• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

New signing on the horENZOn?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this cunt gonna sign to play for us or what ?
I understand the frustration, but that's got nothing to do with the player or the club. I am hoping we don't sign him. He isn't worth €130m at best €80m. There's so many options for CDM/CM, as long as we sign someone, I am relaxed. Other than Melo, the MF has cover at the moment. The guy Steph is doing really well.

Liverpool have interest but have not made a bid
Man U don't have the cash
Chelsea are trying to avoid FFP

I understand the frustration, but that's got nothing to do with the player or the club. I am hoping we don't sign him. He isn't worth €130m at best €80m. There's so many options for CDM/CM, as long as we sign someone, I am relaxed. Other than Melo, the MF has cover at the moment. The guy Steph is doing really well.

LOL - are you kidding ? - have you and the likes of the others 'we don't need no MF' branch of SCM still not got the clues of the reliability of Ox/Keita and all the other "Non-Quadruple" winning cripples we have in our midfield ? If Klopp don't sign an MF this January - he is going to prove to be an absolute lunatic.

I smell an imminent signing - Well at least my Yoga chum does. He reckons not for a week or so tho. Apparently Benfica really like Liverpool and the way they do business. Basically all good things - Other than that nothing to report really. :)
So he reckons Enzo?

I'm not so sure at all.

There is a few more snippets I might as well share - Whether this means anything I don't know but here it is. My buddy told me that the way business was conducted by Edwards and then Ward was 'respectful' - Whatever that means. That approach matters to clubs like Benfica and Dortmund. It's patient and not pushy. Unlike Real Madrid for example who basically use Marca to unsettle players and agents alike. Same goes for Utd to a certain extent. City and interestingly Newcastle have adopted the same model. That makes sense to me as (and Its's not churlish to say) LFC have been masters of transfers for well over 5-6 years now.

That being said Football and transfers is so fucking cuthroat anything could happen. He did say though that LFC and their approach has stolen a march on the big guns out there.

Lastly he said two interesting things. In his opinion (that's important because he's adament that this is just his opinion - albeit a well informed one) IF this deal happens it's more than likely a sale of the club has been agreed on some level as it goes completely against the grain of what LFC normally do. He mentioned something alng the lines of a 'parting gift' involving Enzo and Bellingham. Maybe both but deffo one of them. There you have it. Don't shoot the messanger (or the glute stretching lovely that was kind enough to tell me) :)

There is a few more snippets I might as well share - Whether this means anything I don't know but here it is. My buddy told me that the way business was conducted by Edwards and then Ward was 'respectful' - Whatever that means. That approach matters to clubs like Benfica and Dortmund. It's patient and not pushy. Unlike Real Madrid for example who basically use Marca to unsettle players and agents alike. Same goes for Utd to a certain extent. City and interestingly Newcastle have adopted the same model. That makes sense to me and (and Its's not churlish to say) LFC have been masters of transfers for well over 5-6 years now.

That being said Football and transfers is so fucking cuthroat anything could happen. He did say though that LFC and their approach has stolen a march on the big guns out there.

Lastly he said two interesting things. In his opinion (that's important because he's adament that this is just his opinion - albeit a well informed one) IF this deal happens it's more than likely a sale of the club has been agreed on some level as it goes completely against the grain of what LFC normally do. He mentioned something alng the lines of a 'parting gift' involving Enzo and Bellingham. Maybe both but deffo one of them. There you have it. Don't shoot the messanger (or the glute stretching lovely that was kind enough to tell me) :)
I think it's more likely to be a partial say 20-30% sale than a full sale. If they are investing in players.

They are business people, not a charity.

So he reckons Enzo?

I'm not so sure at all.
I'm not exactly confident either and nor is he BUT there are very good signs apparently. I guess at the end of the day that means nothing until he actually signs.

I'm not exactly confident either and nor is he BUT there are very good signs apparently. I guess at the end of the day that means nothing until he actually signs.
Did he say anything about either Mac Allister or Caicedo? Those are the two I'm thinking are more likely than Enzo. Obviously not both.

There is a few more snippets I might as well share - Whether this means anything I don't know but here it is. My buddy told me that the way business was conducted by Edwards and then Ward was 'respectful' - Whatever that means. That approach matters to clubs like Benfica and Dortmund. It's patient and not pushy. Unlike Real Madrid for example who basically use Marca to unsettle players and agents alike. Same goes for Utd to a certain extent. City and interestingly Newcastle have adopted the same model. That makes sense to me as (and Its's not churlish to say) LFC have been masters of transfers for well over 5-6 years now.

If this is true, I do like FSG, I really do. They have been terrific stewards, and turned around an old maiden that was fading fast into a Mr Universe contestant (ooh Matron!)

Seriously though. They're not perfect, but look around. It's as good as it gets without bringing in the sportswashers.

LOL - are you kidding ? - have you and the likes of the others 'we don't need no MF' branch of SCM still not got the clues of the reliability of Ox/Keita and all the other "Non-Quadruple" winning cripples we have in our midfield ? If Klopp don't sign an MF this January - he is going to prove to be an absolute lunatic.
Why did you exclude the part of " as long as we sign someone"? I said we needed bods in MF when last season had ended. I am saying I am not panicking right now as there are options, I still want a MF and think we need one but the window hasn't opened yet. If Klopp can't get his primary target, other options exist. If you want a list of MF alternatives to Enzo, more than happy to write one out for you, but the danger is then not one will come to fruition

Did he say anything about either Mac Allister or Caicedo? Those are the two I'm thinking are more likely than Enzo. Obviously not both.
Truthfully mate - I never asked him. There's only so much we can chat about over a wheatgrass infused smoothie - know what I mean.. ;)

RA you will just have to errr ... take one for the team mate. To coin a phrase.
Ha - I assume you mean having a pint with him and not rimmng him until he passes out right? No mate, we became good mates through sobriety - Hence the yoga and the wheatgrass infused smoothies. :)

Our Team v Arsenal on this day in 2018 (We won 5-1)

Alisson, Robertson, Lovren, Alexander-Arnold, van Dijk, Fabinho, Wijnaldum, Shaqiri, Salah, Firmino, Mané
7 of the starting 11 still with us as starters.- 63% of the team

Subs: Mignolet, Clyne, Keita, Henderson, Sturridge, Lallana, Origi
28% of subs still with us.

Man City Team on Dec 30 2018

Ederson, Laporte, Stones, Zinchenko, Walker, Mahrez, D Silva, Fernandiho, De Bruyne, Sterling, Aguero
6 of the starting 11 still with MCFC as starters.- 54% of the team

Subs Muric, Díaz, Gündogan, Foden, Sané, Jesus, Otamendi, Danilo, B Silva, Kompany

Just this anecdotal thing, but similarly the same # of players then v now for city as we had in 2018 v 2022

I would really be okay with Enzo going to Chelsea and us getting Moises or Mac Allister. Besides we have this kid ripping up the Championship, so I'd like to see him get games

Wow. Could watch that all day. Morton really did learn from Thiago last year. He could definitely be his replacement. The similarities are uncanny.

Benfica just signed him a year ago.
If I were them, I'd want the full release clause too. Someone will pay it.

Benfica just signed him a year ago.
If I were them, I'd want the full release clause too. Someone will pay it.

They signed him for 12 mill € in July. 100 mill profit in 6 months is insane.
Very good player but he isnt worth that. Shame though as he would have been a great signing.

Should have taken a chance and bought him directly from River Plate.

They signed him for 12 mill € in July. 100 mill profit in 6 months is insane.
Very good player but he isnt worth that. Shame though as he would have been a great signing.

Should have taken a chance and bought him directly from River Plate.
When is the last time, or ever, that we signed someone directly from South America?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom