• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

New signing on the horENZOn?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I wanted us to consider signing him on a free as he was out of contract in 2023. But he has recently signed an extension to 2025 and will now cost a fortune.
I think we're better suited to look elsewhere.

Does anyone else find this talk of Jude, Moist Caicedo, and Enzo a bit underwhelming, as if there's any merit to these rumours at best their summer signings? If no new faces come in other than Melo (in Jan), who probably will never kick a ball for the club but (the club) will pay millions in salary and medical costs, as a result we could end up playing Thursday Night Football live from places like Tbilisi or Chișinău

Does anyone else find this talk of Jude, Moist Caicedo, and Enzo a bit underwhelming, as if there's any merit to these rumours at best their summer signings? If no new faces come in other than Melo (in Jan), who probably will never kick a ball for the club but (the club) will pay millions in salary and medical costs, as a result we could end up playing Thursday Night Football live from places like Tbilisi or Chișinău
Yes because they always end up joining our rivals.

All clubs have their players insured from tip to toe. I doubt we'll be out anything except the insurance fee.

All clubs have their players insured from tip to toe. I doubt we'll be out anything except the insurance fee.

I am assuming the Merseyside sportsman health insurance companies are running bankrupt like the roof insurance companies in Florida.

I really think we’re using our supposed interest in Enzo to help us in negotiations for Bellingham (while his agents are probably using our interest to extract the best offer they can from Real Madrid and others). It’s a win-win for both; Bellingham is the real target for us.

I think we're in for both. Look at our current midfield options and we're going to need to replace Henderson and Thiago sooner or later, not to mention Milner, Chamberlain and Naby. Assuming Bellingham is a Henderson upgrade I think it's completely plausible we'd be trying for Enzo as well.

I think we're in for both. Look at our current midfield options and we're going to need to replace Henderson and Thiago sooner or later, not to mention Milner, Chamberlain and Naby. Assuming Bellingham is a Henderson upgrade I think it's completely plausible we'd be trying for Enzo as well.
I want to believe BBI so much I'm ignoring the naysayers!

Impossible to call, but the rumours and targets are exciting, so that's something.

For me, the best short-term move we can make, is to get some competition for Fabinho, who has looked well off it all year.

I'd hope to end the January market with a new DM on the books. Arambat looked decent at the WC, but we've heard that all before. Let's see.

We’re buying all the midfielders!!!
You seem so excited by this potential purchases, yet when I was batching about it at the start of the season, you were like shut the fuck up Moron, have faith in this midfield they almost did the quad last season. But obviously now I know like so many fans that I know this squad better than you and Klopp.

You seem so excited by this potential purchases, yet when I was batching about it at the start of the season, you were like shut the fuck up Moron, have faith in this midfield they almost did the quad last season. But obviously now I know like so many fans that I know this squad better than you and Klopp.

Yes - I’m so excited by our imminent signings, I could crush a grape.

Sarcasm, mate. He thinks we will buy one MF and one with a track record of being injury prone. We need someone to remind us of what we had with Ox and Naby

Shut the fuck up Moron

If you was running insurance an company what premiums would charge on a player that's perpetually injured?
Sorry to be a bore. In case anyone does want to know, the policies work as a block insurance level over the squad so it spreads the risk from the insurance company's perspective. There's an aggregate sum insured across the squad and that will periodically be reallocated based on internal estimates of the squad value (so when players go up or down in value based on performance, their insurance values will be adjusted accordingly).
Also bear in mind that insurance only covers career-ending scenarios or accidental death type scenarios, so players being injured wouldn't concern an insurer as they don't pay out in all but the most extreme cases.
The exception to that is injuries on international duty where insurance covers the players wages for the duration of the injury absence - my understanding on that is that there is, again, a block policy held by FIFA, so it isn't unduly punitive cost wise to smaller FAs (e.g. Senegal, Egypt) who might have to cover big wages if anything happened to Mane, Salah etc.

Sorry to be a bore. In case anyone does want to know, the policies work as a block insurance level over the squad so it spreads the risk from the insurance company's perspective. There's an aggregate sum insured across the squad and that will periodically be reallocated based on internal estimates of the squad value (so when players go up or down in value based on performance, their insurance values will be adjusted accordingly).
Also bear in mind that insurance only covers career-ending scenarios or accidental death type scenarios, so players being injured wouldn't concern an insurer as they don't pay out in all but the most extreme cases.
The exception to that is injuries on international duty where insurance covers the players wages for the duration of the injury absence - my understanding on that is that there is, again, a block policy held by FIFA, so it isn't unduly punitive cost wise to smaller FAs (e.g. Senegal, Egypt) who might have to cover big wages if anything happened to Mane, Salah etc.
Not a bore, you just prove my point that Melo is costing millions in salaries + loan fee + medical costs and the crab will probably never kick a ball. If we're lucky he will be injured in Jan for 5 months so Klopp is either forced to deregister him or he is sent packing.

I want to believe BBI so much I'm ignoring the naysayers!

I also subscribe to the theory that we've been laying the ground to sign Bellingham for a long time now; we're not looking for alternatives or trying to make Dortmund think that we are. Bellingham wants us and we want him, and we have a good enough relationship with Dortmund that agreeing a fee should be doable.

The fact we were trying to sign Tchouameni in the summer - for getting on for 100 million - means we have money available to spend on someone like Fernandez. That money hasn't been spent, so it wouldn't surprise me at all if we went for him as well as Jude. You've also got to bear in mind that we've not been linked with anyone else with a similar profile to Bellingham. Enzo would be much closer to Thiago in profile; a deeper lying controller.

The links with Amrabat and Caicedo have come about I think because of Fabinho's poor form this season. That's really the only position in midfield where we've had links to a few players with a similar profile. Neither would necessarily cost so much they would automatically displace Fabinho if he recovers form.

We're also linked with Andrey Santos, 18 year old from Santos. Sadly it looks like Chelsea will get him but he's supposedly the next big talented defensive midfielder from Brazil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom