• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Napoli next

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait. Why are Arsenal and Spurs both playing with like 8 reserves in their team?

Its a week until the league starts right?
Why arent they playing their starters? Spurs players dont even seem to be in the squad?
No Kane, Alli, Dier, Erikson, Lamela, Vertonghan, Loris, Ald..Aledar....Toby.

What is going on?
Half their team aren't even back from the WC.

Similar to Lovren/Hendo for us.

But he won’t cos he’s fucking garbage
Harsh. He's a 20 year old kid with ability. He shouldn't be in the starting squad yet, much less the bench on PL matchdays. But I wouldn't mind having him hold a place there during the early rounds of the league cup.

I think there's some ability there. Just he hasn't got the experience/confidence to put it together yet.

God ive missed us. How fucking good were 4 of those goals.

2nd half overall was much less of a "proper" game – in truth only the first 15-20 minutes of the 1st half was played at a high intensity from us. But nevertheless there were some things to pick out:

Alisson – nothing to do, distribution was sharp. Still I wonder if I picked up a hint of a show-offish attitude, for instance playing with his feet when he could have just picked up the ball.

Trent – very rusty, clearly way behind others in fitness. On this showing Clyne looks far more likely to start on Sunday.
Gomez (2nd half) – grew in confidence, especially as the game developed into a pattern that plays to his strengths: lots of possession and preventing occasional counters.
Phillips n/a
VVD – OK
Moreno – nice goal and a few nice passes. Maybe he's not so far behind Robbo as people think.

Fabinho – seems to project an air of calmness in 10m radius around him. Really impressed how well he can read the game, knowing when to stay back and when to press. I didn't think initially he would be such a big improvement on Can, but maybe I'll have to reconsider.
Curtis Jones – played in the double-pivot with Fabinho, again showing the wide range of his talent. He's played at RB, CM, AM and LWF this pre-season.

Shaqiri – some really lovely touches and turns, but no big exclamation point this time. Started in Firmino's position, then moved to RW. Looks sharp and ready.
Solanke – A few nice interceptions and passes, good movement as always. Klopp is trying to make him into a #9, but so far he still looks noticeably more comfortable in the #10 role, where there is less emphasis on physicality and finishing, which are not his strengths at this point.
Sturridge – played strictly on the shoulder, had 3 or 4 great chances against the tiring Napoli defense, scored one and made a glorious pass for Moreno. His quality is clear, but at the moment he would be behind Shaqiri in my pecking order.
Origi – doesn't matter, he's a goner.

A73D2922-6BCC-4248-82E7-DC7CA025BEA1.png

Love this pic on the beeb.
2 nil up and Milner is still going apeshit at Gini and Saido. What a guy.

Interesting to,see that even after winning a pre season game 5 nil Klopp points out the negatives he didn’t like and wants to address... quality...

I’m looking forward to this season big time.

Oh... and is there any news on Sean Cox??

Christ. They are
Fucked.
Their entire first team was involved in the last week of the WC.

Obv including a Harry Kane who was fucked from 60 minutes onwards in England games after the group stages, was clearly fatigued at the end of spurs campaign, plays upfront alone, is almost never subbed & supplies a helluva lot of their goals.

There's good reason to think they may well struggle this season with dropped points early on or when cumalative fatigue catches up with them later in the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom