• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

New signing on the horENZOn?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's move on. The kids good but not £100m good. Its cheaper to get Benfica's scouting network.
£110m would get you Rice + Madison or Rice + Kuddus or Amrabat + Azadeen (in Jan)

£110m will probably just about get you Rice -18 months left on his contract with an option for another year apparently - so he’s not going cheap.

Fernandez is absolute quality and could be a key part in pur midfield for the next decade.
Really hope we get this done.

If United are in the running, they're likely to offer a lot more for the wages, and considering our respective league positions, I wouldn't be surprised if he went with them.

If I were Benfica who, it seems to me, are in the business of buying to sell, I’d do the same. They took a punt on this lad as with most of their South American signings. Those release clauses and their values though, have become a tiresome cliche. I understand they’re really technically in place to protect the club and player so that a player can negotiate a move without the club’s knowledge or wishes.

If Bellingham isn’t certain in the summer then Enzo now seems a great pivot. Let’s get him.

If United are in the running, they're likely to offer a lot more for the wages, and considering our respective league positions, I wouldn't be surprised if he went with them.

I doubt any potential target looks at the current league table and says: «Utd are 1 point ahead of Liverpool. I’m signing for them.»

Not sure how serious United can be, they're in a financial mess. They have to make a £120m payment this summer, so are now relying on clubs allowing them to make a smaller upfront payment.

Do United really need another midfielder? Most of their fans seem to believe their big money will go on a striker. Which seems to be backed up by ETH‘s recent comments about lacking striking options.

I must be one of the few who isn't completely sold on Enzo. He is good, but is he what we need? Seemed pretty lightweight to me.

But Bellingham AND Enzo.. that would definitely refresh the midfield.

I doubt any potential target looks at the current league table and says: «Utd are 1 point ahead of Liverpool. I’m signing for them.»
Point was more that us being title challengers to overcome any wage difference isn't really a factor at the moment.

I must be one of the few who isn't completely sold on Enzo. He is good, but is he what we need? Seemed pretty lightweight to me.

But Bellingham AND Enzo.. that would definitely refresh the midfield.

I can understand. I wish he was a bit more physical, but I get the alonso vibe, just a bit more dynamic.

Not sure how serious United can be, they're in a financial mess. They have to make a £120m payment this summer, so are now relying on clubs allowing them to make a smaller upfront payment.
Does anybody else recognise this situation?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom