• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Poll Mignolet v Karius

Prefix for Poll Threads

Who do you want as first choice Keeper for the remainder of this season

• Mignolet

• Karius

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Klopp is suffering from the stiff-necked manager syndrome. He keeps picking Karius because he doesn't want to admit he made a mistake bringing him over from Germany.

That kind of decisions are usually made by manager who have had more failures than success in the transfer market. Klopp has enough good credit when it comes to his signings. Up to now he has been quite neutral presented with the choice of numpties we have....

I don't think that statement is correct.

I'm one of the people who had to choose Karius, even though I hate him.

Chosen on the basis of a "hail mary" - Ming right now is a better keeper, but is undoubtedly not good enough long term. Karius at least is unproven so we're hoping for the 1000/1 shot that he miraculously grows into the role...

We've a shedload of cash in the kitty and two seriously sub par keepers to choose from.

I find it mind-blowing that we're not going all out to sign a world class keeper and Klopp's considering playing Karius for the rest of a pivotal season.

Fucking madness

No team is going to sell us a top class keeper in the middle of the season when they are all chasing titles or CL qualification.

Allisson, Oblak, Reina, etc. None of these are going to move now no matter what we pay. If we r get a keeper now it's going to be Butland

No team will sell a top GK in January.

Yeah, although it's not that easy finding a team willing to sell a top keeper at any time of the year, largely because there doesn't appear to be that many about, and/or the best ones will come with gargantuan fees and accordant wage demands.

The other option, which most take, is to get an experienced keeper and squeeze as many years out of him as possible (Van Der Saar at United) or take a calculated risk on a young number 2, or recently established keeper at a small club - which is admitttedly what we did when we signed Karius.

Even then, you can see prices rising, as evidenced by Everton paying £30m for Pickford. And it's so hard to work out how good a keeper is when they come from a team which is struggling, because you can easily get a skewed view on their ability, positively or negatively. Just look at Kirkland.

It's pretty simple to me - Mignolet isn't that good, but he's a known quantity.

Karius is a complete wild card who's shown nothing to convince us.

Stick with Mignolet until the end of the season, then sell both of them, and make Ward the number 2.

It's pretty simple to me - Mignolet isn't that good, but he's a known quantity.

Karius is a complete wild card who's shown nothing to convince us.

Stick with Mignolet until the end of the season, then sell both of them, and make Ward the number 2.

I might have agreed but since Ming has whinged to the Belgian media about it fuck him.

Run of games for karius with van Dijk barking orders, we'll see the hyped German keeper I'm sure

0b1945e371d00dfd9d10561ae09cfc04.jpg

I would still take mings shitness over karius shitness. The former has had games where he has saved us. I can’t recall karius ever having a good game for us.
The former has had over 200 games to prove he can very occasionally save us points with very very long runs in the side.

Whereas Karius has had about 15 & no real run of games in that either.

Currently I'd say they're both shit, but I can only say that Mignolet is irredeemably shit, Karius may not be irredeemably shit, he deserves a chance imo, under these circumstances.

Fuck, I'd argue any keeper will play better with a better defence in front of them & hopefully VVD can organise them like he did in the derby & we'll be better for it.

I would still take mings shitness over karius shitness. The former has had games where he has saved us. I can’t recall karius ever having a good game for us.

So summing up, we know Mignolet is shit, and he's proved he's shit over a long period of time.
We also know Karius is shit, but we haven't been able to assess just how shit he is yet, because he hasn't played enough games.

So we should play Karius so that we can establish through empirical evidence if he is more or less shit than Mignolet.

I might have agreed but since Ming has whinged to the Belgian media about it fuck him.

honestly, I couldn't give a hairy fuck. His days are numbered any way. If he is better than Karius, and God preserve us, I think he is, then we need to persevere. I'd quite like to win something, and Ming gives us a marginally better chance of doing so.

Run of games for karius with van Dijk barking orders, we'll see the hyped German keeper I'm sure

0b1945e371d00dfd9d10561ae09cfc04.jpg

It may be that the presence of the colossus has a positive effect. We need to cross our fingers and toes and pray to our deity of choice.

honestly, I couldn't give a hairy fuck. His days are numbered any way. If he is better than Karius, and God preserve us, I think he is, then we need to persevere. I'd quite like to win something, and Ming gives us a marginally better chance of doing so.

A supermotivated Ming maybe. But a man on his way out add's another unknown factor into the mix. Difficult situation, but given that Klopp has made up his mind on Ming it is probably the right decision. Might bite him in the ass though.

So summing up, we know Mignolet is shit, and he's proved he's shit over a long period of time.
We also know Karius is shit, but we haven't been able to assess just how shit he is yet, because he hasn't played enough games.

So we should play Karius so that we can establish through empirical evidence if he is more or less shit than Mignolet.

I'd say Mignolet is a good keeper. Just not a great one. We know he's an excellent shot stoppers (usually), and he's done superb for Sunderland before us.

With Karius, we don't even know if he's even a decent GK. The small sample size we've had so far suggests not, but somehow, we're hoping he turns out to be a great GK.

.. possibily at the expense of top 4.

At least with Ming, I know his lapses probably won't cost us top 4 as we've done it before with him (he had a great end to the season last year). With Karius, I don't know what to expect. I just know that every shot an opponent has that's on target, I've got my heart in my mouth. He just looks a calamity waiting to happen.

I'd say Mignolet is a good keeper. Just not a great one. We know he's an excellent shot stoppers (usually), and he's done superb for Sunderland before us.

With Karius, we don't even know if he's even a decent GK. The small sample size we've had so far suggests not, but somehow, we're hoping he turns out to be a great GK.

At least with Ming, I know his lapses probably won't cost us top 4 as we've done it before with him (he had a great end to the season last year). With Karius, I don't know what to expect. I just know that every shot an opponent has that's on target, I've got my heart in my mouth. He just looks a calamity waiting to happen.
Kalamity Karius works. Or Katastrophe Karius perhaps?

So the mong is saying in the press that he's not happy about being dropped again, he did the same thing last time he was dropped. He needs to do the honourable thing then and put in a transfer request and put us all out of our misery. He's the roy hodgson of goalkeepers.

So the mong is saying in the press that he's not happy about being dropped again, he did the same thing last time he was dropped. He needs to do the honourable thing then and put in a transfer request and put us all out of our misery. He's the roy hodgson of goalkeepers.

Probably good call, since the alternative of performing on such level that he doesn't get dropped seem to be out the window.

Its a small sample size, but Ming has been with us for 6 years and we know he isnt good enough.
I'm tempted to support Klopp on this. We clearly feel that there is more to Karius then what he's showing now, and with him knowing the GK spot is his for the rest of the season and loads of game time - we can really see what his ability is all about.

People have short memories though. He had a very good game against WBA at home.

Hopefully we'll get Oblak this summer. That will sort out our GK situation for the next 10 years.

Would like to agree but you know how it works. Win and we all cheer together.... Loose and we point fingers at calamity keepers, Flabby melts and incapable managers.

Yeah, and I snap at my wife , shout at the kids, kick the dogs, and end up chaste for a couple of weeks. We ALL suffer.

Its a small sample size, but Ming has been with us for 6 years and we know he isnt good enough.
I'm tempted to support Klopp on this. We clearly feel that there is more to Karius then what he's showing now, and with him knowing the GK spot is his for the rest of the season and loads of game time - we can really see what his ability is all about.

People have short memories though. He had a very good game against WBA at home.

Hopefully we'll get Oblak this summer. That will sort out our GK situation for the next 10 years.

It is a small sample size. But he seems to have already accrued an amount of gaffes that rivals Ming.

It is a small sample size. But he seems to have already accrued an amount of gaffes that rivals Ming.

After watching that video of Ming, I'm not to sure. But yeah, if it was possible I'd love Oblak in this window and forget about the two knobs we have in goal all together.

Mignolet isn't as young, & has never been continually dropped in & out of the side.

I'm just trying to look at this as positively as possible.
It just seems to me that Klopp has had a falling out with Mignolet and that's largely the reason Karius is now playing.

If it were due to merit, or something he's seen in training, I'd be more inclined to look on this more positively as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom