• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Mario Balotelli

Status
Not open for further replies.
We could compare him to Erik Meijer if it helps but he didn't cost any money, probably knew he wasn't any good and wasn't a huffy fucker.

I don't think he has any real appetite for goals or football at all.

He drifts wide at every opportunity, he takes it down the channel uselessly, shoots from ridiculous angle and basically does everything other than those that are required to score goals. A dreadful performance on Sunday. Baros and Cisse at their worst were better than that shit.

You seriously think the rest of the squad want him gone? After a few months? Maybe you're kidding, Peggy. Dunno.
I'm really not...can you imagine how you'd feeling playing alongside that bag of lumbering shit? Especially the players who enjoyed last season's ride.

I'm really not...can you imagine how you'd feeling playing alongside that bag of lumbering shit? Especially the players who enjoyed last season's ride.

Hugely frustrated, I'd wager. But then, he's new, the rest of the team have been dire too and he's being played without a partner. None of these issues excuse his performances, but they are a few of the reasons why other players wouldn't want him gone. If that's the case, then BR needs to sort it out. For buying him, for playing him without a partner, and for having a massively shit team ethic.
Yes he's been poor, but I don't buy that any of the team want him gone. It would be fucking rich coming from some of them...

But they should be looking at what they could be doing better too, defence is worse and midfield is not pressing as good as it did last season, as a team the pressing they aren't as pressing as well before. It's all very well having a rubbish forward but doesn't excuse the rest of the team.

Anyway, I liked Heskey for the price we paid and what we got out of him, I thought he was great and was instrumental in the treble. He is miles away in every aspect from Balotteli at the moment.

I think it's something to do with comparing Heskey and Balotelli. Although I'm not sure where exactly the racism comes into it. Is it racist to compare an English man with an Italian?
I think pretty much only resemblance I see is both big and black, tbh it's not the first tiem that sort of comparision has happened. Not saying it's racist, just a little uncomfortable subconsiously I guess.

Fair point to raise, but I reckon it does. It at least gives you a chance of getting a goal out of the player(s) concerned, which Balotelli's couldn't-give-a-rat's display didn't.

Shall I compare thee to a summer’s day?
Thou art more lovely and more temperate.
Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May,
And summer’s lease hath all too short a date.

I still can't get over the racist comment

Mildly annoyed by it tbh. I'm fucking certain there's zero racist element behind comparing Mario to Heskey. Both big. Both struggle to score. Both fall over a lot.

Mildly annoyed by it tbh. I'm fucking certain there's zero racist element behind comparing Mario to Heskey. Both big. Both struggle to score. Both fall over a lot.
Don't let it bother you.

Shall I compare thee to a summer’s day?
Thou art more lovely and more temperate.
Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May,
And summer’s lease hath all too short a date.

Quite enjoyed that. Nice little interlude.

Mario said he would prefer to play alongside someone in strike and Borini has said that he would make an ideal partner for Mario. Its time we tried that combo imho, and see how it goes.

Mario said he would prefer to play alongside someone in strike and Borini has said that he would make an ideal partner for Mario. Its time we tried that combo imho, and see how it goes.

Based on what? Borini has never scored goals regularly, and Balotelli can't seem to at the moment.

Racist

No one likes being called a racist ;), even proper racists :)
Can't speak for Dirkus, I think it's just general level of comparisions you get on here:
Balatoli = Heskey
Sakho = Traore
Just seem a little simplified to compare, Heskeys scoring record in first 18months I thought was great and much better than I expected. Balatoli to be fair doesn't seem to fall over a lot but then I guess in order to fall over you have to move first so maybe it's down to that..

Balotelli scored lots of goals before us though

Both are big, both are strong, both fall over, and both seem unable to score

Crouch needed 24 games didnt he?

He's come into the team which is clearly adapting to new players and is missing the teamwork and strike power of last term...

He hasn't set the world alight but by the same token if both of those defenders had failed to put through their own net he would have had a brace..

I see no upside at all about getting on the lads back so early.

Well, he's probably not reading this so he's immune to our criticism.

Crouch needed 24 games didnt he?

He's come into the team which is clearly adapting to new players and is missing the teamwork and strike power of last term...

He hasn't set the world alight but by the same token if both of those defenders had failed to put through their own net he would have had a brace..

I see no upside at all about getting on the lads back so early.

Disagree with practically every word of that. The difference with Crouchy is that he never slacked off or looked like doing so; based on the chances Balotelli missed, I don't share your confidence that he'd have scored if the oggies hadn't gone in; and I'd bet a sizeable sum that part of the reason why Balotelli is still so amazingly immature is that others in a position of authority towards him, both in football and away from it, have let him get away with too much because of his admittedly difficult early background.

They were, mate. Whatever the end product, they never stopped running and trying. On Sunday Balotelli hardly started.

Cisse and Baros werent better at all. For all his "trying" Cisse was offside about 15 times a match.
82 games 24 goals.
Baros frustrated the shite out of me with the head down running and awful finishing.
27 goals in 108 games.

I'll give Mario more time in terms of adapting to our style of play. In terms of natural ability and goals its not even Close imho. Its now 5 League games. He was good against Everton and Spurs.
Frustarting yes but I wouldnt have Baros, Heskey or Cisse in there. Fuck that.

Natural ability is no good whatsoever if it stays walled up in a lazy lump of a player. With Balotelli up front instead of Baros and Cisse respectively, we'd have lost in Istanbul in 2005 and in the 2006 Cup Final. Let's agree to differ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom