• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Poll Mignolet v Karius

Prefix for Poll Threads

Who do you want as first choice Keeper for the remainder of this season

• Mignolet

• Karius

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I want Mignolet to be dropped and harmed as much as possible in the time that remains. He has made a fool out of us all, we can't play him until the summer then let him go on his merry way with a nice pay off. Fuck that, that should never be how human beings are treated, we have a few months remaining in which we need to kick him as hard and as frequently as possible so that we get some semblance of justice being served back. If that means we get taken for a ride by Karius, so be it, his time will come in due course too.

It just seems to me that Klopp has had a falling out with Mignolet and that's largely the reason Karius is now playing.

If it were due to merit, or something he's seen in training, I'd be more inclined to look on this more positively as well.

You've jumped to a negative conclusion and then say you'd be more favourable if you'd jumped to a positive conclusion. You may as well jump to a positive conclusion then. Neither's based on firm fact.

You've jumped to a negative conclusion and then say you'd be more favourable if you'd jumped to a positive conclusion. You may as well jump to a positive conclusion then. Neither's based on firm fact.

Hahahahaha you'd have made a wonderful scientist.

If the Count had included Danny Ward in the vote, I would have been more than tempted to go with him. Watched him a lot for Huddersfield last season and he was very steady and made some outstanding stops. His distribution isn't great but he seems to have the right temperament for a keeper, not least with his penalty saves in the shoot-out at Wembley to win promotion for Huddersfield.

Agreed, I watched him a dozen times or more for Huddersfield and he looked safe. His lack of opportunity may point to some other failing at the club or interpersonal relationship with the management team perhaps?

Last edited:
It just seems to me that Klopp has had a falling out with Mignolet and that's largely the reason Karius is now playing.

If it were due to merit, or something he's seen in training, I'd be more inclined to look on this more positively as well.
Or, he's wanted to bed Karius in again but wants to do it as sensibly as possible, so gave him cl games regularly & now he has watched him train a lot & we have a new solid as fuck CB has decided he will bed him in now.

Seems much more likely to me.

I've jumped based on Mings interview and Klopp's words as to why Karius is now number 1.

That, and Karius', nervous display against Everton.

I want Mignolet to be dropped and harmed as much as possible in the time that remains. He has made a fool out of us all, we can't play him until the summer then let him go on his merry way with a nice pay off. Fuck that, that should never be how human beings are treated, we have a few months remaining in which we need to kick him as hard and as frequently as possible so that we get some semblance of justice being served back. If that means we get taken for a ride by Karius, so be it, his time will come in due course too.

Haha. I do somehow feel sorry for the despair from the soul that acompagny you in describing the wee lads inadequacy there......

I worry for Mignolet. What is this going to do to his mental and physical health?

Being dropped and replaced as Number one by Karius is like losing out on a Nivea skin-cream contract to The Thing

Haha. I do somehow feel sorry for the despair from the soul that acompagny you in describing the wee lads inadequacy there......

Think of it like the fifa attribute settings, each time that puta Mignolet chips away the precious percentage points off my soul, it frees up some additional capacity to add to my brain. A fair trade-off in my view.

I too thought that it was obvious that Ming said something to Klopp about rotation being a bad idea when it comes to 'keepers and Klopp said ok then, Karius is No. 1.

I have no idea what qualities our scouts saw in Karius. At least I've seen Ming make the odd save.

How many mistakes is a keeper allowed to make, before he's deemed 'not good enough'?
I mean was Reina good enough?
Or is it about the types of mistakes a keeper makes?

I always feel slightly more secure with Ming in goal. It's a miniscule difference though. Karius has done absolutely nothing to encourage me. Like others I would like to see Ward given a chance for no other reason than that he cant be any worse.

How many mistakes is a keeper allowed to make, before he's deemed 'not good enough'?
I mean was Reina good enough?
Or is it about the types of mistakes a keeper makes?

Reina was better than these two with some distance. He had a season when he looked a bit below his level though. It was the season when he har his 3rd baby and maybe his head was a bit too much with his family duties... Pure speculation from my side though. However he was a leader in the group and someone with the authority to command his defence.

Reina was better than these two with some distance. He had a season when he looked a bit below his level though. It was the season when he har his 3rd baby and maybe his head was a bit too much with his family duties... Pure speculation from my side though. However he was a leader in the group and someone with the authority to command his defence.
Yes but Reina is at Napoli, and still doing good. Was it a mistake to let him leave then?

Yes but Reina is at Napoli, and still doing good. Was it a mistake to let him leave then?

Yeah 110% mistake. He has a good season and is a much better keeper than those two. And for Karius it would been better to develop together with him than this "catfight " with Ming.

Fuck Ming. He is 100% proven to let us down. Karius is not yet that consistently costly in games - keep him in but FUCKING BUY A PROPER KEEPER as neither should be #1 come the summer in my eyes.

In hindsight yes. He looked like he was slipping but given the struggles we've had since he moved on and his own success in rejuvenating his play, you'd have to say we moved to soon.

It's how I feel about Rafa too, to be honest. At the time I felt he was slipping and it might be prudent to let him go before the momentum he'd created ebbed away. If I'd known what would follow I would never have thought that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom