• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match Man United (A) - Sunday 15:30

It's a huge problem, but equally we frequently play the ball centre back to center back, so it wasn't hugely out of the ordinary. It was just softer than necessary. He'll learn. As said however, I'm much more forgiving to that than I am squandering chance after chance.

For me, klopp should have changing things sooner.
Aye, Elliott for Mo and Jones for Szobo earlier at the very least.. Gomez for a timid yellow carded Bradley earlier too…

2 points from 6 against United this season. These would be the first two games i look at after the Wolves game and we are analysing the table.

Both games we were by far the dominant team and wasted multiple chances.

There is no ref to blame. No VAR. This was our players folding to the occasion.

It was all muck! Every shot on target down onanas throat, and every final pass was mostly wrong. But here's the thing; most of the final passes were by mo, Diaz or Nunez. Szob got grief and was rightfully subbed. Mo shouldn't have been on the pitch by the time the pen happened

That last pass tonight? Duff

I think we’re back to hoping Arse & City get sidetracked by the Champions League, particularly if they have tight QF’s before playing each other in the SF.

Trouble is, we’ll struggle against Everton & Villa, so we’re dropping more points before the end of the season.

City have Luton next - they’ll smash 6 past them and we’ll lose our GD advantage.

2 points from 6 against United this season. These would be the first two games i look at after the Wolves game and we are analysing the table.

If we don't win the league it's PGMOL that's to blame.

Odegaard (cost us a win vs Arsenal)
Diaz (cost us at least a draw, probable win vs Spurs)
Doku (cost us a win vs City)

In both games and the FA cup we seem to make all the wrong choices in the final third and waste multiple promising attacks by being sloppy. Weird.

Ratingssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.

Kelleher 6 - Nothing to do bar pick the ball out the net twice.

Bradley 7 - Guilty of some poor decision making in the final 1/3, should've slipped it back for Szobo instead of shooting.....defensively looked much better than in recent games.
Quansah 5 - Warning signs were there from the opening moments with his terrible passing twice letting Utd in and then the calamitous mistake when we were in control at 1-0 is a huge factor why we lost 2 points.
Virgil 7.5 - Brilliant as ever, we overlook some of his defending because we come to expect it from him but he still deserves all the plaudits of why we've come this far in the title hunt in the first place.
Robbo 7.5 - Thought he was very good just as he was in the cup, defo the Robbo of old with his energy up and down the flank......knocked 0.5 off purely for the shots he keeps taking, needs fining for it.

Endo 6.5 - Mostly fine but one of his poorer games this year. Utd broke through our last line in midfield far too often and Endo-san was left ragged on occassions.
Szobo 5 - Wasted 3 or 4 really good chances, time for Harvey to shine.
Mac 8 - Class as ever. Easily MOTM again.

Salah 5 - Thanks for an incredible last 7 years but time to take your selfish play and shit finishing to Saudi in the summer. +1 for scoring the pen.
Nunez 6 - Kambwala had him in his pocket the whole game, 1 play in particularly where he needed to just lay it back to Szobo. +1 for the assist.
Diaz 6.5 - The least wasteful of the front guys today but felt he lost possession more times than usual in non-attacking phases., well taken goal.

Jones 5 - Didn't notice he was on the pitch until the last 5mins when he slowed us down and gave it away.
Gomez 6 - Lost a bit of attacking impetus with this like for like sub, shame his deflected effort couldn't have gone in.
Gakpo 5.5 - Not much better than Jones but at least remember him bringing some urgency when he was cynically fouled by Mount.
Harvey 8 - Easily the best of the subs and probably one of the best players in white.....won the pen and always carried a threat.

Hindsight is always superb but given we always start poor i wonder if we’d have been better off (especially with only 2 day rest) starting with the likes of Elliot & Gakpo then having Darwin & Szobo as impact subs

If we don't win the league it's PGMOL that's to blame.

Odegaard (cost us a win vs Arsenal)
Diaz (cost us at least a draw, probable win vs Spurs)
Doku (cost us a win vs City)
I get the point but no, it isn't

We can't blame refs every season for why we don't win the league. At some point we need to take accountability and realise we're wasting a million chances

i don't care how many we've scored. We've wasted 3 times over

1 objective error, alongside 2 subjective ones.

At the start of the season, we would have all been more than happy to be in the position that we find ourselves in now.

I'm 100 % confident that the gooners will drop points (most likely v Spurs, utd or Chelsea). City are the threat for me, but they are not immune to dropping points (Spurs, Chelsea and utd to come) and we're ahead of them. Finish ahead of City and we'll win it.

Honestly at the stage where in the summer I'd buy a decent journeyman striker to lash on games we struggle in. Jota is mercurial but we cannot rely on his fitness

At the start of the season, we would have all been more than happy to be in the position that we find ourselves in now.

I'm 100 % confident that the gooners will drop points (most likely v Spurs, utd or Chelsea). City are the threat for me, but they are not immune to dropping points (Spurs, Chelsea and utd to come) and we're ahead of them. Finish ahead of City and we'll win it.

I find this a bit of a lazy viewpoint that a few people have too.

We have cost ourselves what would be almost a certain title by wasting big big chan ea.

We do the hard work and dominate games and make chances against packed defences… then we don’t score them as much as we should do.

We **should** be 8 points clear. Instead we’re trying to find excuses why “we’re just happy to be challenging”

Honestly at the stage where in the summer I'd buy a decent journeyman striker to lash on games we struggle in. Jota is mercurial but we cannot rely on his fitness
I like the idea but signings like this usually end up being completely useless. Can you name anyone who did reasonably well apart from Zlatan at United? Anelka at Chelsea was probably the best but even that is a big maybe

I find this a bit of a lazy viewpoint that a few people have too.

We have cost ourselves what would be almost a certain title by wasting big big chan ea.

We do the hard work and dominate games and make chances against packed defences… then we don’t score them as much as we should do.

We **should** be 8 points clear. Instead we’re trying to find excuses why “we’re just happy to be challenging”

Maybe the reason we don’t score as much as we should is because we’re simply not good enough to.

If we’re not that good, then being happy to be challenging is a reasonable position to take

I like the idea but signings like this usually end up being completely useless. Can you name anyone who did reasonably well apart from Zlatan at United? Anelka at Chelsea was probably the best but even that is a big maybe
It's a maybe, but what's the alternative? Hope danns makes the cut? Well give him minutes then jurgen.

Bringing in someone like that really could be a cost effective way of turning some of these draws to wins, and that's why we've lost multiple league run ins. We've got 1 absolutely clinical finisher at the club, and he can't be relied on. We're not going to spend big on a striker, so unless Nunez turns a corner we're relying on Jota

We don’t need a journeyman. But we do need to trust youth when they’ve demonstrated it already.

Since Danns burst onto the scene against Southampton we’ve barely touched him, and at times when we need goals.

We don’t need a journeyman. But we do need to trust youth when they’ve demonstrated it already.

Since Danns burst onto the scene against Southampton we’ve barely touched him, and at times when we need goals.

I don't know what it is, but klopp doesn't like to blood players until he has to. Injuries, too many games; there's always a reason klopp bloods youth and it's rarely because he wants to. Even Trent came in as clyne was injured for a while. Then if they take their chances they get rewarded with fleeting minutes. Half feels like if you impress at 18 you might be a rotation player by 22. Only really Elliott, and maybe Jones, who've bucked that trend.

Today was screaming for a Scouser to harass their tired back line.

I'd half be surprised to see danns get another minute outside the europa tbh.

Nah man, we’re blowing it ourselves too
W14 D2 L1 our last 17 games (the lose to Arse and draws with City and United). This is literally the first game we've dropped points in where we should have won (well maybe City too - thanks PGMOL).

Over the last 6 games Arse have gained 1 point on us. City 0 points.

That isn't blowing it.

I get the point but no, it isn't

We can't blame refs every season for why we don't win the league. At some point we need to take accountability and realise we're wasting a million chances

i don't care how many we've scored. We've wasted 3 times over

1 objective error, alongside 2 subjective ones.
We're not talking about every season. We're talking about this one and we've been robbed of major game deciding decisions that even commentators and TV refs agree we were robbed. And then there were the PGMOL apologies too.

Arse game = +2 for us and -1 for them
Spurs game = at least +1 but probably +3
City game = +2 for us and -1 for them

We literally should be at least 6 points clear after today. Could have been 8 points.

Every team has off days - City and Arse have games they can point out too (of course they can since Arse don't have more points than us and City one less) but they don't have a VAR decision that has cost them points / wins in the games between the Top 3.

Maybe the reason we don’t score as much as we should is because we’re simply not good enough to.

If we’re not that good, then being happy to be challenging is a reasonable position to take
Top scorers in Europe with 127 goals, next is Leverkusen with 116 goals. Not scoring enough because we’re simply not good enough to?

It isn't how many we score - it's conceding stupid goals at the most importune moments. Had Quansah not had a total brainfart we'd have easily won today. You can't legislate against that kind of schoolboy error. Such a pity Konate didn't start.

& Klopp has demonstrated he knows what he's doing seeing as we've had more impact with goal contributions from the bench this season than anyone else. Gakpo was brought on in the last game and made the difference. Very different bursting onto the scene in a cup game against inferior opposition to stepping up to Manchester Utd.

We're not talking about every season. We're talking about this one and we've been robbed of major game deciding decisions that even commentators and TV refs agree we were robbed. And then there were the PGMOL apologies too.

Arse game = +2 for us and -1 for them
Spurs game = at least +1 but probably +3
City game = +2 for us and -1 for them

We literally should be at least 6 points clear after today. Could have been 8 points.

Every team has off days - City and Arse have games they can point out too (of course they can since Arse don't have more points than us and City one less) but they don't have a VAR decision that has cost them points / wins in the games between the Top 3.
This conversation (not necessarily with you) happens every year. Issues with refs that have fucked us over. Rodris handball, Pickford not being sent off, etc. there's excuses that can be made for less than stellar results over the season.

We don't know how those 3 games would have turned out if we did get those decisions.

We do know if we weren't so wasteful we would have got more points. This game, united at home, Luton away, etc. all games we should have won but didn't. As we were wasteful

Back
Top Bottom