• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

NFL 2014-15 (Offseason / Draft / Regular Season)

JT Barrett stretchered off in the Michigan/OSU game with an inflatable cast on his right leg. Ankle looked dislocated. Kid's had an unbelievable season after being pitched in the deep end with Miller's injury.

Bang goes whatever chance there was for two SEC teams in the playoffs.

Imagine Missouri beat Bama now...

SEC west has 24 defeats. 20 to SEC West sides, 4 to SEC East sides. The division that ate itself.

Iron bowl was a brilliant game by the way. Shootout on both sides. I thought Auburn was going to pull it off after the first half.

FSU scrap by again. Next week FSU - GaTech who are in a bit of form.

Yeah, Auburn/Bama was superb. I was going to tape it rather than stay up, but it started like a house on fire so I stayed with it.

JT Barrett confirmed as fractured ankle. Kid looked so calm about it. I'm not a Buckeyes fan, but he has been superb in what looked a difficult situation. Wonder what the committee will make of it. TCU smashing the Longhorns makes it easier to keep OSU behind them I suppose. Wisconsin might make it moot. Baylor didn't help themselves. If they only scrape past K-State next week, it'll be interesting what the committee do. They've had TCU firmly ahead of the Bears despite the head-to-head defeat.

I'd love for the Jackets to do FSU, but I don't see it. They don't play each other much anymore. FSU used to smash them all up and down the place in the 90s. Won ten or more in a row. About seven years ago there were a couple of wild games that GT won, but the ACC title game from a couple of years back is probably how this one will go. Be interesting to see FSU against (probably) Oregon.

JJ Watts just stripped Mettenberger and recovered it. Couple of plays later makes a smart take from TE to score. 5th TD of the season. Dude is ridiculous. And Ryan Fitzpatrick has tossed six TDs today.

Manziel in for Cleveland.

Manziel just pulled off an Aggies special. Somehow found his TE in double coverage up the middle.

Just went 3/4 and housed it himself from 16.

Would be hilarious if FSU went undefeated and missed the playoff, but it seems unlikely as any win over a ranked opponent should see them hold position.

Also a stupid move by the BIG 12/Fox to air the UT TCU game on FS1.

The simultaneous unranked matchup between A&M and LSU on ESPN had something like double the viewership.

This committee is great. Presumably Baylor can't jump three places past TCU by beating K-State. I'm turning both ways on this one. I'm glad head-to-head isn't an automatic decider on principle, and I don;t think the Baylor home win over TCU was indicative of much beyond the absolute mayhem that can happen in 1-A occasionally, but the two teams will have such similar records that I also don't see how it doesn't count. My gut says that TCU are a better modulated team across both sides of the ball, and probably stand a better chance in the playoffs, but I'm not sure how far guts and eyeballs should take this sort of decision. Although the committee clearly feel the same way. It'll be strange seeing the Big12 champs left out for the runners up (although, as we've talked about here before, the committee lay the groundwork for that a few weeks ago). If Baylor go past TCU, surely OSU have to with a win also, as there's no way both can go past TCU AND Baylor go past OSU just by beating a team ranked a couple of places higher than the team OSU beat). Right? An OSU team with their third QB winning a conference title game cannot be overtaken by anyone. Unless....

Jesus, imagine Oregon lose. That would be bedlam in the rankings. Could Arizona shoot up into the top four? A win against the number two team would probably get them to from 7 to 4, the way the committee has conducted business so far (i.e. Alabama going from 5 to 1 after seeing off Miss St). It has to be worth more than Ohio State or Baylor's wins. Urban Meyer would develop some new health issues if that happened.

This weekend is going to be fun.

Also, good to see Boise State back looking to get into big games. They've got six receivers with over three hundred yards. Good spread of weapons. Shouldn't have any problems seeing off Fresno St, and then they'll be in the Fiesta Bowl again. Unless they have kicking problems. We've seen that before. Not sure Fresno will run them that close though.

Actually, something to add to the TCU/Baylor scenario, apparently the Big12 isn't tie-breaking on head-to-head? They'll confirm co-champions to the committee, and will only name Baylor as sole champions if both TCU and Baylor are left out of the top four - they are contractually mandated to have a single champion by their affiliations to the New Year's Day bowls. Fuck me, the Big 12 is a mess. I wonder what would have happened if Texas was one of the two tied teams and they had a tie-breaking win?

Gators went deep. $5m to bring McElwain in from Colorado St. Look for the Florida offence to shift up a few gears pretty quickly. Interesting to see Nebraska go for Mike Riley too. Two teams known for their defence opting for offensively minded coaches.

Williams out of the ACC title game. Go Jackets?

Wow..FSU another close win over GATECH.. Bama win SEC..

Ohio State routs Wisconsin, Baylor defeats Kansas, TCU routs Iowa State..

Circus from the committee. FSU and Baylor jump TCU but OSU jump TCU and Baylor and take the final playoff place.

TCU mashes Iowa State and falls three places because FSU beat the Jackets by 2 points? Whut? The way the rankings lurched about this year was insane.

That drive from Luck was sensational.
Backed up inside his own 10 missing 3 top lineman with 3 odd minutes on the clock against Haden and co.
That's why you go 1-15 when needs must.

Hoyer not really giving the Browns any 'wiggle room' for next year - Johnny Football (with all its ups n' downs) will arrive.

Geno Smith, bar one pass, looked like a NFL QB.

R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl
Nevada vs. Louisiana-Lafayette New Orleans
Mercedes-Benz Superdome Dec. 20
11 a.m. ESPN
Gildan New Mexico Bowl
Utah State vs. UTEP Albuquerque, N.M.
University Stadium Dec. 20
2:20 p.m. ESPN
Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl
Utah vs. Colorado State Las Vegas
Sam Boyd Stadium Dec. 20
3:30 p.m. ABC
Famous Idaho Potato Bowl
Western Michigan vs. Air Force Boise, Idaho
Albertsons Stadium Dec. 20
5:45 p.m. ESPN
Raycom Media Camellia Bowl
South Alabama vs. Bowling Green Montgomery, Ala.
Cramton Bowl Dec. 20
9:15 p.m. ESPN
Miami Beach Bowl
BYU vs. Memphis Miami
Marlins Park Dec. 22
2 p.m. ESPN
Boca Raton Bowl
Marshall vs. Northern Illinois Boca Raton, Fla.
FAU Stadium Dec. 23
6 p.m. ESPN
San Diego County Credit Union Poinsettia Bowl
Navy vs. San Diego State San Diego
Qualcomm Stadium Dec. 23
9:30 p.m. ESPN
Popeyes Bahamas Bowl
Central Michigan vs. Western Kentucky Nassau, Bahamas
Thomas A. Robinson National Stadium Dec. 24
Noon ESPN
Hawai'i Bowl
Fresno State vs. Rice Honolulu
Aloha Stadium Dec. 24
8 p.m. ESPN
Zaxby's Heart of Dallas Bowl
Illinois vs. Louisiana Tech Dallas
Cotton Bowl Dec. 26
1 p.m. ESPN
Quick Lane Bowl
Rutgers vs. North Carolina Detroit
Ford Field Dec. 26
4:30 p.m. ESPN
Bitcoin St. Petersburg Bowl
NC State vs. UCF St. Petersburg, Fla.
Tropicana Field Dec. 26
8 p.m. ESPN
Military Bowl presented By Northrop Grumman
Cincinnati vs. Virginia Tech Annapolis, Md.
Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium Dec. 27
1 p.m. ESPN
Hyundai Sun Bowl
Arizona State vs. Duke El Paso, Texas
Sun Bowl Dec. 27
2 p.m. CBS
Duck Commander Independence Bowl
Miami vs. South Carolina Shreveport, La.
Independence Stadium Dec. 27
3:30 p.m. ABC
New Era Pinstripe Bowl
Boston College vs. Penn State Bronx, N.Y.
Yankee Stadium Dec. 27
4:30 p.m. ESPN
National University Holiday Bowl
Nebraska vs. USC San Diego
Qualcomm Stadium Dec. 27
8 p.m. ESPN
AutoZone Liberty Bowl
Texas A&M vs. West Virginia Memphis, Tenn.
Liberty Bowl Memorial Stadium Dec. 29
2 p.m. ESPN
Russell Athletic Bowl
Oklahoma vs. Clemson Orlando, Fla.
Florida Citrus Bowl Dec. 29
5:30 p.m. ESPN
AdvoCare V100 Texas Bowl
Arkansas vs. Texas Houston
NRG Stadium Dec. 29
9 p.m. ESPN
Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl
Notre Dame vs. LSU Nashville, Tenn.
LP Field Dec. 30
3 p.m. ESPN
Belk Bowl
Georgia vs. Louisville Charlotte, N.C.
Bank of America Stadium Dec. 30
6:30 p.m. ESPN
Foster Farms Bowl
Maryland vs. Stanford Santa Clara, Calif.
Levi's Stadium Dec. 30
10 p.m. ESPN
Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl
No. 9 Ole Miss vs. No. 6 TCU Atlanta
Georgia Dome Dec. 31
12:30 p.m. ESPN
VIZIO Fiesta Bowl
No. 20 Boise State vs. No. 10 Arizona Glendale, Ariz.
University of Phoenix Stadium Dec. 31
4 p.m. ESPN
Capital One Orange Bowl
No. 7 Mississippi State vs. No. 12 Georgia Tech Miami Gardens, Fla.
Sun Life Stadium Dec. 31
8 p.m. ESPN
Outback Bowl
Auburn vs. Wisconsin Tampa, Fla.
Raymond James Stadium Jan. 1
Noon ESPN2
Goodyear Cotton Bowl Classic
No. 8 Michigan State vs. No. 5 Baylor Arlington, Texas
AT&T Stadium Jan. 1
12:30 p.m. ESPN
Buffalo Wild Wings Citrus Bowl
Missouri vs. Minnesota Orlando, Fla.
Florida Citrus Bowl Jan. 1
1 p.m. ABC
Rose Bowl Game Presented By Northwestern Mutual
College Football Playoff Semifinal

No. 2 Oregon vs. No. 3 Florida State Pasadena, Calif.
Rose Bowl Jan. 1
5 p.m. ESPN
Allstate Sugar Bowl
College Football Playoff Semifinal

No. 1 Alabama vs. No. 4 Ohio State New Orleans
Mercedes-Benz Superdome Jan. 1
8:30 p.m. ESPN
Lockheed Martin Armed Forces Bowl
Houston vs. Pittsburgh Fort Worth, Texas
Amon G. Carter Stadium Jan. 2
Noon ESPN
TaxSlayer Bowl
Iowa vs. Tennessee Jacksonville, Fla.
EverBank Field Jan. 2
3:20 p.m. ESPN
Valero Alamo Bowl
Kansas State vs. UCLA San Antonio
Alamodome Jan. 2
6:45 p.m. ESPN
TicketCity Cactus Bowl
Washington vs. Oklahoma State Tempe, Ariz.
Sun Devil Stadium Jan. 2
10:15 p.m. ESPN
Birmingham Bowl
East Carolina vs. Florida Birmingham, Ala.
Legion Field Jan. 3
1 p.m. ESPN
GoDaddy Bowl
Toledo vs. Arkansas State Mobile, Ala.
Ladd-Peebles Stadium Jan. 4
9 p.m. ESPN
College Football Playoff National Championship Presented By AT&T
TBD vs. TBD

Amari Cooper and Melvin Gordon have been shortlisted as the two guys who get to sit on their arse in ill-fitting suits as Marcus Mariota collects this year's Heisman.

He'll probably end up as a Buc or a Titan so he's not winning in the long haul.

This stuff that Rodgers is producing is nothing short of godly.
Mvp is basically sewn up.

This stuff that Rodgers is producing is nothing short of godly.
Mvp is basically sewn up.

True true, but the pass protection from that O-line is off the charts as well. Not hard to throw darts when you've got that in front of you.

Back
Top Bottom