• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

MLB Thread

You're third of five teams in your division Dave.

Their manager almost got the sack last week, but they've been playing beter since then.

Manny & Youkilis had to be separated in the dug out ... Rumor has it, Manny wanted to talk about Swinging and when Youkilis refused, he said, "what ya gonna do? throw some matzah at me?" ... The two had to be separated after that.

[quote author=LeTallecWiz link=topic=22065.msg589510#msg589510 date=1212726524]
Manny & Youkilis had to be separated in the dug out ... Rumor has it, Manny wanted to talk about Swinging and when Youkilis refused, he said, "what ya gonna do? throw some matzah at me?" ... The two had to be separated after that.
[/quote]

;D

Manny bitch slapped him, actually. It'll be interesting to see what kicked it all off...

Also, did you see all of those cheap prick Rays jumping on Coco when he was being held on the ground to take their cheap shot?

Wankers. I have ALWAYS hated that team.

Shower of f#$!ing NOTHINGS. Always have been, always will be.

Well Done Griffey!

MIAMI - Ken Griffey Jr. completed his perfect power stroke and admired the arc of his 600th homer before rounding the bases. Who could blame him for pausing to watch this home run? The journey to the milestone took a lot longer than anyone expected.

Only a pity injuries robbed us of seeing an 'honest' attack on Aaron's record.

[quote author=LeTallecWiz link=topic=22065.msg589528#msg589528 date=1212733312]
I thought they were just trying to crisp Coco up a little, ya know? send him a message
[/quote]
Don't mind any of that, mate - He deserved (and expected) a slap or two (metaphorically speaking).

But for the fat basta'd catcher to lie on him, holding him defenseless for the other reprebates to storm in and take cheap shots while he couldn't move is disgusting... Did you see the scratches on his face?

Scratches.

Y'know who scratches..? Little girls scratch.

And chicken-sh!t, no-mark c#$!s.

[quote author='Dave' link=topic=22065.msg592928#msg592928 date=1213172424]
Boston are my new favourite team now.

Mets suck!
[/quote]

Glory hunter.

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=22065.msg593207#msg593207 date=1213185237]Glory hunter.
[/quote]

Haha they won me money, Ross.

I have always had a soft spot for them anyway.

[quote author='Dave' link=topic=22065.msg593210#msg593210 date=1213185329]
[quote author=Rosco link=topic=22065.msg593207#msg593207 date=1213185237]Glory hunter.
[/quote]

Haha they won me money, Ross.

I have always had a soft spot for them anyway.
[/quote]

You'll be supporting United next.

Cunt.

Haha

I'll never support that shower of shite.

Take that back!!! :)

Who do you support?

[quote author='Dave' link=topic=22065.msg593221#msg593221 date=1213185539]
Haha

I'll never support that shower of shite.

Take that back!!! :)

Who do you support?
[/quote]

Toronto BlueJays.

Although I do have a bit of a soft spot for the Red Sox myself. I like the way they play.

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=22065.msg593230#msg593230 date=1213185792]Although I do have a bit of a soft spot for the Red Sox myself. I like the way they play.
[/quote]

Yeah they have good bowlers and batters and some good catching men.

[quote author=LeTallecWiz link=topic=22065.msg592811#msg592811 date=1213157829]
i was obviously joking Sir Dallas! :)

It was dirty ...
[/quote]

I know, amigo.

I just REALLY hate Tampa Bay. Second only to you-know-who.

[quote author=Whaddapie link=topic=22065.msg593394#msg593394 date=1213193443]Second only to you-know-who.
[/quote]

Who? Ross?

Me too, buddy.

big trade in the works - CC Sabathia to Milwaukee ... Big moev for them.

On the Texas front, they are still hitting and pitching rather well. A few games over 0.500, only 7 games behind te Angels ... Let's hope the Texas heat doesn't kill 'em.

A-Rod's a complete loon.

This is gonna cost him a packet.

And his wife is a f#$!ing stunner!

Yet another reason to think he's a gobsh!te, as if I needed one more...

Rich Harden has been traded to the Cubs.

You'd think they would have learned after years of Mark Prior.

Harden's a good pitcher though - and they had to react after CC (a winner yesterday) became a brewer.

On that note, Rangers are only 7.5 games behind the Angels nad Hamilton continues to get RBI after RBI ... MVP!

I don't doubt Harden's talent, but take a look at what happens to pitchers after they leave the A's. Take the big three for example, Hudson is doing okay but Mulder is fucked and Zito has been a huge waste of money for the Giants.

Billy Beane is not a GM to get pitchers from.

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=22065.msg613883#msg613883 date=1215587174]
I don't doubt Harden's talent, but take a look at what happens to pitchers after they leave the A's. Take the big three for example, Hudson is doing okay but Mulder is fucked and Zito has been a huge waste of money for the Giants.

[/quote]

I guess but Hudson has done well with the braves ... I always thought Mulder and Zito were not built for the NL, but obviously didn't think they'd be that shite.

[quote author=LeTallecWiz link=topic=22065.msg613885#msg613885 date=1215587292]
[quote author=Rosco link=topic=22065.msg613883#msg613883 date=1215587174]

[/quote]

I guess but Hudson has done well with the braves ... I always thought Mulder and Zito were not built for the NL, but obviously didn't think they'd be that shite.
[/quote]

Nobody did, unless you think Beane knows a lot more than others do.

The sunken Seattle Mariners finally released slugger Richie Sexson after a slump that lasted for most of two seasons and made him a target of constant booing from frustrated fans.

The Mariners would have loved to have been able to trade Sexson, but his $14 million salary this season made that nearly impossible. So now Seattle is eating the rest of that money in what may be the first of multiple moves to rid the last-place team of underperforming veteran players.

for a player who actually did rather well his first two seasons there (30+ hrs in both), this is really a 'fall' from grace ..

with 1 game before the All Star break, Josh Hamilton has ... 95 RBIs!!! It's phenomenal how well he's played ... Last player to get even that close for us was Juan Going Going GONEzalez and he faltered badly in the Texas heat ... Will be interesting to see how Hamilton does.

Hamilton hit 28HR's in the first round of the HR Derby too LTW, but he eventually lost to Morneau.

All Star Game is on tonight.

Back
Top Bottom