• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Napoli next

Status
Not open for further replies.
When have we become Citeh? Always trying to play out from the back at the expense of putting ourselves under some pressure. Ping a few up from time to time, we have fast players upfront.

2-0 HT

Good start and then it went a bit sluggish afterwards. No doubt all the hard training in Evian has taken its toll.

Alisson has been good. Calm, composed and excellent with the ball at his feet. One save but hardly tested.

dc3c692f902299904f271f2a308d61e643f3b0e8 was good first half, suddenly looks like it's being filmed through a net curtain.

Last edited:
Yeah. The hard training is def showing. Robertson looked knackered at the end of that half. And we all know that guy has an engine on him.

The good thing is Bobby (who came back late) is looking good with his first touch. And the team is looking full of potential goals.

Alisson will only help that with his ability on the ball. i just hope we don't overuse him. It's heart attack stuff watching us play back to him so often. I'm sure we'll all get used to it, but I think I soooo want him to do well, the less he's employed into action, the better.

Wow, I've been starved by football in general (due to missing the World Cup) and LFC football in particular – seeing the speed, pressing and combinations of our front 6 put a huge smile on my face. Also loving the purple kit. Half-time player observations:

Alisson – honestly, he looked dodgy. Part of it was just lack of familiarity with the teammates, they often didn't know what kind of pass to expect from him; by the last 20 minutes they noticeable started trusting him more and passing him very often when under pressure. But he's came out and missed a couple of balls to Callejon (2nd was wrongly ruled out) and spilled a ball after a hard shot, gave the ball away needlessly a couple of times. There were good, confident moments in distribution as well and you can how he could potentially improve us, but so far he made me nervous.

Clyne – no problem.
Gomez – no big mistakes, but again a few small details that make him look not convincing at CB.
Van Dijk – OK
Robbo – surprisingly poor, lot's of mistakes and allowed Callejon to create most of Napoli's chances from his side.

Gini – played at DM like I predicted (although later started switching with Milner). Decent, scored a goal.
Keita – a bit quiet for my liking, didn't influence the game too much. But you can see the quality.
Milner – absolute beast, like he's been during all the pre-season; I'll be shocked if he doesn't start the opening game.

Salah – searching for his goal, but Koulibaly just about managed to contain him so far
Firmino – couldn't stop smiling at some of the exquisite touches he made. Welcome back, Bobby!
Mane – menacing, but not his day so far.

Pretty sure that goal started from the back. Having a GK comfortable in possession is going to open up more counterattacking opportunities!

Loving Fabinho already. One moment he's sticking his foot in as the deepest in midfield 3, then he sneaks up on a defender high up the pitch to win the ball. This is great.

What we haven't seen from Alisson is one of his best attributes: coming off his line quickly. Hasn't been enough opportunities to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom