• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

New signing on the horENZOn?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That young goalkeeper Pitaluga came direct from Brazil didn’t he? That was a year or two ago

I wish we'd have gone all out to sign Alvarez who was the steal of the summer at 25M or whatever it was they paid for him.

He'd have been great for us... instead wasted at City playing second fiddle to an undroppable Haaland.

I wish we'd have gone all out to sign Alvarez who was the steal of the summer at 25M or whatever it was they paid for him.

He'd have been great for us... instead wasted at City playing second fiddle to an undroppable Haaland.

he’s the new Jesus, the second coming

Enzo staying at Benfica until the end of the season;

Benfica have now released an official statement clarifying some matters around Fernandez:
‘SL Benfica clarifies that at no time did the President of the Club, Rui Costa, utter the words that are being circulated in Italy by DAZN,’ the club said.
‘Sport Lisboa e Benfica reiterates its intention to count on the player Enzo Fernández until the end of the season.’
The end of the statement where Benfica state ‘the end of the season’ seems to hint that the club may have accepted that this will be Fernandez’s last season at the club. They are set to make at least ten times on what they paid for the Argentinian just a number of months ago.

Enzo staying at Benfica until the end of the season;

Benfica have now released an official statement clarifying some matters around Fernandez:
‘SL Benfica clarifies that at no time did the President of the Club, Rui Costa, utter the words that are being circulated in Italy by DAZN,’ the club said.
‘Sport Lisboa e Benfica reiterates its intention to count on the player Enzo Fernández until the end of the season.’
The end of the statement where Benfica state ‘the end of the season’ seems to hint that the club may have accepted that this will be Fernandez’s last season at the club. They are set to make at least ten times on what they paid for the Argentinian just a number of months ago.
So for all their kite flying in the media about all the offers they were getting which met his release clause, the reality is that no club were prepared to come close to it, so they will hang on to him until the summer when they hope someone does.

So for all their kite flying in the media about all the offers they were getting which met his release clause, the reality is that no club were prepared to come close to it, so they will hang on to him until the summer when they hope someone does.

Its probably more that no club have matched the release clause in full, which is what they have communicated that they want. This is why Chelsea offered more than the release clause so that they could structure the payments.

Nobody will match that fee, I’m willing to bet. Rather most clubs are now looking for the next Fernandez themselves rather than spunk that much on a player whose not even had a full season in Europe.

Nobody needs to match the fee, but is there a club rich enough, desperate and paranoid enough to bid above 100 m to stop Liverpool from getting their man and sending their fans into a shaming frenzy? Benfica have four years to find out.

Pedro Goncalvez of sporting over Fernandez any day for me. Exactly what we lack goals plenty of them from midfield.

Pedro Goncalvez of sporting over Fernandez any day for me. Exactly what we lack goals plenty of them from midfield.

We just got another LW, our MF is weak because we don't have a CM who can hold the ball up and release it in the right time. Check out Alexis Mac Allister, can play DM, CM and AM

let us see. still plenty of time
if benfica can get a decent replacement, that might swing it open again

let us see. still plenty of time
if benfica can get a decent replacement, that might swing it open again
If we don't get him now, chelsea will.

I'm not thrilled with that, but the cost is simply too high. I'd rather caicedo and invest in Jude in the summer.

Benfica were right that with enough competition between big clubs some moneybag will be enticed to pay the full release clause or even above it. Insanity!

Bellingham will cost even more, unfortunately.

Benfica were right that with enough competition between big clubs some moneybag will be enticed to pay the full release clause or even above it. Insanity!

He’s not a league or World Cup winner, yet. Let’s dial down the hype.

But he will offer us more, we need a Bellingham right now more than an Enzo.
It’s all about how much a player is worth to the buyer.

He's a 50m player at best before the WC.

He will be great in a team who passes all day like City. But we need more of a dynamic presense in midfield. I am not sure he offers that.

Bellingham is a better fit, if we are ever paying anybody + 100m.

I'd be very surprised if Chelsea pay £115m plus add ons. They already pumped over £250m into their squad during the summer. That just seems way too high. I like him and think he's the perfect successor to Thiago in alot of ways but that sort of money really isn't justified. I'd say he's worth £60m-£70m in the current market.

He will be great in a team who passes all day like City. But we need more of a dynamic presense in midfield. I am not sure he offers that.

His price will come down - it’s at its peak right now - same as Bellingham, Caicedo - which is why we’ll likely not sign any of them in January.

I think there was a chance to sign him, but not when Benfica dug their heels in on the release clause - which is their right.

I still reckon we’ll sign someone for midfield this month - dunno who though - but English or under 21.

Maybe we’l make a move for Rice - given West Ham will lose him for a lot less if they go down.

Incidentally when people say "Bellingham would be perfect for us" I struggle to understand what they mean. We don't play with that sort of marauding box to box midfielder and haven't since Gerrard retired.

Our right RCM is expected to cover Trents advance and keep the defensive balance, our central CM is usually the no6 who sits deep and breaks up the play. Those are the two positions Bellingham most commonly plays in. We aren't paying £130m for a DM and he'd be wasted dropping into the RB role when Trent get on his bike. I'm not against signing him, but of all the players linked Fernandez, Caceido and Bellingham. He's the one who seems least obvious in terms of integrating him into our current system.

Incidentally when people say "Bellingham would be perfect for us" I struggle to understand what they mean. We don't play with that sort of marauding box to box midfielder and haven't since Gerrard retired.

Our right RCM is expected to cover Trents advance and keep the defensive balance, our central CM is usually the no6 who sits deep and breaks up the play. Those are the two positions Bellingham most commonly plays in. We aren't paying £130m for a DM and he'd be wasted dropping into the RB role when Trent get on his bike. I'm not against signing him, but of all the players linked Fernandez, Caceido and Bellingham. He's the one who seems least obvious in terms of integrating him into our current system.

I think it’s an evolution thing for Klopp, to combat the increasing amount of low blocks being used - we retain possession, pass it about, but need a little bit more creativity and dynamism in the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom