• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match Man United (A) - Sunday 15:30

Villa away is our hardest game left. If we play like today, we’re not winning there

This is the thing, everyone's like "others will drop points". And fucking what? We SHOULDNT have dropped points today because we dominated the game. I'd have brought danns on for Nunez and gakpo for Salah. We missed an out and out 9 when Nunez went off (as shite as he was)

What does maguire have to do to get a yellow? I'd wrestling our players ok?

Catastrophic game which we should have won.
Too many wasteful prats on the ball.
if only elliot could play a full 90 like he does 30 against tired legs because he's exactly what we need.

disappointed the league is no longer in our hands ... that cunt arteta or that cunt pep shouldn't be celebrating ahead of klopp ... the footy gods just don't want to give him the send off he deserves from the city and the fanbase.

Sucks

Klopp logic, Konate fit enough to be on the bench. Not fit enough to start, despite playing 90 mins a few days ago.

Commentator said he had been struggeling after taking a blow to the head against Sheff Utd. Think it was the right call to bench him, if true.

Villa away is our hardest game left. If we play like today, we’re not winning there
If we play like we did today there (there won't be another Quansah moment) then law of averages we'll score more and win.

Commentator said he had been struggeling after taking a blow to the head against Sheff Utd. Think it was the right call to bench him, if true.
Tbh if have just not had him on the bench. I dislike the "not fit enough to start but fit enough to be on the bench" thing for defenders. I get it for most other positions, but not centre backs

It was a bad mistake from Quansah. But one you expect from a 21 year old.
Not as bad as that playing for LFC you don't.

Feel for the lad but he's essentially had his Gerrard v Chelsea moment.

We were in cruise control and of course we had to gift them a way back in, the game turned from that moment. There's no ifs or buts about it.

Bullshit, he likes holding on to the ball. It's his thing. You ever see Macca doing that shit?
Yes he did it numerous times.

You could literally see Jones gesturing that he had zero forward options after holding onto it and passing it backwards.

I thought our final pass before shooting was muck, we didn’t have many glaring misses.

It was all muck! Every shot on target down onanas throat, and every final pass was mostly wrong. But here's the thing; most of the final passes were by mo, Diaz or Nunez. Szob got grief and was rightfully subbed. Mo shouldn't have been on the pitch by the time the pen happened

Bullshit, he likes holding on to the ball. It's his thing. You ever see Macca doing that shit?

Ones a 22 year old kid playing as a 6, ones won the world cup. You'd expect there to be a difference.

Bananas indeed. Two brain farts against arsenals and man united and we drop points. It’s actually still in our hands. We just need to score more goals. This banana akin draw is not unsurprising though is it really?

We’re still in the hunt. Let’s stay pissed oft for a spell and then realize that

Our defense is a problem but then with the amount of changes we had in it, it could be kind of expected.
Endo hasn't been that effective since the City game which doesn't help, we conceded in almost every game since January and it maybe too late to tighten up now.

Dreamy is trolling. Absolute wind up merchant.

The play by our attackers to make chances - superb. The execution of our attacking unit to finish chances - average.

We score a lot because we make lots of chances.

It feels like we need to make 3x as many chances as any other big team for every goal we need to score.

There’s a mentality thing with some of these shots and passes.

You can’t fault our mentality to never give up. But you can fault our mentality during the play by play moments where we just don’t take chance after chance after chance.

The reason we need as many chances as the next is we need more goals to ensure we have a lead, we are giving a goal and impetuous to the opposition. Sometimes we have to be able to win 1-0 but we are not currently capable of it but we were in the first half of the season.

Possibly, but the eight big chances wasted up til that point were the reason the opposition were still even attacking.

Nunez & Mo made many more errors than Quansah.
My post was corrective in intent.. after a series of posts focusing wholly on our attack without mentioning the massive schoolboy error elephant in the room.

Yes, of course our strikers should have made more of some good chances but we were one nil up against a misfiring Utd side without a single shot at all in the game when Quansah did the one thing an under 12 kid knows not to do…that cost us the lead and momentum. We’d have won otherwise.

It’s not in our hands because we can win every game and still come second.
Wrong, if we win every game and make up the GD then yes it is in our hand but ofcourse the way we are giving way chances as well as missing them, we won't.

My post was corrective in intent.. after a series of posts focusing wholly on our attack without mentioning the massive schoolboy error elephant in the room.

Yes, of course our strikers should have made more of some good chances but we were one nil up against a misfiring Utd side without a single shot at all in the game when Quansah did the one thing an under 12 kid knows not to do…that cost us the lead and momentum. We’d have won otherwise.
It's a huge problem, but equally we frequently play the ball centre back to center back, so it wasn't hugely out of the ordinary. It was just softer than necessary. He'll learn. As said however, I'm much more forgiving to that than I am squandering chance after chance.

For me, klopp should have changing things sooner.

18 goals and 13 (most of any player) assists.

Ya, league two that.

Fucking hell.
He got 18 goals and 13 assists today did he? Does the meaning of words indicating time like "today" cause you difficulty?

"Played like a league 2 striker today". Yes he did. Fucking hell.

It was one of many errors at either end of the pitch.

He got 18 goals and 13 assists today did he? Does the meaning of words indicating time like "today" cause you difficulty?

"Played like a league 2 striker today". Yes he did. Fucking hell.

League 2 is a bit much.. mid championship I'll concede. (Applies to all the forward 3)

Back
Top Bottom