• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

NFL 15/16

I don't get how the Cowboys @ 4-8 are still only one game out of 1st ... Oh, the NFC LEast.

I would have liked that a thousand times if I could have.

And @peekay did you stay up for all of it? I fell asleep with about 4 minutes left, the game was so unbearable, serves me right.

I would have liked that a thousand times if I could have.

And @peekay did you stay up for all of it? I fell asleep with about 4 minutes left, the game was so unbearable, serves me right.

Nope. I moved to the West Coast now, so it is easier watching Monday Night football. I watched the first quarter. The game was so brutal that I switched channels and started watching something else. I just happened to change the channels back to the game with 5 minutes remaining.

Nope. I moved to the West Coast now, so it is easier watching Monday Night football. I watched the first quarter. The game was so brutal that I switched channels and started watching something else. I just happened to change the channels back to the game with 5 minutes remaining.

West side connection huh? The West Coast is great for prime time football, NBA playoffs too.

Matt Cassel is just awful

He's a decent QB - and should be winning games, but Linehan has been cowardly since Romo has gone out with his play calling.

That being said ...
  • Dez has dropped gimmes ... again
  • Still no fucking picks from our CBs after 12.5 games of football. Ridiculous.
  • Still cannot force turnovers ...
  • Still no fucking breaks - facemask tackle against us? Let's ignore it.
  • etc etc etc
I think last year we must have had all our fucking good luck and breaks (bar DeMarco's fumbles - which was as key to the Packers' loss as Dez's 'drop') used up for two seasons as nothing is going right. Nothing.

If it wasn't for the Stars, I'd be so fucking miserable with how my teams are faring ... Fucking pathetic.

Seahawks picking up form at the right time. Must be one of the contenders for the superbowl.

Yeah Seahawks seem to be getting their shit together at the right time.
Are Carolina the real deal?
I'm still not sure but any defence with Luke Kuechly in it can beat anybody on their day.
He's an absolute machine.

Yeah Seahawks seem to be getting their shit together at the right time.
Are Carolina the real deal?
I'm still not sure but any defence with Luke Kuechly in it can beat anybody on their day.
He's an absolute machine.

Say what one wants about Cam, but he has become a very good NFL QB who just creates havoc with his feet and arm ... Their offense is legit, their defense is legit and while I don't think they'll go 16-0, I think they're the only team that can stop Seattle if Lynch is healthy. With Rawls out now, they'll be in trouble. I know this is harsh on the Cardinals - who are also excellent offensively and defensively, but I cannot see a Carson Palmer led team getting to the big dance.

He's a decent QB - and should be winning games, but Linehan has been cowardly since Romo has gone out with his play calling.

That being said ...
  • Dez has dropped gimmes ... again
  • Still no fucking picks from our CBs after 12.5 games of football. Ridiculous.
  • Still cannot force turnovers ...
  • Still no fucking breaks - facemask tackle against us? Let's ignore it.
  • etc etc etc
I think last year we must have had all our fucking good luck and breaks (bar DeMarco's fumbles - which was as key to the Packers' loss as Dez's 'drop') used up for two seasons as nothing is going right. Nothing.

If it wasn't for the Stars, I'd be so fucking miserable with how my teams are faring ... Fucking pathetic.

That was that season. Pathetic to lose yet another game. Wonder if they'll draft another QB. They have to

Two fantastic games on tonight. Panthers vs Giants was amazing and this Steelers Broncos game isnt half bad either.

At halftime I had our season over. Last 20 minutes has been electric.
We need to hang on, if we dont win this its all the Jets

Everytime I watch us play this season we try some smart arse shit like that play on the 2 minute warning and we fuck it up.

Tomlin is his own worst enemy at times.
Run that fucking football.

Big Ben, Brown, Steeler defense play big time in the second half. 24 unanswered points.

Seahawks clinch playoffs. I think they can go all the way now.

Seahawks, Panthers, Packers or Patriots.

I'll go with Green Bay.

Seahawks, Panthers, Packers or Patriots.

I'll go with Green Bay.

Don't think the Packers are capable offensively enough.

Seahawks or Steelers are my picks, both getting very very hot at the right time. Panthers are extremely good but I think they may be getting a wee bit too cocky.

Steelers have zero chance. Our O-line cant protect Ben and out of pocket shenanigans will get you so far and then get you injured. Our secondary is pish too. They played a good half yesterday but we are going to get torn to bits first time we face a proper QB

Defence usually wins championships so you're probably right.
It's going to be hard get past those patriots too.
They're winning games fairly easily despite going through the motions somewhat.
Usually Baltimore are there to throw a spanner in their works but I can't see any team troubling them this year in the afc.

Seahawks or Steelers are my picks, both getting very very hot at the right time. Panthers are extremely good but I think they may be getting a wee bit too cocky.

I dont think the Steelers are going to win it. Too inconsistent. As good as DeAngelo Williams has been, he is no Le'veon Bell. That was a mighty impressive performance in the second half against the Broncos. But I dont see the Steelers playing with that level in the playoffs. They have always been a very good December team when their season is on the line with respect to playoff qualification.

If not the Steelers, I like the Packers. But I just dont see them winning against the Seahawks in this form.

What about the Cardinals? Great WRs and David Johnson is just pissing it at the moment.
And on a not to serious note, Frosty Rucker is the best name ever.

What about the Cardinals? Great WRs and David Johnson is just pissing it at the moment.
And on a not to serious note, Frosty Rucker is the best name ever.

Very good team. But I just don't see Carson Palmer holding the Lombardi trophy.

Carson Palmer is a joke.

I forget where I read it a few weeks back, but one of the popular bloggers made a compelling argument for why this is the golden age of QBs, and we should really enjoy it for what it is, because a clutch of elite quarterbacks like this wont come around again in our lifetimes.

I was thinking, okaaaaaay but look at the young scamps coming through....then it turns out, theyre not so young! Russell Wilson is 27, Cam Newton is already 26, Andrew Luck is 26. Okay all being well they have long careers ahead of them; but does anyone consider Wilson, even with his superbowl win to be in the Brady, Rodgers, Brees bracket right now? To my mind this is Newton's breakthrough season and I question his longevity given hes not a sit in the pocket at jockey type, and it seems Luck may turn out to just be a really good player, rather than an all time great.

I think Wilson has just had the greatest five week stretch in NFL QB history , so now isn't a great time to argue against him.

Newton will be MVP, Luck is a wait and see case. Hasselbeck at 40 looked better than him for a bit

The long held elite arent having a great time - Brees , Manning, Rodgers has struggled too because of a lack of talent around him.

And thete will be some mediocre QBs in the playoffs.

Dont argue with any of that.....but using a Football Forum argument back against you for a sec, the stats will tell you there are some great QB performers out there, but instinctively you know theyre not in the Manning, Rodgers, Brady category.

The game has moved forward, so the difference between having an elite versus a very good QB may now be moot; but i think the argument that in a few years we may look back to this as the golden age of QBs holds water.

Well the changes to coverage rules have made it easier for QBs to rack up completions and yardage.

So the stats look better when you compare them to their peers from years before

Luck isn't a wait and see case.
He's a phenomenal qb.
One injury riddled season won't change that.
Can see him having a Marino type career though.
Breaking passing records but no ring.
Philip Rivers is the most underrated Qb in my book.
Poor fucker has to rely on Antonio Gates to catch something for the last 35 years.

I think its easy to underestimate Rivers, because hes such an objectionable fucker, everyone wants him to do badly....and in doing so, probably doesnt give his ability the credit it deserves.

Yeah I'd agree with that.
I think his on field antics are to inspire more than annoy though.
They probably should have won the Superbowl during the Tomlinson - Rivers years and that probably still grates on him.

Back
Top Bottom