• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Manager merry-go-round

Status
Not open for further replies.
They'll have limited funds, but it'll probably be more than we spend. As I say, as shite as they were, I do think a lot of it is the player dynamics. The club's rotten and multiple managers have said the same thing.

If I was ten hag, I'd walk away.
Considering he's not great and the money he's on, why walk away? I wouldn't!

Yet we couldn’t beat them with the best attack everrrrrrrrrrrrr
That was after losing 7-0 to their biggest rivals with the worst version LFC in 9yrs. Not exactly a great an argument for a manager that will turn it around but happy for them to keep him.

Considering he's not great and the money he's on, why walk away? I wouldn't!

More the damage staying there will do to his reputation long term. He clearly wasn't a bad manager, as he did alright with Ajax domestically and European comp wise.

Depends what he wants tbh.

Fluking 1 trophy can happen. Fluking 2 and getting to another final at that shit show? Not impossible but unlikely.

That's mental, 35yr old defender forcing out a manager who has had a good season?

Given how long he's been there, with being the captain for so long and what he's achieved it's like Mbappe or Virgil having the bigger voice than Poch or any Liverpool manager the last 40 years not named Klopp.

Given how long he's been there, with being the captain for so long and what he's achieved it's like Mbappe or Virgil having the bigger voice than Poch or any Liverpool manager the last 40 years not named Klopp.
What has he actually achieved with Dortmund? Did he not leave for Munich and win the WC with his time there? It’s totally mental to a single player with such a voice. He’s been leader a set of renowned bottlers. Long term, I assume they have decided their manager isn’t all that.

What has he actually achieved with Dortmund? Did he not leave for Munich and win the WC with his time there? It’s totally mental to a single player with such a voice. He’s been leader a set of renowned bottlers. Long term, I assume they have decided their manager isn’t all that.
Well he has mustered over 500 appearances for the club, won a few Bundesliga’s and cups dating back to when Klopp was there, made him captain before his mini sabbatical. Reached a few CL finals now too. Was still at Dortmund when Germany won the WC. They had some success when Lambert was there but they’re not a club with a rich vein of history. I don’t speak for Dortmund fans but I’m sure they see him as a club legend and the execs would be stupid to not recognise how important he’s been for the club.

Well he has mustered over 500 appearances for the club, won a few Bundesliga’s and cups dating back to when Klopp was there, made him captain before his mini sabbatical. Reached a few CL finals now too. Was still at Dortmund when Germany won the WC. They had some success when Lambert was there but they’re not a club with a rich vein of history. I don’t speak for Dortmund fans but I’m sure they see him as a club legend and the execs would be stupid to not recognise how important he’s been for the club.

Mostly all decade back, backing a single player over possibly a decent coach whom can guide them over next few yrs is still silly. Not like Dortmund execs haven’t been stupid before though…

Dortmund another 1 on the manager hunt this summer.

Looks like Hummels forced him out after giving the club an ultimatum.

Wonder if a certain ex manager might end up back there....
It was just announced that Hummels will leave Dortmund, so I don’t think that theory is true.

It was just announced that Hummels will leave Dortmund, so I don’t think that theory is true.

All going on at that club, Royal rumble effect.

The big dog takes out the head of the table then all the little minions work to take out the big dog.

Time to bring the big dog home. Big Hum and Big Virg playing together for a season, who's saying no?

[Not including relegated teams]

Milan - Fonseca appointed
Juventus - Motta appointed
Bologna - Motta left for Juve
Fiorentina - Italiano left after contract expired
Torino - Juric left after contract expired
Napoli - Conte appointed
Monza - Nesta appointed
Verona - Baroni sacked
Cagliari - Ranieri retired

=====

Bayern - Kompany appointed
Dortmund - Sahin appointed
Freiburg - Streich left after contract expired
Union Berlin - Svensson appointed
Bochum - Ziedler appointed

=====

Barcelona - Flick appointed
Sevilla - Pimienta appointed
Las Palmas - Pimienta left for Sevilla
Osasuna - Moreno appointed
Mallorca - Arrasate appointed

=====

Lille - Genesio appointed
Lens - Still appointed
Nice - Haise appointed
Marseille - Gasset retired

=====

Liverpool - Slot appointed
Chelsea - Maresca appointed
West Ham - Lopetegui appointed
Brighton - De Zerbi left

[Not including relegated teams]

Milan - Fonseca appointed
Juventus - Motta appointed
Bologna - Motta left for Juve
Fiorentina - Italiano left after contract expired
Torino - Juric left after contract expired
Napoli - Conte appointed
Monza - Nesta appointed
Verona - Baroni sacked
Cagliari - Ranieri retired

=====

Bayern - Kompany appointed
Dortmund - Şahin appointed
Freiburg - Streich left after contract expired
Union Berlin - Svensson appointed
Bochum - Ziedler appointed

=====

Barcelona - Flick appointed
Sevilla - Pimienta appointed
Las Palmas - Pimienta left for Sevilla
Osasuna - Moreno appointed
Mallorca - Arrasate appointed

=====

Lille - Genesio appointed
Lens - Still appointed
Nice - Haise appointed
Marseille - Gasset retired

=====

Liverpool - Slot appointed
Chelsea - Maresca appointed
West Ham - Lopetegui appointed
Brighton - De Zerbi left
Ten Hag right now:
1718382541519.png

And De Zerbi might join Marseille. Almost done according to "L Equipe"

Strange step down. He doesn't seem to be attracting the top clubs, after his profile raising time @ Brighton.

He comes across as someone hard to get along with. Could be wrong.

Strange step down. He doesn't seem to be attracting the top clubs, after his profile raising time @ Brighton.

He comes across as someone hard to get along with. Could be wrong.

Wouldn’t say Marseille is a step down from Brighton, but it’s definitely a sideways move. He might be out of contention for top jobs for a while. Strange considering how the likes of Kompany and Nuri Sahin somehow ended up in high-profile jobs.

Regarding Kompany, how many top managers have progressed from leading a side to auto promotion from the Championship?

I'm struggling to think of any 'top' manager that has an auto-promotion from the Championship on their CV - which almost certainly means there's 50!

Regarding Kompany, how many top managers have progressed from leading a side to auto promotion from the Championship?

I'm struggling to think of any 'top' manager that has an auto-promotion from the Championship on their CV - which almost certainly means there's 50!

Benitez - although he’s certainly not top notch anymore.

THat's sort of the reverse of my meaning, but accepted!

Can’t think of any others in England - you have whatsisface that just took over at Chelsea, but he’s only been a manager for 15 minutes.

Does Biesla count?

I was going to say BRodgers - but he brought Swansea up via the playoffs.

If you went back far enough, you could say Shankly.

Reactions: dee
Can’t think of any others in England - you have whatsisface that just took over at Chelsea, but he’s only been a manager for 15 minutes.

Does Biesla count?

I was going to say BRodgers - but he brought Swansea up via the playoffs.

If you went back far enough, you could say Shankly.
Or twatface Clough

Reports suggested Potter spent too long thinking about it, so Leicester appointed Cooper.

Potter got £13M for getting sacked from Chelsea so he's clearly in no rush.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom