• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

MLB Thread

[quote author='Dave' link=topic=22065.msg571771#msg571771 date=1211025852]
Yeah I thought it must be something like that. I did not know what though.

Not sure how I am going to watch games though. I don't get them on sky.

A lad at work supports LA Dodgers. He loves them.
[/quote]

Do you get NASN ?

They show games most nights, I was waiting to see Yankees v. Mets last night but it was postponed.

Yeah when I left New York at 6pm today it was fucking pissing it down.

No suprise it was called off.

They need an indoor ground haha

No I don't get NASH, what's NASH?

Oh yeah I see it channel 417 on my sky box.

Not free though I see hmmm

Maybe I should get it because it seems I get racingUK with it too.

How much is it Rossssssssssss?

[quote author='Dave' link=topic=22065.msg571797#msg571797 date=1211026367]
Oh yeah I see it channel 417 on my sky box.

Not free though I see hmmm

Maybe I should get it because it seems I get racingUK with it too.

How much is it Rossssssssssss?
[/quote]

Free for me.

Rangers are very surprisingly 21-22 ... Very impressed ...

Whadappie - who is this Boggs guy? is it Wade's son?

Josh Hamilton = STUD!

Ross,
You're right that Valquez (SP?) is pitching fantastic stuff right now, but he NEVER looked anywhere close to this when he was down here... It looks like this is just one of those rare deals where it works out for everybody concerned.

Avy,
It's common knowledge that Wade Boggs had a long-term "road trip bit on the side" who was his constant companion when playing anywhere not located in the Northeast, BUT I do not think that she fathered this young man, somehow:

http://texas.rangers.mlb.com/team/player.jsp?player_id=460267

Unless of course there was more than one "alternate-Mrs-Boggs", of course.

Anybody see what young Mr. Lester did tonight? What a talent...

And my all-time favourite player, Jason Varitek becomes the only player since 1900 to catch four seperate no-hitters - That's gotta tell you something about the catcher, no?

LOVE ME SOME RED SOX...

Lester ... sheesh, the Yankees must be going insane over the last few years with the re-birth of the BoSox ...

They have been brilliant. The personnel decisions they made have nearly always been right. Refusing to overpay for Damon is one of their best moves in recent times.

He has been average at best for the Yankees while Ellsbury has blossomed into a cracking little player in Damon's absence.

I love watching a Manny AB too.

[quote author=LeTallecWiz link=topic=22065.msg574543#msg574543 date=1211285931]
i personally prefer watching an A-Rod AB ...
[/quote]

I haven't seen that many of A-Rod's to be honest, and he never comes through in tough times like Manny does.

Others I like watching are Pujols (obviously), Youkilis (the most patient hitter in the game?). Ryan Braun David Wright ... to name just a few

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=22065.msg574547#msg574547 date=1211286103]
[quote author=LeTallecWiz link=topic=22065.msg574543#msg574543 date=1211285931]
i personally prefer watching an A-Rod AB ...
[/quote]

I haven't seen that many of A-Rod's to be honest, and he never comes through in tough times like Manny does.

Others I like watching are Pujols (obviously), Youkilis (the most patient hitter in the game?). Ryan Braun David Wright ... to name just a few
[/quote]

Stay away from the Yids sir, stay away (Did you ever watch the BoSox game a few days after Gibson went on his drunken 'Jews control the world' speech? ha ha, Youkilis made it easy to rip into him that night) ...

Wright is awesome ... The way he's giong, he's got HoF written all over him.

Pujols too .. How's he doing this year?

Pujols has had a quiet start to the season, hitting just .364 with 11 HRs and 31 RBIs.

I hadn't heard anything about the Gibson rant, is there any links about it ?

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=22065.msg574557#msg574557 date=1211286377]
Pujols has had a quiet start to the season, hitting just .364 with 11 HRs and 31 RBIs.

I hadn't heard anything about the Gibson rant, is there any links about it ?
[/quote]

That is Mel Gibson though, not a ball player ...

Those aren't bad numbers ... almost as good as Hamilton's! ;)

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=22065.msg574505#msg574505 date=1211285041]
What's so special about Varitek ?
[/quote]

I think it's fair to say that he's widely regarded as the league's best catcher to call a game... Anybody who's ever pitched to him asy the same thing - He's the best catcher to pitch to. He's the only catcher that Curt Schilling has EVER let call his games - Everybody else, Curt told them what was coming next.

He's a huge student of the game too - He knows everything about his pitchers and their opponents, and he knows where to put the pitches, based off of that.

Plus he's a right hard basta'd, which makes him even sexier! :)

[quote author=Whaddapie link=topic=22065.msg574884#msg574884 date=1211305914]
[/quote]

I think it's fair to say that he's widely regarded as the league's best catcher to call a game... Anybody who's ever pitched to him asy the same thing - He's the best catcher to pitch to. He's the only catcher that Curt Schilling has EVER let call his games - Everybody else, Curt told them what was coming next.

He's a huge student of the game too - He knows everything about his pitchers and their opponents, and he knows where to put the pitches, based off of that.

[/quote]

hehe ....

I haven't watched him half as much as you so some of those things aren't all that obvious. All that I see is a declining hitter !

On the topic of catchers, Mike Piazza retired today after 16 years ... Was obviously not the greatest defensive catcher but offensively? Probably the best one that lived ...

[quote author=LeTallecWiz link=topic=22065.msg575053#msg575053 date=1211315531]
On the topic of catchers, Mike Piazza retired today after 16 years ... Was obviously not the greatest defensive catcher but offensively? Probably the best one that lived ...
[/quote]

Did he get a contract this year ?

[quote author=Whaddapie link=topic=22065.msg574884#msg574884 date=1211305914]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Did you see the story in the NY Times today about the All Star Game at Yankee Stadium ?

Some company have sponsored a competition whereby a fan can win a competition where he gets to pick a place where a batter will hit a home run. The batter only gets one attempt at it and the company have picked David Ortiz to be that batter.

The Yankees are disgusted that in the last year of Yankee Stadium Ortiz will be getting this opportunity.

Well, maybe they should look at the standings, and rethink their outrage...

Alsio, did you see where the bloke who buried the Ortiz shirt in the foundations on new yankee stadium has now told people that he also buried the scorecard from the 2004 ALCS Game 7 somewhere in the new satdium foundations as well, but won't tell anybody where this time.

Brilliant stuff.

Love seeing these pr!cks suffer.

[quote author=Whaddapie link=topic=22065.msg578431#msg578431 date=1211553877]
Well, maybe they should look at the standings, and rethink their outrage...

Alsio, did you see where the bloke who buried the Ortiz shirt in the foundations on new yankee stadium has now told people that he also buried the scorecard from the 2004 ALCS Game 7 somewhere in the new satdium foundations as well, but won't tell anybody where this time.

Brilliant stuff.

Love seeing these pr!cks suffer.
[/quote]

Yeah I heard that, he seemed pretty pleased with himself. I wonder will Hank order some more digging to be done ?

rangers are 28-28 ... i'm very very impressed considering hte personnel we have ... hopefully we keep this up and maybe take a weak division ...

Yep. Me too.

It'd be great for them, and for the baseball fan in this area... They're a joke in Dallas right now, but this past month's performance, if maintained over the rest of the season, could see that start to change.

They're a likeable bunch of lads too, so good luck to 'em...

Hamilton just keeps on hitting too.

Whaddapie isn't it nice to see the Yankees propping up the AL East ?

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=22065.msg585171#msg585171 date=1212320186]
Hamilton just keeps on hitting too.

Whaddapie isn't it nice to see the Yankees propping up the AL East ?
[/quote]

Beautiful, mo chara.

I'd like to see them propping up the Brooklyn Bridge, to be honest...

I read the NY Times Sports section most days, and today I had to say I really enjoyed one line about Mussina's victory last night.

It brought them 1 game within playing .500 ball. Oh how i love to see them struggle.

Back
Top Bottom