have to pick he best ones, for us.

Whilst I do think Higuan is overrated, I'd hardly be upset if we signed him! We won't though :(

Latest from the Echo is that Carroll will sign for West Ham this week for £15m and that we're "determined" to keep hold of Suarez given he's signed a 4 year deal, we haven't received any enquiries and we unequivocally do NOT want to entertain any idea of selling him.

Good, that's the only sane way to address his flirtatious behavior and make Real splash the cash should they convince us otherwise.

Sanchez is tailor made for the way we want to play mate, he's got all the right attributes to gel with the current attacking line-up. Higuain doesn't.

That's not saying he'd be bad for us, but when we are talking top expensive players we have to pick he best ones, for us.

Higuain plays similarly to Sturridge - prefers the middle, but can comfortably move around the pitch. How is he not good for us?

I really don't understand how you can dismiss Higuain while you advocate we should 'moneyball sign' fucking Bendtner.

I really don't understand how you can dismiss Higuain while you advocate we should 'moneyball sign' fucking Bendtner.
It beggars belief doesnt it?
In one thread Modo is saying its LUNACY to say Suarez is as good as Barnes, but COUTINHO is almost there.
In another thread KHL is saying Higuain isnt right for us but would sign Bendtner tomorrow.

Fucking hell.
I mean fuck.in.hell!

In one thread Modo is saying its LUNACY to say Suarez is as good as Barnes, but COUTINHO is almost there.
In another thread KHL is saying Higuain isnt right for us but would sign Bendtner tomorrow.

Fucking hell.
I mean fuck.in.hell!

Sometimes it does.

Kris knows his footy though so I think it's more bias than anything else.

In the other case I despair.

Fucking hell.
I mean fuck.in.hell!

uploadfromtaptalk1370250338881.jpg

God you lot are thick sometimes.

The Bendtner question I raised was meant as a cheeky back-up signing on a FREE whilst Higuain would cost +20M.

The Argie is easily the better player of the two without doubt, although a different type, but that doesn't mean one rules our the other, simpletons.

When we are to splash the cash then you'd better get hold of a player that actually takes you a giant leap forward otherwise we'll keep ending up with the likes of Carroll, Downing etc. who's good but perhaps not quite what we were looking for, especially not with their prize in mind.

Sanchez would give us cover all over the front line, he's fast, quick and perfectly suited for Rodgers style. Higuain, despite being a good striker, not a world class one mind, doesn't. He'd play much the same spot as Sturridge or compete with whomever being brought in to fill the no. 10 spot. And that, imo, would be a waste of a lot money as he's not going to improve us remarkably. Actually I wouldn't swap him with Sturridge at all. Would you?

Not that he isn't good but we could find players more suited, is this to hard to understand?

@Oncy you really have to learn not to become a complete prick every time someone dares to be of a different opinion of you. Especially as you are shifting opinions as we other changes clothes, hence, you very often act the prick on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom