• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Next seasons kits.. including other teams

Status
Not open for further replies.
The home shirt has sold out on the official site.

It's being sold for £99.95?

The actual fuck? What did I miss , I swear it was £50/60 , which is already scandalous but £100 on a shirt , without any of the additional badges or numbers etc madness
Nah I ordered off the official site just over an hour ago and they had the standard shirt and expensive one in all sizes.

The home shirt has sold out on the official site.

It's being sold for £99.95?

The actual fuck? What did I miss , I swear it was £50/60 , which is already scandalous but £100 on a shirt , without any of the additional badges or numbers etc madness

You probably already know, but there's two versions of the kit, a £70 or so kit and the £99.95 one. The more expensive one has an engraved look details throughout the shirt, the cheaper one doesn't.

Even in the 60s though the kits had great big white collars and cuffs. I think you need some different colour 'trim' as a bit of contrast. If that includes a bit of yellow or green then that's fine by me too.

Yeah, but white is all it needs. And it wasn't exactly 'great big' white collars and cuffs:

PA-758686-1.jpg

I get the commercial justification for fixing what isn't broken, every bloody year, but it's an invitation for idiots to feck it up. Maybe they could keep the actual home kit, for players, the same design but call it 'premium' or some such shite and charge fans the most obscene amount for it. Then they could re-design a range of fan kits every season and merely charge the kind of prices that could keep a food bank going for a month, like they so kindly do at present.

Warrior brought in some shockers at the start and generally improved especially when switched to new balance.

Kit is sold out already, 3 hours after the launch. First batch obviously, but thats quite insane. People have been queeing for hours online.

There is 2 versions of the kit.

£100
[article]The Liverpool FC Vapor Match Home Shirt gives you the same look worn by your favourite pros on the pitch. Its stretchy, streamlined design moves with you, while breathable fabric wicks sweat and dries exceptionally fast for peak performance. This product is made from at least 75% recycled polyester fabric.[/article]

£70
[article]Rep your team in the Liverpool F.C. Stadium Home Shirt. Highly breathable fabric helps keep sweat off your skin, so you stay cool whether you're cheering in the stands or playing on the pitch. This product is made from 100% recycled polyester fabric.[/article]

https://www.nike.com/gb/?cp=12645282545_search_|nike|655367704|32829430203|e|m|EN|pure|249791549974&gclsrc=aw.ds&ds_rl=1252249&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI0v2k9N756gIVWOvtCh3UDAXkEAAYASAAEgJOWfD_BwE

£70 standard I recall the days it was £40 max

Right now there on ITV here in the south east there is this show on called Ideal World Collectables - where some bloke is selling all this LFC signed stuff ... even a fully signed shirt from the 2001 season.

I hate on Nike and their shit kits a lot

But I can already see the difference in their marketing. It's impressive .

EeVxMlsWoAEuJ6b

What did people say about the green trim in 1993 (if anyone remembers)?

Also I always wondered about the huge Adidas stripes on many kits from this era - did anyone think it’s borderline inappropriate for Adidas to use the club shirt essentially as a canvas for their branding? I supported Dynamo Kyiv at the time and they had a similar design, which I wasn’t a big fan of.

Last edited:
EeVxMlsWoAEuJ6b

What did people say about the green trim in 1993 (if anyone remembers)?

Also I always wondered about the huge Adidas stripes on many kits from this era - did anyone think it’s borderline inappropriate for Adidas to use the club shirt essentially as a canvas for their branding? I supported Dynamo Kyiv at the time and they had a similar design, which I wasn’t a big fan of.
It had a similar reaction from what I remember. As an 11 year old who idolised Fowler who burst on the scene that year. I wanted it.

The carlsberg logo on that went filthy pretty quick. After a few games in it the white turned grey in the wash.

They did. The following kit had the logo as part of the fabric but that pulled and bobbled like mad. Adidas did give us poor quality kits back then.

As kids we all LOVED the three stripes. The green white & black away was beyond iconic. I think about 90% of our school had it.

That said, it's cos adidas was the brand to wear, which for those under the age of 30 in Liverpool is now Nike, so I expect a similar reaction to the Nike range from the kids.

Luke is 12 & wants basically the entire fucking range, he refuses to wear anything but Nike or Under Armour.

nice clobber for raves
just like the 90's

I liked the one from 91-92 with the broad white Adidas stripes on one shoulder and all red, but it wasn't the one for raves.
LFC91HP12.jpg

That was the sparkling Candy one

LFC89HP8.jpg

still better than the turquoise monstrosity Nike designed this year for us

Don’t know, I’ll wait until I see it our players wear it. The Inter design looks kind of intriguing at first, but IMO it didn’t look good at all on the Inter players yesterday - there is a reason this type of pattern is typically used on tablecloths and not on football shirts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom