• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match Man City (H) - Sun 15:45

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why the need to have a dig? He was a big part of the reason we ended up controlling the game. His energy in the past clutch of games has been crucial.
Because I remember it so vividly.
I yelled "don't fucking do it, you got little legs" at the TV and he didn't listen.
That being said, yes he had a good game, but I'm still grumpy.

If they release the audio for this one we'll probably get to hear just how incompetent Oliver is then.

He also didnt send off Kovacic at the Emirates and was the referee when we lost 3-2 to Arsenal with the soft pen given to Jesus and the Gabriel handball that wasnt given.
I think it is very unlikely that we hear it. Michael Oliver is genuinely one of the better refs it seems to me, but is consistently involved in massive decisions that have cost us ever since that day of doom at Everton.

I think it is very unlikely that we hear it. Michael Oliver is genuinely one of the better refs it seems to me, but is consistently involved in massive decisions that have cost us ever since that day of doom at Everton.

I think he used to be, but these last few seasons have seen to much controversey involving him and you cant take a ref serious that goes to Abu Dhabi mid season.

I think he used to be, but these last few seasons have seen to much controversey involving him and you cant take a ref serious that goes to Abu Dhabi mid season.
The Premier League really needs to nip that in the bud. It isn't a good look to say the least. I'd like to know precisely what they earn, and just how much it would cost the refs involved were they too lose this side-hustle.

After the match Diaz treated himself to a plain cheese Lidl pizza

morning_gifdump_770_21.gif

Diaz was brilliant at times yesterday, but yes, his finishing is poor, it's really the big thing that's stopping him pushing on as a player, his end product.

Diaz has already doubled his goal tally from the previous seasons so far (11) but he should have at least 5-6 more goals and need to create more chances (5 assists).
But the work rate, commitment and timing of his runs are second to none.
Still only 27 so can improve further.

Love him but needs to work on his finishing.

That midfield we have is really excellent. Klopp did the right thing in adding Elliott as it flooded the midfield and he was able to find pockets of space which they were really struggling to pick up. I thought he was excellent yesterday. He did give the ball away a couple of times and that's the side of his game he needs to work on, but in terms of industry, close control and strength on the ball, he's really come on loads this season. Considering he missed a full season and is still only 20, he's really in a good place in terms of his progress.

Macca is just a real top notch player, so intelligent, great centre of gravity and eye for a pass. Klopp did wonders dragging him through those few months where he was out of position, it's really added a dogged toughness to his game. He's one of the first names on the team sheet now.

As for Quansah, what a find he's been this season. Him and Bradley have just been such a brilliant surprise and have eased the burden of a few heavy long term injuries.

I heard on the radio that Oliver was 'strong' and firmly told VAR he had a clear view of the incident and didn't need to go to the monitor. I don't know where the correspondent got that from.

If true that needs investigating. He was on the blind side.

I get the criticism that Diaz is getting but it does overlook how his performance meant City had zero control on his flank. This meant Foden was reduced to almost a bystander in the second half as City found it difficult to attack us on our left

I get the criticism that Diaz is getting but it does overlook how his performance meant City had zero control on his flank. This meant Foden was reduced to almost a bystander in the second half as City found it difficult to attack us on our left
He had a phenomenal game, anyone that understands football could tell you this. Only his finishing let him down.

The constant bashing of him is past the point of tedious.

As much as I love Eliott, he misplaced passes at very wrong time during the build up. Of course he had a good game but it was his misplaced pass which lead to the goal scoring corner, they had good chances in the second half - again he misplaced 1/2 passes. I haven't watched highlights so not entirely sure. Won't be easy job for him to get ahead of Maca/Jones/Szobo.

He had a phenomenal game, anyone that understands football could tell you this. Only his finishing let him down.

The constant bashing of him is past the point of tedious.
He created next to nothing, again. When was the last time he scored or assisted in a big game?

10/10 for effort, 5/10 for execution.

As much as I love Eliott, he misplaced passes at very wrong time during the build up. Of course he had a good game but it was his misplaced pass which lead to the goal scoring corner, they had good chances in the second half - again he misplaced 1/2 passes. I haven't watched highlights so not entirely sure. Won't be easy job for him to get ahead of Maca/Jones/Szobo.
He misplaced the 1 to Diaz which led to Doku hitting the post. Very tired pass, still don't know why he didn't make way instead of Nunez.

Work rate is second to none but on the ball he's very hit and miss.....the chance he set up for Szobo's header was brilliant and he does that well, didn't really notice him too much otherwise.

He created next to nothing, again. When was the last time he scored or assisted in a big game?

5 is generous. He was fucking shite when he got near the box. Passing, shooting, all fucking shite.

I appreciate the space and opportunities that he should create; he just fucking wastes them

He created numerous chances for himself with his directness like the shot he had first half when he cut inside. Created a chanced for Nunez first half after beating Walker down the outside......think it was even him who created the chance for Mac when he had his curler pushed round the post so I'm not sure what you're talking about.

As far as your lazy question goes seeing as every game we play in is a big one, last Thursday.

5 is generous. He was fucking shite when he got near the box. Passing, shooting, all fucking shite.

I appreciate the space and opportunities that he should create; he just fucking wastes them
You know in the end when the ball landed at Gakpo's feet in the box.
Guess who stood in front of him, effectively preventing him from shooting?

He created numerous chances for himself with his directness like the shot he had first half when he cut inside. Created a chanced for Nunez first half after beating Walker down the outside......think it was even him who created the chance for Mac when he had his curler pushed round the post so I'm not sure what you're talking about.

As far as your lazy question goes seeing as every game we play in is a big one, last Thursday.
Thurs.. you mean that scuffed shot that went in against the mighty Sparta. Yeah, that's kind of his level in terms of end product.

I won't pin that on him. Like I said, 10/10 for effort, but not good enough in the end.

Thurs.. you mean that scuffed shot that went in against the mighty Sparta. Yeah, that's kind of his level in terms of end product.
Your agenda's showing through again KR. It's literally the most obvious thing going on SCM.

Was that before or after Gakshit couldn't make up his mind with what to do with the ball the first time it fell to him?

Your agenda's showing again KR.
You mean YOUR agenda?

Read the match thread. More and more people are commenting on his obvious shitness. Whereas you are just basing your observation on "oh he passed to Nunez, oh he ran past walker", therefore he is great.

Phenomenal game? Seriously give me a break.

You mean YOUR agenda?

Read the match thread. More and more people are commenting on his obvious shitness. Whereas you are just basing your observation on "oh he passed to Nunez, oh he ran past walker", therefore he is great.

Phenomenal game? Seriously give me a break.
Think I'll pass thanks, I'd rather not read you and Fabio relaying the same nonsensical posts 30 times over every match thread. Much better to revisit after the game and post a proper, accurate analysis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom