• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

New signing on the horENZOn?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? Thats not my impression at all. He’s been largely excellent. Controlling the midfield, great passing, getting forward, scoring and generally looked the real deal at 21.
Nothing like Lucas (which is getting on a bit as a joke).

He’s nothing like Harvey Elliott either in my opinion. He’s very good defensively and gets stuck in.
A proper CM.

I don't understand what people are being negative about him for. He's had an excellent tournament and been named best young player. He's the perfect age and skillset to replace Thiago, it's not like he's some Diouf style one tournament wonder as he's been brilliant in the CL this season after coming to Europe with alot of hype behind him. I'll be made up if we get him.

No way I'd pay that for him. He's nowhere near as good as the lad who plays for Brighton!

MacAllister was great, but also older. Enzo was superb and fits our pressing perfectly. I don’t want him as an alternative to Bellingham, but I think has a low risk of failure.

He and MacAllister dominated a very good French midfield today and also outplayed a very good Croatia midfield in Semi-final

MacAllister's 23 years old. He wasn't just better than Fernandez today, he's been superb throughout. I'm not suggesting we should sign him but, in WC context, he's been tremendous.

I don't understand what people are being negative about him for. He's had an excellent tournament and been named best young player. He's the perfect age and skillset to replace Thiago, it's not like he's some Diouf style one tournament wonder as he's been brilliant in the CL this season after coming to Europe with alot of hype behind him. I'll be made up if we get him.

Diouf was the African player of the year twice -2001 and 2002. He also had a reasonably productive season at Lens the previous two years. It did not work out for him here but he was far from a one tournament wonder.

MacAllister's 23 years old. He wasn't just better than Fernandez today, he's been superb throughout. I'm not suggesting we should sign him but, in WC context, he's been tremendous.

He has - and Brighton would want £70m since he signed up to a new contract.

I presume the thinking is Fernandez has a higher ceiling and more to his game - more of a Thiago while MacAllister is more of a Hendo.

That’s not a criticism - he would have been an absolutely banging signing if he could have been picked up cheap or free before he signed that new deal a few months back.

Diouf was the African player of the year twice -2001 and 2002. He also had a reasonably productive season at Lens the previous two years. It did not work out for him here but he was far from a one tournament wonder.

He’s also been “Cunt of the Year” consecutively since 2002 - which is impressive given the highly competitive nature of that award.

Maybe. I don't know why people would think a 21 yr old Fernandez has a higher ceiling than a 23 yr old MacAllister who has looked better in every game but, fair enough if they do. Perhaps it's because one plays for Benfica and one plays for Brighton, maybe. You can talk about their midfield roles but one is clearly ahead of the other.

Yes and it would probably take 100m to pry him away from Brighton now.

My bad. I thought MacAllister was closer to 25. I would happily take either of them. MacAllister does have a hell of a shot on him.

Enzo has a different skill set which doesn't catch the eye as much but I do think he would have a greater impact on a game's outcome.

Yes and he's shown that he can do it in the Prem too
And I repeat, fuck Enzo and his neck tattoo.

Yes and he's shown that he can do it in the Prem too
And I repeat, fuck Enzo and his neck tattoo.

I like Macallister, we should have been in touch with his agent (is that legal, I don't know?), and made him old out till Jan.

I like Macallister, we should have been in touch with his agent (is that legal, I don't know?), and made him old out till Jan.
Yes, it’s fine to speak to an agent, but not directly to the player without permission from his club.
This is essentially why agents exist.

Oh come on guys.

Mac Allister is not an unknown. He's has been playing well for Brighton for two years, but not (m)any of us were calling for him to be signed. But we were balls deep for his teammate Caicedo. Even this season everyone was talking about Groß and Trossard.

Just one of those instances where it took a World Cup to make a player shine.

Yes, it’s fine to speak to an agent, but not directly to the player without permission from his club.
This is essentially why agents exist.
So MacAllister's agent :

There you go mate sign this contract extension, I've got you a 100% salary increase to £25k a week !

One month later : Oh BTW, I forgot to mention that Liverpool were in for you, a 5 year deal at £75k a week. Sorry bro.

Oh come on guys.

Mac Allister is not an unknown. He's has been playing well for Brighton for two years, but not (m)any of us were calling for him to be signed. But we were balls deep for his teammate Caicedo. Even this season everyone was talking about Groß and Trossard.

Just one of those instances where it took a World Cup to make a player shine.

I actually think someone on here suggested signing him before the WC.

Jokes aside, he doesn't seem to be the most "mobile" of players.

That's not necessarily the end of the world if he's got the talent to make up for it (which he appears to have) - Alonso was slow as fuck and he did just fine.

The issue is that in the PL the game is fast, physical and full of teams that can run and run. We already have Fabinho who is slow as fuck. Thiago is on the slow / less mobile things but at his best he makes up for it by being great.

If we do end up signing Enzo (don't see it personally) or a player like him, he needs to a) be fucking great and b) we need to have a workhorse to play alongside him (which isn't Jude).

That's not necessarily the end of the world if he's got the talent to make up for it (which he appears to have) - Alonso was slow as fuck and he did just fine.

The issue is that in the PL the game is fast, physical and full of teams that can run and run. We already have Fabinho who is slow as fuck. Thiago is on the slow / less mobile things but at his best he makes up for it by being great.

If we do end up signing Enzo (don't see it personally) or a player like him, he needs to a) be fucking great and b) we need to have a workhorse to play alongside him (which isn't Jude).

That is why we are going to spend an additional 175 million pounds on Caiciedo and Rice in addition to the 225 million on Amrabat, Enzo, and Jude.

He is the Thiago/Alonso kind of deep lying playmaker, who can also find openings further up, control tempo.
Completely agree that we also need a more dynamic midfielder, kind of a Bellingham/Ramsey/Hendo type.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom